Can submissive men in chastity be leaders?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by HeForHer, Jan 18, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. HeForHer

HeForHer Active member

Finance
    Toronto, Canada
    Local Time:
    5:11 AM
    Disclaimer: I totally get that not all conflate chastity with these other concepts. And I respect that. But here, I’m asking those that do.

My question is on men in positions of authority and leadership. How do they separate or deal with submissive leanings when working with female colleagues? Can a man with his dick snugly locked up beneath his clothes stand tall and run a department or a company? Could a man who believed men should obey their wives and women were superior be a CEO and manage men and women without bias? If I feel like a female supremacist, can I reasonably promote a talented man over less talented female options?

As I explore and accept my trends towards believing in female superiority and female supremacy (in a workplace kind of way, not a dungeon and whips sort of way) I find myself struggling not to be more submissive to female colleagues.

As I’m in a position where I have some female bosses above me but also female employees working below me, this at times can be confusing.

There’s nothing sexual to it, just a difficulty in maintaining my independent position on work policy when the situation may demand it, as in the back of my head I have a inner voice saying that the world and work would be better if women led and men obeyed more.

For example, giving a presentation to three female colleagues the other day. I was having to make the case for a policy I know they weren’t keen on supporting. And one of them said something to the other two that I didn’t catch and they all smirked. Now it may not have been about me at all, probably wasn’t. But all I could think of was, I’m a white cis male locked into chastity and believes women are now superior and our type our in steep decline. A decline many want to see. And I’m standing here trying to convince them when in truth part of me wishes to meekly obey them instead. And how can I stand here confident when below my clothes is a little defeated limp dick that just two days before my gf mocked as she locked it shut.

In that situation I felt that there could be some meaningful stuff for me to try to work out. And as you all here have a wealth of varied experience, I thought I’d ask!

And fyi this isn’t a topic on how macho male styles of leadership are a thing of the past. I’m not that way at all so the issue on this occasion is not toxic masculinity or just being more considerate to the opinion of female colleagues. That is a worthy subject but separate to this please if possible!

sissy_connie and Rectrix like this.
  2. b_quark

b_quark Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    3:11 AM
    I am in a leadership role in my career, and I have no problem separating these domains. That's not to say I don't think about it similar to the way you do after work, but while I'm working I'm doing only that and not thinking about sex or submission or chastity.

HeForHer likes this.
  3. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:11 AM
    As a submissive I like to champion causes, organisations and ideas. So as long as I am championing, I can lead.

HeForHer likes this.
  4. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'll be dating when I mention that I used to be active on Usenet (newsgroups) a long time ago, but in one particular group there was a woman who was a fairly outspoken member, who had this wonderful quote in her sig line (the signature text block):

Wearing a hunk of stainless on my tonker doesn't make me a doormat, nor does it make me submissive to *every other woman* I meet. It just means that my wife and I enjoy some kinky play *with each other.*

Yes, I'm pleasant and helpful, and her friends remark that she has a nice husband, but I already had those qualities.

However, if you are a female supremacist, then it's quite possible that you can't resolve this issue with regard to work. You could always resign your position and recommend a woman be hired in your place.

Jasmic68, Breathe, Unlucky and 11 others like this.
  5. Jinkyu

Jinkyu Long term member

Seattle area
    Local Time:
    2:11 AM
    Noone at my company (one of the largest in the world) holds my key.

KPownsJD, gary170 and herboi like this.
  6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    The common image of a submissive man being a crossdressing sissy and under the thumb of all women is a corny, laughable stereotype. A lot of guys buy into it when thinking with their 'wrong head', but like many stereotypes, it's not workable in reality. Nor are many of the men on this site (or elsewhere) misogynists who play 'dress-up' just to get more sex. The vast majority are typical guys; they love their wife or girlfriend, they're good dads, they have a job where they interact with other men & women, and so on.

I'm sexually submissive, but also an opinionated SOB, as many old-timers here can vouch for. The way I act in the non-sexual elements of my life have little relation to my feelings of enjoying chastity in private. Maybe the OP needs to consider how better to compartmentalize these areas, so his sexual life remains separate from his professional life. As it would be wrong to define women purely on the basis of their appearance, so it would be equally wrong to define a man purely on the basis of his sexual choices or preferences. When I'm out and about, I tend to forget about my locked little dick; it's not relevant when I'm paying a teenage girl for my groceries.

herboi, Breathe, Unlucky and 4 others like this.
  7. Finn-egan

Finn-egan Long term member

Canada
    Local Time:
    I am definitely a bit more submissive overall when locked full time, and denied. Having said that.....I am submissive to my keyholder, because that's our dynamic. When I am better informed, or more capable, she lets me be in charge in those instances, but she has the final vote. The thing is that she knows what she knows, and what she doesn't know. Sexually, and kink wise, she is fully in charge. In daily life, she is in charge (when we are on our own time) and I fulfill a role somewhat like a butler.

With my wife, we are equals. That's our dynamic there. She makes more than I do, and I do the cooking at home, but that's part of respecting the equality of women.

In my many years of kink life, Ive generally been a switch, and have had female subs, although there, I have always preferred strong subs. That was our dynamic. Dynamics for me, are on an individual basis. I believe in equality of the sexes, and the roles are determined by the chemistry, and/or quality of the person.

I get where you are coming from. We practice a fairly strict, and emasculating form of chastity, and that definitely has changed my personal sexual identity. I am less Toppy, and less likely to disagree with the women in my life, and that does carry over to some degree to my outside life. I don't have any belief in no questions asked female superiority, or lack of self esteem however.

8. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    4:11 AM
    Chastity play and being submissive in my private activities has no bearing on my public/professional life. I have run organizations, done talks in front of hundreds, and made far reaching decisions while locked; and never did my sick being caged or my preference for being in bondage in the bedroom ever enter into consideration.

My personal belief is that if a man is tasked with taking care of his family or significant other, submissive or not, he should do what needs to be done. Even a submissive should set aside their desires and sexual based preferences to do what is expected, whether it involved being authoritative over a female or following the direction of a female.

Rectrix and Jasmic68 like this.
  9. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    If you are of the mind set that women are "superior" and you should simply "obey" them in the workplace you are doing a disservice to your company and its stakeholders.

If job responsibilities include the hiring/firing/promotion of others, then you can not include your personal biases in those decisions. Let's look at that sentence with some different words:

If I feel like a white supremacist, can I reasonably promote a talented black over less talented white options?

That sure sounds pretty disgusting to me, hurtful, bigoted. Why should "female" supremacy be any different. If you want to lock up your dick because your girlfriend makes fun of it, that's fine. If you want to live in a FLR, that's fine too. Just don't bring it into the workplace.

Cowboob and Tom Allen like this.
  10. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    I suffer from gender dysphoria and spent the better part of three years in a chastity device. A combination which definitely does not scream “macho”. And really I have no desire to be seen as or feel macho. Yet I am looked up to by many in my professional and private life as a leader. Even people much higher up the totem pole than me in my company come to me for advice.

I have always been two things: a natural leader, and reluctant. I don’t see myself as a leader. I really don’t even like thinking about myself that way. I feel like I am a mess. And yet people follow me and I tend to make good decisions and give good direction. I am a reluctant leader.

I have seen posts on here before that suggest that many men in high pressure professional positions with lots of responsibilities find submitting to somebody they trust very relieving. It’s a safe way to escape from the pressures of the alpha male expectations that everyone has. It’s a safe way to let at least one thing go and not have to be in control of: sex.

HeForHer likes this.
  11. Barburia

Verified Female

Authority
    Llano Estacado
    Local Time:
    I would think a submissive could enjoy being in the position of presenting something inadequate, feeling humiliated about that, and being smirked at. Why not? Sounds kind of fun.

HeForHer likes this.
  12. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    I'm openly trans female so it may be a bit different for me. But I'm our the team-lead and technical lead for my software team. I have no issues separating submissiveness in my sexual life with leadership at work. Personally I only see things as awkward if you have a crush or sexual desire to someone at work.

Personally I have NO issue separating things out. But I know that can differ for other people.

In terms of your example, in my eyes its all just work dynamics and figuring out the correct solution. With all of this said I work in a VERY healthy and equal environment. I know in other environments dynamics aren't as healthy, and that can pollute the waters on perceptions.

OscartheTurtle and Robinoh like this.
  13. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    For me, there's this fairly frequent thought process or mental discussion I have with myself about these issues. I'm a senior project leader in a firm of professionals and very experience and respected both inside and outside my firm. I'm intensely alpha and the work requires that too. But my boss is female and so are many of the team members I supervise. And I work in chastity.

Yes, as @Billus says, we have to compartmentalize, and I do constantly remind myself of that. And yet as @HeForHer explains in the OP, the thoughts do creep in. I do believe that generally women are better people than men, more thoughtful, more engaged, better team players. And I'm submissive. For me, chastity is more than it is for @Tom Allen, it's more than a kinky game my wife and I play. It's a way to cabin my alpha side, to assist in over-coming toxic masculinity, to get more in touch with my feelings. And that can't be left at home or compartmentalized, it's a part of my evolving personality. Do I remind myself when "Alison" speaks that I want to listen more closely to her? Yes. That doesn't mean she's always right of that "Peter" isn't right, but it does mean that my evolving effort to become a less toxic man, reinforced by a steel cage that is constantly reminding me that I'm not one of those thoughtless dominant males anymore, is actively seeking out the voice of women, wanting to make sure I'm giving them every opportunity.

And then there are the thoughts as I walk the halls, increasingly occupied by younger successful attractive women who are flourishing in my industry. "God she's attractive, I'd love to worship her. I wonder what she'd think if knew how submissive I am. I know she's way too smart and sophisticated for me, I'm so out of her league. If I were her age I'd be her house husband."

That conflict, that need to compartmentalize, between executing my job and being the leader I need to be, while at the same time knowing I'm a submissive man who'd be better off serving these women, can be tiring! By the time I get home I can't wait to kiss my wife's feet.

boisub, HeForHer and Giveitup like this.
  14. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I am in a position of authority. I manage staff, male and female. My immediate boss is male, the two bosses more senior than that are female. It makes no difference. I have submissive tendencies but not at work. Similarly, I am a shy and introverted person by nature, but not at work. It's kind of a uniform you pull on yourself.

15. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    If as mentioned by the OP you are experiencing ..mixed feelings, conflicts or issues with power dynamics at work then might I suggest you get yourmindset and real life priorities in order.

If you you really are or do feel submissive in regard to your partner why are you confusing those feelings in relation to yourself and other women? Is it not concedivable that your partner would consider such feelings being held by you in relation to other women as a form of infidelity... have you even spoken to her about this to ascertain her views?

Some men claim that by regarding women as being superior to themselves or even men in general they are in some way a little better than the average man, perhaps even as the future of where mankind 's inter gender dynamics might be (or even ought to be) going. If that is the case why is your mind off your work as you are fantasising about being submissive to all female colleagues regardless of their's and your employee status.

There are quite enough issues about sex and sexual harassment in the work place without men using nonconsenting not even consulted or consciously aware women as a part of their fantasies.

If the FD or FLR or even a FLSociety is something that appeals to you or even believe in then you need to start considering what is in your headspace regarding women that you are not in a relationship with that perhaps should not be.

Cowboob and Rectrix like this.
  16. steph17

steph17 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I am in a position of authority in my life, I deal with it by submitting to only one woman, my wife/kh, I dont see the need to submit to all women, my wife is my life.

17. mlcf

mlcf Obedient

CEO of the company
    Brazil
    Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    Look, I run my own company... and it is 98% female workers... I always give preference to a woman to work for me.... they work better, have less sick days and are more stable people. In my company women get better paid then man and better treatment too.....lol... but anyway I love these feelings of run a all female company, using a chastity belt and by the end of the day surrender myself to my wife..... so... it is 100% possible... it all depends if you want... there is the business man and the is my wife submissive husband....

18. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Don't think, one needs to be macho, dominating or pervasive to lead.
    Being friendly, witty and sometimes even intelligent helped me more! ;):p

Ma’ams Slut and Breathe like this.
  19. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    I am the owner of my company and, at the same time am a caged sissy in a very successful FLR, I have to compartmentalize everything or I would go nuts. I do have to admit that I sometimes have real difficulty not treating some of the women who work for me as my superior. They are powerful, smart and very effective at what they do and I have thought about confiding in a couple of them about how inferior I feel when around them. I cannot do that and maintain control of my company though. Mistress thinks its funny, how confused I get over this issue!

Rectrix, b_quark and Ma’ams Slut like this.
  20. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    Absolutely men in chastity can be leaders. In fact, it reinforces sexual stereotypes to suggest a man can't lead without a functioning dick. That implies that a woman could NEVER lead because she doesn't have a dick.

I can't say what I do, but I am well known in my field nationally. Nothing changed when I went into 24/7 chastity. If anything, I feel better because sex/intimacy with my beautiful wife/KH improved so dramatically.

21. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    I am submissive to my Wife, not all women. I have met plenty of women who are patently not superior in any shape or form. You meet lots of them on a weekend evening in many a British city. In fact they are a major reason as to why I don’t even live in Britain any more, I intensely dislike that sort of laddish culture.

22. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    I am much like you I run two companies so I am not submissive at work but to my wife I am hers it is a welcome change from being in charge all the time it has worked well for over 10 years

Chaste J. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice