Cage advice for beginners (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Nicoftime, Dec 4, 2017.

1. christoph

christoph Active member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean & it´s reason because I recommend a piercing. You are absolutely right, this is not for beginners, but if anyone is seriously interested in chastity life, that is the second step. Of course, everyone has to decide for themselves, I don not want to convince anyone, but I also want to say, that nobody should be afraid or doubt if it does not work right away. Chastity have not be painful, except from clear mistakes in the device, the measuring & the fitting which are to be eliminated. Chastity can be very easy & "comfy" * & You will find many great advices on chastity mansion. The design of JosieLynn is an excellent example, a helpful design to make chastity even more enjoyable

Chris

2. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Totally agree about the comfort and fit of these ergonomic rings, a complete revolution in chastity device fit.

3. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    @Nicoftime @Rectrix

I'm currently looking for a new cage suitable for long term wear. I've tried a 4.5cm cage and it's too tight, the end protrudes when completely flaccid and rubs against underwear and my KH hated the look of it. I don't think it's far off and ideally I'd guess I need a 5.5cm but can only see 5cm and 6cm in the metal, straight open design that I and my KH like. These are cheap HoD cages so I'm not breaking the bank but still don't want to get it wrong again. I think the extra 0.5cm would still be tight but maybe the 1.5cm might create space at the end of the cage? The post says go smaller, but I don't want to go too small.

Either way it's a big downgrade on my current 9cm which i've just worn for 2 weeks (but wouldn't be comfortable at work in as a matter of discretion). I've also got a 45mm ring on this one and when I get aroused it does tug my package quite a way from my body, maybe a combination off too much growing room and a little bit too big base ring? Also I am getting some irritation at the base of my sack, the burning sensation with redness.. What are the causes for that please? Although even though I ty to moisturise, there's no additional lube so that may be the cause.. but then wouldn't I need a less loose ring? Can only order the 5/6cm cage with one ring though so I need to decide on 40 or 45mm.

4. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    http://www.cherrykeeper.com

Based on what you've written, it sounds like the Small cage which has a total length of 61m and the Large circular ring, which has a diameter of 44mm, would be a close fit to your requirements

I like to use baby oil gel under the ring to keep the sack from getting irritated. Skin slides through the ring as temperature changes up and down, so if it's not lubed, it can get irritated. For me, as I adjust to it being in place, I find I don't always need it, but usually apply a fingertips worth after a shower.

H3RS likes this.
  5. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    How do you sleep in the 45mm ring? Going to 40mm at night is no go for me, and your skin problems will increase with smaller ring. Try to 45mm ring with the 5cm cage, slightly large on the ring, slightly small on the cage. You don't mention if you're cut or not, I'm assuming you are.

H3RS likes this.
  6. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    Hey Rectrix

When the 45mm is on it feels fairly snug, if I hold the ring and push into the skin (or vice-versa) I can create a finger sized hole (but I do have long slender finger like a pianist!). When asleep, it's very rare that I wake up because of it, and that's usually because I've got stuck half way up the cage getting hard. HoweverI can get the trapped skin just above the perineum and that burning sensation is awful. When I grow it does slide upwards pushing the testicles away from the body.

7. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Well going larger to 50mm is certainly not the answer. 45mm sounds right. The key is not give him any running room for a head start, thus shorter cage.

H3RS likes this.
  8. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    As @JosieLynn Jewell says, lubrication is critical. Some seem to need only lotion -- I find that doesn't last long enough and mostly use a silicone lube. Vaseline is also good (Vitamin A&D ointment provides the Vaseline and helps heal bad chafing), or by oil gel. You need something to help the base ring slide rather than tug.

H3RS likes this.
  9. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    Ahh I've been doing the base ring completely wrong. I knew the longer cage would lead to more tug but I thought a tighter base would negate that, thanks a lot for the lubrication tips.

It's looking likely that I'll go for the 5cm length and 45mm ring, tiny bit worried about stuffing everything into 5cm, especially after 4.5cm seemed very small. Will 0.5cm really make so much difference?

10. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    A lot of guys have trouble finding the right device when they start locking, so don't feel bad that you're struggling a bit. From what I've seen House of Denial just resells Chinese devices that are available from the source for far less money. If you look on DH Gate or Ali Express, lots of devices are available for less than US$20 but since you are using metric measurements I'm guessing you aren't in the U.S. and I have no idea how import duties or VAT effect the price.

Based on what you have said, it sounds like a 45mm base ring is about right for you and lube will help with irritation. As your penis grows it pushes against the tube, taking the base ring and your testicles with it. For most guys, a shorter tube works better because it helps "curb" an erection. The inside diameter of the tube should also be about the same as the diameter of your flaccid penis. This illustrates how you should be measuring:

a272 length measurements2.jpg

The challenge is that many of the Chinese devices don't always list an overall length or aren't very clear about how the measurement is taken. For the device pictured above, the tube length is listed at 60mm but you have to add about 25 mm for the distance between the back of the ring to where the tube actually starts. So you're really looking at a flaccid length of about 85mm.

If you look at a device like this one:

c1.jpg

The seller lists the tube length at 52mm but the distance between the back of the base ring and the tube is about 12mm giving an overall length of about 64mm. That's a 21mm difference despite the difference in tube length only being 8mm longer in the first example.

As you can see, cage sizing is a little more complicated than it appears at first glance. And we haven't even discussed "gap"...

11. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    Right, time to start shopping around for a cage with the suggested dimensions, thanks a lot for your help it's really appreciated. The picture listed above is the perfect design for me, but 10/15mm too long when you add in all the bits. Great tip that by the way!

As for prices, I've used DHgate once before and the charges were negligible. I'll probably head back to that site for a browse. They did however send me a dodgy parcel once, zero charges out of my account or anything like that but a box of party fan things was delived with a different name, same postcode (obvs) but a completely wrong address.. I wonder if there's a Mr A Ali ringing DHgate's customer service demanding to know why his 5 year old's party was ruined...? Amusing thought.

12. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    The top device I pictured is called an A272 (and it's actually searchable on DH Gate). It does come in a shorter tube, without looking 45mm, and called the A271. Compared to the second one pictured, the A271/272 has an extra horizontal bar and the vertical bars are closer together by a few millimeters, which ight help with poking through when flaccid.

The second device comes in a couple of lengths but they escape me at the moment. The tube diameter is slightly larger than the A271/272 by 3mm or so.

Woman can go to a store and get fitted for a bra because an amazing number of women wear the wrong size bra. I'm convinced that men need the same thing with chastity sizing. I just can't figure out how to monetize the concept.

13. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    Sorry, I did mean the second picture with the sliding lock and the open design. I'll have a look around!

14. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Thanks so much for everyone who contributed to this thread - some very helpful and useful information and I've taken note of it all.

I just have one question really: for discrete day to day wear with ordinary vanilla clothes, is there any specific device(s) that people would recommend?

I've tried a few devices in the past (both metal and plastic) but found sizing to be a problem, like many others. I am now looking at medium to long term lock ups, so was thinking that metal would be the more hygienic and more suitable, but am unsure where to purchase or what the most practical, discrete device(s) might be.

If anyone has any advice, tips or suggestions, I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks!

15. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Take a look at the A273-small on aliexpress.

EireKinkster likes this.
  16. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    @Adam444

upload_2019-1-8_17-44-59.png

Just trying to work out the actual sizing of this one, it says cage length of 40mm but as you've said this would just be the cage. Would I add my 20mm ish to the 40mm stated length to get roughly 60mm total length? It's still a little big at 60mm, ideally I'd like 5/10mm off that but it's really hard to search on these budget sites that aren't very clear! It does look like a small device though!

17. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    For the one you pictured add about 12mm for the ring and lock or an overall length of about 52mm.

18. H3RS

H3RS Member

England
    Local Time:
    Sounds perfect?
    @Rectrix?

19. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Thanks so much for your response! Is this the one that you were referring to?

Attached Files:

20. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Yes.

EireKinkster likes this.
  21. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Thank you. I've just placed an order, so fingers crossed that everything works out... ;)

22. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    H3RS and EireKinkster like this.
  23. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    Yes, I also like the design of that back ring - had one cage with a similar one in the past and it was very comfortable compared to some I had tried. If things work out with the cage I have ordered (in terms of fit, size etc.), I will probably order the one above and replace it.

Where I have struggled in the past is that, without being graphic, I am quite long and width is a problem with a lot of the cages I have tried. So, I have no idea how a tiny one like this will work out, but I am always willing to give anything a try in an attempt to find the right device!

24. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Width on this is 35mm, which provides quite enough room for me. Width on the A273 also discussed on this thread is 32mm, which makes for a very snug fit.

EireKinkster likes this.
  25. EireKinkster

EireKinkster Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I think even at 35 it will be a struggle, but, like I say, I'm willing to try anything to find the ideal device for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice