Can hinged rings ever be comfortable?

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by ChasteDilf13, Nov 14, 2014.

1. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:57 PM
    I hope this is the right forum, please move if not.

I recently got a stainless steel device with a hinged base ring, and I'm kind of regretting I didn't get one with a solid ring.

The hinge itself is obviously uncomfortable, a common solution seems to be to put a piece of surgical tubing over the hinge. My device came with a 1" piece so I tried it out. At first it was pretty good, however I've found that it didn't take long for the tubing to begin to stretch and deform. It's now so stretched that it doesn't stay over the hinge, and my skin gets caught on the edges of the tubing itself. Not to mention that the point where the hinge closes catches hair if I'm not completely shaved clean.

I made a related post in another thread here:

http://www.chastitymansion.com/foru...e-turned-into-a-great-cage.13058/#post-119275

One solution I'm going to try (once it arrives), is to replace the surgical tubing. I'm going to replace the 1" long piece with enough tubing to go the whole way around the ring. This way it can't slide away from the hinge, and my skin won't get caught on both edges of the tubing. The tubing I purchased has a wall thickness of 1/32" (instead of the 1/16" that came with the device), so it shouldn't change the size of the base ring by very much.

Does anybody else have tips on how to make hinged base rings more comfortable? Or should I just give up and try another device? What about modifying the stainless steel ring to permanently weld it shut?

2. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    12:57 AM
    Hey!

I have a hinged ring device and I found the small tube that came with it simply served to make the chafing spot larger.

The tube was simply too small. All it did was to spread the irritation spot to either end of the tube. The ends of the tube are raised and, if those raised edges are still under the scrotum, they cause irritation at each end of the rubber tube because it is slightly raised.

I solved the problem by sliding a second tube along side the first one. That covers over half the ring and spreads the raised area to a point well above the bottom of the scrotum. The raised area is basically to the sides of the scrotum. Since then I have had no problem with rubbing/chafing.

I think you are on the right track by wanting to coat your entire ring. Anything that moves the point of irritation from under the scrotum is, IMHO, a good solution.

Good luck!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

3. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ah, excellent. Well I'm hoping this will do the trick for me as well. The ring was comfortable to wear 24 hours/day for several days but the tubing has become uncomfortable. Luckily I have another piece to use in the meantime until my new tubing arrives.

4. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    5:57 PM
    my ring is ok it don't hurt.

5. GT-CB6000

GT-CB6000 Long term member

Local Time:
    Good posting. I have a device on order that has hinged ring. I had a CB3000 that had hinged ring and found that most comfortable.

6. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    2:57 AM
    I have had the same issue and found that the solution is silicon tubing around the full length of the ring.
    I then use baby oil as a lubricant and can wear the device for extended time without irritation.

7. tiny_tim

tiny_tim Proudly Chaste

Far NW Suburbs, Chicago, IL
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:57 AM
    I have a device with a hinged ring, and I am extremely lucky. I have regularly taken care of the area with a petroleum jelly product.

8. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So I actually did finally receive my 1/32" silicon tubing, and I find it *way* more comfortable than the little piece that came with the ring. I used enough tubing to cover the entire base ring. It has the added benefit that the silicon prevented the cage from sliding down and pulling on my balls. All in all a good investment. I recommend this approach for anybody having problems with a hinged ring.

Victor38 likes this.
  9. Victor38

Victor38 Becoming Jules...

Idaho
    Local Time:
    10:57 AM
    I am headed to the hardware store right now to get some tubing. Great ideas!

10. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I also found that the tubing that came with the Chinese devices was rubber and the ends became hard and curled
    up creating a hard edge that rubbed.
    This does not happen with the silicon tube and even though in theory you should not use silicon lubricant
    I found it didn't seem to affect the tubing, however I switched to baby oil to be safe.

11. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I also found the baby oil to help alot, though I ended up getting a rash and found I was allergic to something in the oil. It was probably once of the scents in the baby oil.

I switched to pure coconut oil (I got a massive tub at Costco for 20$). It's only one ingredient, totally food safe (it's for cooking), but it makes a fantastic lubricant and is nice on the skin. It doesn't lubricate as long as mineral oil, but it's a good alternative for people allergic to mineral oils.

12. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I find a Non scented Hydrating had lotion is fantastic, just a pea size applied to the area for a few weeks and soon you will need less and less.
    But always kept handy for overpowering teased erections thats when i might need to apply again for comfort.

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  13. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Do you have one in particular that you like? Most mineral oils I found had lots of additives.

14. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Cant remember.......I think one is from Roc. Roc Hand cream
    one was from Garnier or maybe Nivea.
    The point is they are not the cheaper ones.

Maybe something for babys might work as most are unscented/hydrating and for sensitive skin

15. sashasproperty

Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace the silicone tube as well on my Bon4M-S as the stuff it came with lasted three weeks before it tore.

I wanted to know where you bought it from and how much it should cost? I will order thin wall thickness too (1/32"). What internal diameter would you recommend?

I measured the that came off to about 1/4" but it could also be stretched...

Thanks in advance!

16. sashasproperty

Australia
    Local Time:
    In fact, if anyone can please tell me inside diameter and outside diameter? Can't easily find the right size that has both internal diameter and a 1/32 wall thickness

17. SissySimone

SissySimone Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the idea about covering the whole ring with tubing, the pain in my balls where the end of the tube is is the last step to perfect chastity nirvana for me. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice