cb-6000 case spliting

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by wnt2srveu, May 10, 2010.

1. wnt2srveu

wnt2srveu Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    I have the CB 6000 and the case is splitting! i have only had it for about 1 year maybe. is there any way to fix this? its spliting apart at the tip and pinching the end of my penis. couldn't figure out what made it so sore. I don't know where the reciept is, so i guess i am out of luck with the warranty. any suggestions?

2. WantingInsider

IT
    Wet coast of Canada on an island
    Local Time:
    Crazy glue worked wonders for me. Check the back of the package to make sure it's got 3 stars for plastic.

3. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:35 AM

Been there pinched that. :confused0068: We bought my CB6000 off of eBay and used PayPal to pay for it. i looked up the receipt on PayPal and emailed a copy to AMiller143@aol.com they have great customer service, and can help you if any way possible. W/we had the CB6000 and when it split W/we requested the CB6000s cage as a replacement and they sent that to U/us. Standing tall Mistress has told me i'm about 6 1/2 inches but when flaccid about 1 1/2 inches. The shorter cage is more comfortable to me and i have better hygiene in it.(easier to use the rest room and keep clean.)

As for gluing it back together... sand the area around the seam, this will give the glue something to hold on to. or it will happen again, TRUST ME or other people have used An epoxy glue like Gorilla Glue or JB Weld with better results.

4. slave_aiden

slave_aiden Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    Mine has split now, three times. First time under warranty; sent back to the manufacturer. The next two times I've tried gluing just the area that has split. We tried a mini birdlocked, but that had complications.

I am now under orders to once again repair my CB6000. Thank you for the sanding idea, I will pull the entire cage apart and try that this time.

Good luck wnt2srveu.

5. her_pantyboy

her_pantyboy Active member

Construction
    Fort Laudedale
    Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    my cage hasn't split, but the 2" A-ring broke back in March, so i had to go down a size in the ring. Then last week one of the post came off, i took the other post out and crazy glued them both. It's been holding...love my cb6000s and don't want to be out of it a day, may need to buy a spare in case of emergency.

6. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:

Again ALE customer service is great for working with you. AMiller143@aol.com
    My CB6000 split the bottom seam, sent it in for warranty got it back and the ring ends broke, sent then back in and been locked up since Jan 1st with the replacement parts. No issues with the new parts.

Their customer service emailed my that i had one of the first batch CB6000 that had issues but have since changed material and process.

7. wnt2srveu

wnt2srveu Junior Member

Local Time:
    well it looks like i bought it in april of '09 so warranty is already gone. i wonder if i would be better off getting a new cage, or getting a new cb-3000? jamie, sounds like i probably got one from that first batch then, sounds like we may have gotten them around the same time. think i should just get a cage, or the 3000, i ask because right now they have a 3000 for $98, and the cage for the 6000 was around $115.

thanks

8. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:

i was told the first batch CB6000's was sold up until February 2009, but some stragglers could be found after that. (sent to retailers but not sold) so there is a possibility. Being so close to the end of the warranty period you might contact them and see if they will help you out.

The option is up to you and your KH. If your rings are still good you could opt for the redesigned CB3000 cage to work with the CB6000 rings. Here's a link:
    Kept for Her

9. wnt2srveu

wnt2srveu Junior Member

Local Time:
    thats an interesting option too. the 3000 case is smaller a little, correct?

maybe i will just have to try a dab of crazy glue and see if it works.

10. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    This information comes from Kept for Her. Com
    CB6000
    Tube Dimensions 3" Long (regular) and 2-1/2" long (Short) Opening and shaft is oblong - 1-3/8" wide x 1-1/4" high..

C3000 new style
    3" long Opening and shaft are round - 1-3/8" inside diameter...

The Curve
    3-3/4" long 1-7/16" inside diameter...

CB2000
    2-1/2" long 1-1/2" inside diameter....

Have you read above?

11. wnt2srveu

wnt2srveu Junior Member

Local Time:
    I did read that thanks.

I e-mailed ALE and they agreed to replace it for me :) yay! I got a copy of my invoice and sent it to them so hopefully a new cage will be coming shortly! thanks for the advice. i contemplated asking for the short cage, but i decided against it, as when i start getting chubbed up i fill the standard cage pretty quickly. hopefully i can get the fitting correct and try wearing it longer now. :D

thanks again

12. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    I knew that if it was close they could help you., good luck on your fitting.

13. Bound4Fun

Bound4Fun Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:35 PM
  14. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    Wow, that is the first "S" cage i've heard that has split, how long have you had it? Has my ticker says, i've been wearing this one for 5 months, no problems with it so far. The only thing that has gone wrong this time is that i nicked the ring with my razor one day and it left a little sharp edge that rubbed me sore. i had to take it off and sand it back smooth with about 5 steps of sand paper finishing up with about a 600 grit sand paper.

15. Bound4Fun

Bound4Fun Junior Member

Local Time:
  16. Bound4Fun

Bound4Fun Junior Member

Local Time:
  17. CBBM

CBBM New member

Local Time:
    12:35 PM

I had the same with my CB300 after one night..........
    It's glued now with strong glue and I mounted a tie wrap around it. Also black as the CB3000. It's not that beautiful but very strong now.
    By the way, I also recieved a knew cage after sending an emila with a photo.

18. gaysub

gaysub Junior Member

Local Time:
    The top of my CB6000 split and I'm trying to take it apart but I can't seem to get the two halves apart. How did you all do it?

19. mikeled

mikeled Member

Local Time:
    The best way to fix the splitting of the Acrylic cages of the CB's is with an Acrylic welding material its water thin and used in manufacturing large and small Acrylic Aquariums. Once the material is applied it permanently welds the 2 pieces together into 1 and you wont have to ever worry about it splitting again. The only issue with this stuff is that it you drip or let it run at all it will screw up the clear finish on the CB. Only requires about 10 to 20 sec of clamp time and about 24 hours to completely harden Both of the pieces have to be put together before you apply it with a needle applicator bottle into the seam and it will flow into the seam and that's it. The material has to be purchase in way more than what you well ever use. I may be able find a way to put this stuff in some small glass bottles and provide the aplicator bottle for sale. Or provide a service to Fix the splitting and return your devices for a fee. I will think about it In the mean time if you have any questions PM me

Mike

20. Nik Tizek

Nik Tizek New member

Local Time:
    9:35 PM
    A.L. Enterprises - buyer beware!

I've just been in contact with CB-X.com, the people who market the original CB-6000, who appear to be the same people (ALE) referred to in earlier posts. I have two of these devices (genuine items, not copies), purchased more than two years ago. Both have developed exactly the same fault, i.e. split at the top of the shell covering the head of the penis.

Have to say I'm very disappointed with the response. My original email explained the situation clearly and framed a single question: "Can you please advise the best way for me to repair these items?"

My understanding is that the devices are made from a polycarbonate; I have no idea what kind of adhesive to use with polycarbonate.

1. Firstly, they admitted they're aware of the problem: "Since it is only plastic, over time the parts can break" (quote from ALE).
    2. They advised they have a one year warranty to deal with the issue (I had already told them my devices are both over two years old).
    3. Despite admitting there is an issue, they suggest people in forums like this one who have experienced breakages "have purchased fakes and may not be aware" (quote from ALE).
    4. Although my email asked one question, i.e. best way to repair, they ignored it. Instead, the suggestion is to purchase more product (which, presumably, is also expected to fail outside the warranty period): "I can offer you a 10% discount on a new cage and flat rate shipping of $10.95" (quote from ALE).

The writer warns about fakes, but you know my guess is that I'd receive at least the same level of customer service from the people selling those.

I did go back to the company with my original question, which wasn't covered at all in their original response. Their second response: "There is no adhesive I can recommend because there is not going to be a safe and sanitary way to do so. We do not recommend repairing cages." (quote from ALE)

Despite the writer referring to his/herself in their email ("no adhesive *I* can recommend"), neither message provided a contact name, only "Customer Service, A.L. Enterprises" and the address. So I have no idea if A.L. Enterprises is a small single-person operation, or my emails were dealt with by the same person.

My advice would be simply to stay away from these. I bought $600 worth of gear and I'm really not happy with "boo-hoo-buy-more" as follow up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice