CB6Ks cage is splitting.

Discussion in 'For sale/wanted (Please be aware of scams)' started by Meek, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Meek

Meek I<3CockTeasing

Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    Make reasonable sounding offer.

Cage is splitting, I guess you can glue it back together IDK. Not fully split yet.

Taking the chance to try something new. :3

2. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    I have heard of many instances of this. You may have purchased a cheap copy or perhaps your member is a little too large for the small cage.

3. sabine

sabine Junior Member

Montreal
    Local Time:
    11:00 AM
    I had the same issue with my old cb6K.
    I tried to glue it back together, but it didn't really hold. You may have better luck, who knows.
    Ultimately that's why I went for a metal cage instead.

4. Gabriellia

Gabriellia Long term member

Tech
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    I had the same problem at it was really new, So I called and they sent me a new cage under warranty. I was lucky so I had the wood looking 6000 and had them send me a clear 6000s.

5. Meek

Meek I<3CockTeasing

Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    I got it from the official amazon reseller. Should I try for the warranty thing?

6. SissyDeena

SissyDeena Deena

Local Time:
    I had a lot of problems with my CB6000 tube splitting ( I super glied back a few times). My smaller CB6000s tube has never come close to splitting tho. There was too much room in the longer version and the constant strain of hard then soft then hard then soft did it in every time. CB6000s however, all soft all the time, no splitting.

deena

7. mikeled

mikeled Member

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    you need to puck up a can of WELD ON-4 its a water thin acrylic welding adhesive once the 2 parts are put together and the adhesive is applied it actually welds the 2 together permanently. You have to put it on with a needle applicator and if it runs or drips it will screw up the surface of the cage.

8. subklik

subklik Office Girl

Local Time:
    I have had about six tubes now all of them are and were genuine "AL Enterprises" tubes and the frist three were replaced under warrantee the fourth I threw out as it broke after having been replaced already once and the fifth and sixth I still have and still use. This is in two and a half years of steady use and I have given up on getting new ones, for the past six months I have just fixed the old ones.

What I find is important is which super glue to use. Certain "crazy glue" will not wrk well or for very long, certain other crazy glue works much better, you need to get the one specified for plastic.
    I simply fix a tube after it breaks, which is inevitable, then switch tubes and fix the broken one for a spare and wait for the newly installed tube to break then repeat. This happens every two to three weeks they last and I find the rings last about three to six moonths and I always have spares for that as well.

I personally have found the essentuial design of the CB 6000 to be without peer, it is only in the function that it falls short. As for cost, if not for warrantee I would have spent arouind $800 or more by now on a unit that was originally about $165.00 USD.

So if the "WELD ON-4" tip works better then excellent! I will run out and get some. But until we can order a full belt or a metal cage this is what you need to do with a CB 6000. I am not unhappy really, but it could be so much better. I would hope that AL Enterprises does or has made improvments to the design. They are good about the warrantee so I assume that there is a lot of money going out fixing these things.
    When they ARE improved I sure hope they announce it too, that would be a big step.

Oddly, when i wore the CB for 120 days with no removal at all nothing broke during that time...Hmmmm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice