CBxxxx vs my-steel: 0 - 10

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by mika, Sep 23, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    5:34 AM
    I wish I had $1,000 to spend on a my-steel. If I had that sort of money to spend on my fetish I would definitely look to a full belt system, but it's a case of you get what you pay for. The CBx000 range is excellent given it is a 1/4 of the price. Yes they are less secure, but not disproportionately to the price.

2. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I meant that I wasn't specifically referring to this group. I belong to a number of different groups, and at any time on at least one of them, you'll find somebody claiming that a True Submissive should not need a device; they should simply do as their master or mistress commands.

Conversely, almost as often I see comments to the effect that a True Dom should not require their slave to use such devices because their command should be all that is needed.

I understand that generally these are signals originating on Planet Gor, and should be ignored by the more rational among us, but once in a while I get tired of hearing/reading them and just snap. :fighting0038:

3. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    Well, here's a thought: don't use a vibrator, don't shake it and don't try and pick the lock. Follow these guidelines and you'll probably find it works quite well.

Sorry, that's probably a bit unfair but I don't understand why someone who, presumably wants to be locked, would even try to break out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I find that unfair for two reasons. One - because we're all different. Two - because I actually took the trouble to explain why it was a problem for both my Goddess and me.

Because someone else doesn't understand doesn't change how we feel and surely that's what's important?

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ahhhh, twas the beloved Gorean chat rooms that got me soooo distraught in my early days of submission... *smiling sweetly as she twirls her silken silk, kneeling in the gracious position of submission, delivering her soul for eternity to Him* :indifferent0028:

And there is the difference between those of us in the real world, and those of us in webland... if I tried to twirl about in here I'd bash my knee on the bed!

So yes, as we've all said... there is no one way. It's all down to the uniqueness of the individual.

If we all did it the same way, it wouldn't be kink, it would be vanilla!

5. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ms. Tart, believe me, we have had the same problem. Despite her tendency to be more vanilla, Mrs. Edge has made it clear that a device which is not very secure isn't worth much more than tying a ribbon around me. This is one of the reasons that the Birdlock has gotten pushed to the back of the toy box -- with some determined squeezing, it's possible to stimulate me just enough.

That said, please be aware that *no* device is 100% secure for 100% of users. I have read about men wearing Tollyboys, Goethals, and even Latowskis who can manage (with sufficient vibration and arousal) to effect some kind of release while wearing their devices.

Even if you have a PA anchoring you to your 3k or 6k, a couple of minutes with a Hitachi Magic Wand will have some non-unpleasant effects.

Unfortunately, we must make do with whatever resources we have at hand. While I can imagine a Latowski-syle belt made with a shock-absorbing lining, I don't have the financial resources (nor, in fact, the time or energy) to devote to building one that *might* work.

This raises the question as to whether chastity devices in general are symbolic, instead of functional. But that's probably best left for another thread.

6. Paulette the Tart

Paulette the Tart Male maid

Retired
    Chilterns, UK and Pyrénées, France
    Local Time:
    Why another thread? Surely moving up from a CBx000 to a My-Steel (or any other florentine style belt) is not just a question of comfort but also one of security and effectiveness and, whilst the latter isn't mentioned in the OP, surely both are very relevant when considering spending over 500 - so I think the question is very relevant to this thread.

To be honest, I believe that anyone contemplating such an expensive purchase will be looking for 100% effectiveness because, as you rightly point out, a pink ribbon is far cheaper and just as effective for those who don't crave the desperate frustration of total chastity and whose Goddesses aren't really concerned whether you are completely and utterly in their control and are happy that you can cheat any time you want.

Voluntary self-imposed chastity has its place but surely we're talking about chastity at the whim and total control of our Goddesses?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice