Can't fit the ring (HT V4 Nub)

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Caged Johnathan, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Caged Johnathan

Caged Johnathan New member

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    Hi all!
    I'm new here at CM, and I'm very happy to join this community. I bought my first chastity device, but I'm having trouble putting it on. It's a HT V4 Nub (pink ^^), but I can't fit the ring! Turns out, either I'm too hard to fit it, or my balls are tight.

I've tried hot baths, relaxing, but nothing works. I also don't want to masturbate so I don't lose the boner.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions? (Sorry for my English!)

2. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    9:40 PM
    Hi, and welcome to Chastity Manor!

You said this is your very first experience with a chastity device?

The HT V4 Nub is a very small device. Depending upon the physical size of your stuff, I would think that it would, at best, be a very uncomfortable first chastity device to wear, and at worst, impossible or nearly so to get to fit right, especially with any degree of comfort.

I believe that the majority of folks who use that device have worked their way "down" from larger cages. I know that personally, after many years of being locked up, I use such devices without much problem (with proper sizing, of course). But when I look at some of my original cages from years ago...they all seem to be so big that they're almost laughable. Yet, at one time, I filled them and my erection was tightly constrained within them. They would be useless to me now because they are so big.

So, I guess what I'm suggesting is that you perhaps try a device that might give you a bit more room to work with to let your body and brain become conditioned into the idea of being locked up. It's a physical thing for sure, but you also need time to develop the proper mindset. An ill-fitting device can cause pain and injury and that isn't what most of us want in a chastity device.

I guess my last question or comment is, are you using a legitimate Holy Trainer or one of the many knock-offs? I seem to read more issues from the knock-off devices than the OEM units. I've only used the legit versions when I used HT cages and never had an issue. BUT....I had lot of experience to make sure I ordered the proper sizes. And yes, I started with larger cages and worked my down to the Nub version. I was actually wearing a Nub V4 24/7 until I bought the NC03 in my avatar. As it turns out, the NC03 was MUCH more comfortable than I had imagined AND Wifey liked the added security of a metal cage. So currently, the Nub just sits in it's box and the NC03 is my 24/7 cage.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

~subrick

3. Caged Johnathan

Caged Johnathan New member

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    Hi subrick! Thanks for the advice and tips. I already had contact with a friend's CB6000s, and precisely because I didn't like it, I decided to go for the HT. What attracted me the most was its size and being only 2 pieces. I'm 2 inches soft and 4.3 inches hard. So Nub is not that small for me. After reading several reviews talking about the comfort of this device for night use and daily activities, I decided to buy it even though I knew it would be a challenge. My biggest difficulty is not its size, but putting the ring in place!

4. CuckCpl4BlkMenONLY

CuckCpl4BlkMenONLY Active member

Mississippi
    Local Time:
    8:40 PM
    We noticed the ring sizes on the v4 of HT seems to fit tighter than the older versions. My hubby was in a 36mm ring with small cage in the other versions but has to wear a 45mm ring with the small cage in the v4

5. Gwen Sissymittens

Gwen Sissymittens Active member

Local Time:
    What size base ring are you using? I wear HT v4 as well but can only fit in the 55mm base ring.

I use Vaseline on the ring and put my device on slightly inverted (oval pointing down instead of horizontal). This allows me to insert one testicle then the other. I then very carefully reposition the ring to where the tube will line up.

6. Gwen Sissymittens

Gwen Sissymittens Active member

Local Time:
    Subrick, what do you recommend as a larger cage to start with?

7. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    TLDR: Beats me. ;) Measure yourself as recommended by several different companies and start snooping around for devices which fit those measurement.

Hi,

Ok, first of all I need to put a bit of historical perspective of my experience on all of this. The first chastity device I purchased was WAY BACK in the tale end of the 1980's and early 1990's. There was no internet. Things were mail order and there was one bondage related company that offered a device which pretty much looked like a single hand-cuff with a sheath on the front, with the front open. So not true chastity, but it was more of a way to keep one's cock mostly out of play. It wasn't comfortable by any stretch for more than just a couple hours. I don't even know if those types of devices are still made. And if they are, I wouldn't recommend one anyway, at least not for chastity purposes.

I definitely see your point looking for an entry level device. Over the decades, companies started releasing newer and better designs. Now there are so many options it can be very confusing as to which would work best. IF I was starting out today, I agree, it would be a challenge figuring out what to buy.

And one thing I've noticed on these forums over the years is that devices which work well for some folks, don't for others. There are just too many factors that come into play between the devices and the prospective wearer. So even IF I could recommend something that worked very well for me (such as the NC03 in my avatar), I'm sure there are others that wouldn't like it. I don't think it would be great first device for most because it's probably too small.

So...my advice to someone starting out: Go to a LEGITIMATE website that sells devices and read their instructions for proper measurement to find the best fitting device. I would do this with several different websites/manufacturers as this will begin to give you an idea as to the size ranges you should be looking at.

For beginners, if you're ultimately looking for long-term wear, I would put comfort first and foremost over size, security, material, whatever. You have to get used to wearing a device for long periods of times. First hours, then a few days, and then possibly weeks & months. Obviously hygiene will come into play, but for the most part, you need to find a device which will allow you the adjustment, both physical AND psychological, of having that part of your body "out of play". You'll need to come to grips with sitting down to pee all of the time. It sounds simple enough, but it is something that you must adopt in your new mindset.

If you're only looking for short-term/over night wear, than comfort can take a back seat to other characteristics.

Again, from my reading here, there are different ideas as to what the ideal length should be. I believe I'm in the camp that feels there should be some space, but not too much, in the cage when you're flaccid, so that it's relatively easy to put on. But when things begin to harden, the cage will restraint the growth. If there's TOO MUCH space when soft, the penis seems to swell into the space allowed, and this seems to put more pressure on the back ring and adds to the discomfort. Again, that's MY experience, but others will invariably differ. Again, from MY experience, after being locked up for extended times, the penis does shorten and erections are not as long. I noticed this even BEFORE I started having ED issues. So if you look at the progression of cages that I've purchased over the years, they continually got shorter and shorter. Some of the early CB models I purchased are positively HUGE in comparison, and would never work for me now.

Fortunately now, there are numerous places which offer varieties of devices. I've even seem some places which offer "chastity discovery kits" or some such which have a variety of devices and/or sizes to help get you started. Most of these are "cheap" knock-off devices, so I wouldn't expect long life out of them, but they might give one an idea as to what might be best. You definitely want to get a couple of different ring sizes. Companies measure their rings in different ways, so a 45mm ring measurement from one manufacturer might not correspond to a 45mm ring from another. In fact, someone mentioned that the rings on the HT v4 seem to fit tighter than the previous series and I will reiterate those sentiments as well. I did need a larger ring when I was using mine.

As I say that, I'm also not generally one who supports the "knock off" industry. So I'd encourage that IF you found a fairly comfortable knock off device to then go ahead and purchase a legitimate device from the original manufacturer. That's just me, of course, but as an engineer and an artist (musician), I like to see people be properly compensated for their work.

So, I realize I've typed a chapter or so and STILL haven't given any specific recommendations. I don't believe I'll be able to do that. I think you just need to take some measurements, see what's out there and give it a shot.

Of course, thanks to @L-u-c-y we have this awesome space so you can search to see what others have said about any specific device, or ask about a device that is being contemplated. But regardless of how or where you look, you'll need to do some research.

On the plus side, it's MUCH cheaper now to experiment than it was for those who "came through the ranks" over the past decades, purchasing the "latest & greatest" design at full manufacturer's cost. I'm sure I've spent over $2,000 the past three decades. (Remember, knock-offs pretty much didn't exist for the first 2 decades of my chastity experience.) If you can find the ideal device for a couple hundred bucks of experimentation, you're doing well! ;)

Oh, one last thing, but in my opinion pretty important. I'd shave as best as possible down in that area. Some devices seem to have a knack of snagging and pulling on hairs, so shaving eliminates that problem. If might also help to figure out exact locations of discomfort, and IF you need any type of lubrication it will probably be more effective. Even being shaved down there might be an adjustment for some, so again, you have to get yourself into the mindset.

Good Luck,

~subrick

8. Chastity_caned

Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    Superb reply. Nothing to add.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice