Cage size progression

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Coffeeandcaged, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Coffeeandcaged

Coffeeandcaged Active member

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    Although my ring size has stayed the same, my cage length keeps getting shorter. I went from an 80 mm length, which fit my length and girth perfectly, to a 70 mm and then down to a 60 mm. So my question is, what is everyone's preference in cage length and why. Would you prefer your flaccid penis be snug or compressed in a cage and do you get a different sensation/mental feeling between the two.

Bonus question. After keeping your penis compressed in a short cage, for an extended period of time, did you experience and issues related to performance?

MadameJs_boo and Peter Rabbit like this.
  2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    I opted for a very small cage after getting one a bit bigger than my flaccid length. Having cage fit snug, makes it easier to pee, and fit in my panties. As far as performance, the first time or so out is pretty weak. takes a bit to grow up, lol. I guess i'll find out again after October 31.

Coffeeandcaged likes this.
  3. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    do you mean dancing peformance or doing your work and thingys. or peeing.

Neander and Coffeeandcaged like this.
  4. Coffeeandcaged

Coffeeandcaged Active member

Local Time:
    How well it stands proud when she wants to use it.

5. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I think if you are unlocked at least once or twice a week & allowed to just get an erection.... you should be fine. I get a little tease every night and my device is pretty small right now. I have not had any issues.

6. Burn_e

Burn_e Long term member

Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    I think the way to go is clear. Shorter cages, shorter size and fewer chances to erect. And finally, no erections possible anymore. When I am horny, I want to go this way, when not, I am hesitating

7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    oooh. ok. thank you.

8. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    I have an MCN cage that is perfectly sized per the advice at that site (and the MM advice which is essentially the same). Completely comfortable (and I'm 24x7, typically unlocked only once every two months). But I felt it let more if an erection get started than ideal (though not nearly a full erection - I'm a grower).

So I had MCN make me a shorter cage. It's also completely comfortable and indeed restricts even the beginning of an erection. Does make peeing a bit messier (things are a bit scrunched up in there so the stream can shoot in unpredictable directions).

but the serious issue is that between a week and two weeks, the skin on the underside of my cock starts to get macerated because it doesn't get fully dry squished in there. When I am let out for PIV it is very tender and irritated (I don't notice any discomfort while in the cage). Can take up to a week to heal. So, I only wear the short cage a week at a time now. For those who don't go long term, probably not a problem.

Rectrix and Coffeeandcaged like this.
  9. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    12:20 AM
    Have gone from 70mm down to 42mm (total length). Strangely the shorter one is the most comfy.

MadameJs_boo and Coffeeandcaged like this.
  10. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Smaller cages are a matter of training. Neither penis length nor erectile capacity are affected by this, it's a head thing!

When you start you take a cage that blocks the erection a little and has "air", because you have to get used to it. It's like wearing tight clothes, you have to get used to it.

After a while you will start to use smaller cages, because you will appreciate the stimulus of the tightness. It's like a tight pussy, but made of plastic or steel.

The "performance" does not suffer, as already said above.

11. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    I also have a MCN sized as per Mark requirements. By the same driver to restrict erections a bit more I start to experiment with shorter cages from CK. Finally I went back in length from 92 mm (my MCN) to 75mm and 61 mm (both CK). After discovering mess with peeing, as well hygiene aspects during extended periods of wear, we decided to ga back in my MCN. Biggest advantage of this cage is that I can manipulate my foreskin to keep maximum hygiene. Basically I can wear this cage 365/24/7 without bothering my Love for the keys. Which she prefers.

So, my conclusion is that the wearing comfort and erection restriction works at best with the 75mm length. The 61 mm cage lead to extremely pushing forward of the cage during night (I am a grower too).

@cshorts : I consider to ask Mark to produce a shorter Contender too. How much did you reduce the length from your "original" MCN cage?

12. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    As others have said it’s a matter of progression, the longer your locked the shorter the cage you will fit it. Just go with it accept it. You will reduce over time.

MadameJs_boo and Coffeeandcaged like this.
  13. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    It's been a slow, shrinking progression:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?gallery/photos/shrinking-cages.48789/
    The current one is just 1.25" long and extremely comfortable. It's about a third the length of the first, which didn't compress my penis. The current one compresses it a lot but it's not proven a problem even though I'm uncut. Careful washing and skin care mean it can stay on for months at a time which Mistress likes and requires.

14. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    As others have said, yes there will be a progression (regression?) to smaller and smaller cages, the longer you are locked. Assuming, of course, that your lockup periods are near continuous. If you're let out for long periods of time (days, weeks, months) then you probably won't experience it.

Way back (over 20 years ago) when we first started, there wasn't much choice out there for chastity devices. Like many here, I have several of the CB models, purchasing the latest/greatest as they would release new models. BUT...my lockups were usually just for short periods, rarely longer than a week, and my Lovely Wife was not into the FLR aspects at that time. She played along with it, but really wasn't into it. But I look at those devices now and they look HUGE!!! No way they would work on my shriveled cock. Maybe, if I was out of the cage for a long period of time I might return to that size, but now those devices are just yet another reminder of "the way things used to be". :)

The last 5-10 years, we started resuming with longer and longer lockups. The CB's were just too long, and by this time there was a pretty good choice of other cage styles and sizes available. I found the Holy Trainer series and discovered I could wear those for a real long time (weeks & months) without any release other than a good weekly cleaning.

Since this lockup, today is day 575 of pretty much 24/7 lockup with no orgasm on my part of any kind during this period. Release is only for short periods IF She wants to play/tease/torment my cock with direct contact. Then I'm locked back up. This stainless steel cage is open enough that hygiene isn't an issue. My cage is the one in my avatar and even with some of the spikes screwed into it, there is room when I'm flaccid. Attempting to get hard, however, is a different matter. ;) That's was a topic in a different thread! :)

Funny thing is, I bought this cage just to be a "torment cage" when my Sweet Wifey wanted to change things up. I never expected it to be as comfortable as it is, and ultimately replace my HTv4. Sometimes you just have to experiment. But one thing for sure, shorter IS better. At least in my opinion.

~subrick

15. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    I agree with the caveat that your glans can become irritated by too much pressure on bars if too short.

IMHO the best is the shortest that you can wear with your "normal" flaccid length. I now wear a CK Small and I do not feel it during the day but if I become excited I do feel a nice reminding pressure.

I can tolerate shorter tubes (Short, Stub) but after a few days my skin becomes irritated, especially the skin that accumulates at the tube's entrance.

16. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    my original cage was sized (using MCN sizing rules) at 2 3/4” flaccid length. The newer cage is 2”. I really prefer the shorter cage except that the underside on my penis gets raw and chafed if in there more than a week or so without release and air time, whereas my KH prefers to keep me locked without release 1-2 months. Also, I don’t know if this matters for this issue of “scrunching” into a shorter cage, but I’m a grower.

elias and Coffeeandcaged like this.
  17. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Having started my chastity journey using the longest cage available at the time, a Curve, my preference in cage length now is for it to be as short as possible.
    I have a custom device that's 45mm long, and it's really comfy, but I'd have no hesitation in swapping to one just 20 or 25mm long. It's not only really comfortable inside a short cage, but having less bulk in your trousers means it gets pulled around less when you're moving about, jogging or cycling so makes it neater, safer and gentler on the "old boys".

I don't think I'd go any shorter than that or hygiene might become an issue, skin needs some air and even in a open barred device, if it's scrunched up it'd be more humid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice