Care tips for magic locker lock

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Couple4517, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Couple4517

Couple4517 Active member

Europe
    Local Time:
    10:55 AM
    So we've had some trouble with a magic locker style lock becoming stuck in the locked position. We note a lot of build up of rough green on the copper lock and so suspect the lock mechanism itself may becoming stuck because of this. We have now bought a new one but are keen to avoid a repeat.

Any tips on how to keep the lock working smoothly and ideally experience from those who have had their locks working a long time and shower with it on.

Some old posts suggest grease or wd40 but others say this causes dirt and grime to get trapped inside and block the mechanism. Some said an air pressure drying approach is best.

I hope in this thread to hear what actually works from those who have a working system for dealing with this issue.

Peter Rabbit and tiruh811 like this.
  2. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    1:55 AM
    What is a magic locker lock? For most mechanical locks, powdered graphite (avaliable at hardware stores) works well as a lubricant. Because it's not oily, it won't trap dirt and create a gummy mess inside the lock. Hope this helps.

Couple4517 likes this.
  3. Couple4517

Couple4517 Active member

Europe
    Local Time:
    Good point, by magic locker I meant the cabinet style locks used by holy trainer and similar devices such as from steelworxx.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it

4. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    4:55 AM
    Most of the "magic locks" are absolute junk with terrible tolerances and likely constructed from the cheapest materials available. For "real" locks, you want to avoid using anything that will attract dust or particles but I'm not sure that really matters for something that's getting washed on a regular basis.

Graphite is a classic choice for lock lubrication but you could also use a silicone or Teflon spray. A light machine oil would work too. In any case you want to work the key in and out, operating the lock to spread the lubricant. It might not be a bad idea to have several locks, rotating them out, so that the washed one can fully dry.

The WD in WD-40 stands for water displacement. It actually a pretty lousy lubricant overall.

Couple4517 and danleft1 like this.
  5. slappy

slappy Long term member

Local Time:
    3:55 AM
    I wouldnt say absolute junk...they are made of brass...although i will say that the ones i recieve with chinese cages are crap...but the ones recieved frkm steelworxx are of nicer quality Nd have never had a issue with there...email dietmar at steelworxx i am sure he will sell you a few of his good ones

6. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    Green on copper or brass is corrosion, either from stuff in the water or dissimilar metals reacting. salt water air will also do a number on it.

Couple4517 likes this.
  7. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    2:55 AM
    For locks the perfect lubricant and protector is TriFlow. This is made from suspended particles of Teflon in an aerosol can with a tiny detachable straw.
    Ask any locksmith.

Couple4517 likes this.
  8. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have the one that came with my steelworxx.

I hot tub with it shower daily etc and maybe once every other month I add a drop of quality "machine" oil ... lol actually it is the oil for the hair clipper blades. Work the key and the lock any times to get it distributed well.

Couple4517 likes this.
  9. Couple4517

Couple4517 Active member

Europe
    Local Time:
    Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

10. sissy_connie

sissy_connie Long term member

professional
    Local Time:
    This tread just caught my eye. Question for the group. I have a "real" Holy Trainer V2 with magic lock. some of the comments have posited that all "magic locks" are junk. Is that true? Or are the genuine ..higher priced products better?

11. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I only have the "magic locks" that come with the cheap Chinese devices, so I can't comment on those that are included with the better devices. The one I tested has 3 pins and is absurdly easy to get into. I'm not a locksmith, nor do I have any actual lock picks but I do have some understanding of how pin-tumbler locks work and how to pick a lock. What I used is a small dental pick that can be purchased in any drugs store for a few dollars. The one I used is on the left.
    dental pick.jpeg

I did file down the tip of it a bit so it wasn't so sharp or long.

What I attempted to do first, was what's called "single pin picking." That's a process where each pin is "set" individually. That took me about 1 minute on the first try and maybe 45 seconds on subsequent tries.

Then I used a technique called "raking" where, with a regular lock, a special tool is run in and out of the lock in an attempt to set the pins. I don't have a rake so I just used the dental pick. It took me 2-3 seconds to open the lock.

The simple fact that any lock small enough to work with chastity is just not that secure. The best any of us can do is "tamper evident" using some kind of metal or plastic seal.

sissy_connie likes this.
  12. sissy_connie

sissy_connie Long term member

professional
    Local Time:
    Not sure i want to use those dental pics" to get lock off if i am in it :)

13. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I only tried with the cage in my hand, haven't tried it on the body. I can't imagine it being much or difficult or even dangerous.

14. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    Having had to break the magic lock to get out our PA Padlog on the rare occassions I have had cause to think about this issue.

The integrated or magic lock that fastens the cage to the base ring is fine and has always continued to work. How you would deal with that not working if you had a HT or similar device where the lock is enclosed in stell and therefore inaccessible is anothe rmatter entirely.

The lock in the PA padlog is the one that keeps seizing up. Obviously it has a urine shower several times a day and it is not always possible to rinse it immediately after. When I replace this one I shall be looking at trying to seal it with some king of plastic or low temperature wax.

A more practical answer would be the same lock made with surgical or marine quality stainless steel or even a good plastic ... I've not found either of those yet... has anyone else?

the search engines I've tried have not been helpful.

15. mistercallan

mistercallan New member

Self Employed
    Australia
    Local Time:
    6:55 PM
    I only have Chinese devices so I've never seen one that comes with a genuine HT (are they really any different?).

Every time to the lock comes out I put a couple of drops of light oil in there and let is soak in, then wipe the excess off the outside. So far so good... You could use WD40 but it's stinky!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replace...rentrq:ada080ff16b0ad4b5675d39dffb00129|iid:1

I've seen these on Fleabay from China - can't vouch for he quality but for $10 might be worth a go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice