Buying Steelworxx Looker 01

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by Cienna, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    12:56 PM
    Hi all,

After quite a bit of humming and hawing, I've finally decided to buy a "proper" chastity device. I've got both a CB6K and a silicone CB6KS-type devices, but both are - without meaning to offend anyone - toys compared to what I actually want.

After reviewing some threads on this forum I'm pretty much settled on the Steelworxx Looker 01 as the device for me, but I'm looking (heh heh) for some advice on sizing and and which options I should go for. Apologies if this is a bit of a deja vu thread for some, but I've had a search of the fora, and many of the threads that discuss this come to no conclusion (appropriate for a chastity site, I suppose...) of whether the device turned out to be the ideal fit or not.

Here's my reasons for choosing the Looker 01:
    1. Security: I'm going to go for the fixed urethral plug version, and that in combination with the steel construction should make it as inescapable as a trapped-ball device can get (without going down the piercing route, anyway)
    2. Hygiene: The relatively open design will allow better cleaning than a CB6K or HT-style device thus allowing longer periods of being locked. I was initially taken with the Looker 02 as I thought it was the better device for the uncircumcised (and it's got a cute R2D2 look to it too!), but have been told by a wearer that this is not necessarily the case.
    3. Teasing: The open design should also allow some small manipulation of the contents to aid my frustration.
    4. Integrated lock: Gives a more discreet profile and no banging of a padlock.
    Could anyone let me know if I'm wrong about any of the above?

The questions I still have about the Looker 01 are:
    1. Anatomical or normal ring: I'm wanting the device to be quite low-profile, so it doesn't present too much of a bulge in panties, etc (I'm aware that this sort of device will never give as smooth a line as a proper TV belt, for example). The anatomical ring would appear to be the most comfortable, but does the shape of it also push the cage outwards a bit? I might be misunderstanding how the anatomical rind fits to the body. Also, having smallish testicles that sometimes like to "run away and hide", would the anatomical ring make them more likely to slip out: i.e. should I adjust the cage to ring spacing downwards a bit?
    2. Cage length: The Steelworxx site makes mention of adding a little to the cage length if desired, over the flaccid measurement. Why would I want to do that? I like the idea of being squeezed into the smallest cage possible, but not if it limits the amount of time I can wear it for.
    3. Transferring sizes from other devices: I've got a rough idea of what works for me from the CBx devices I have. Will I get the right sizing for a Looker 01 if I use these as a guide, or are the devices too different?
    4. On the whole, is it better to size-up or size-down? If I fall between two ring sizes, which should I go for? If I measure my flaccid length or width and it varies a bit from day to day, should I got for the smallest size measured or an average?
    I'd appreciate all and any input from all wearers/Owners of these types of device before I put in my order.

Thanks,
    Cienna.

2. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Hi @Cienna
    In response to your points in favour:

1 - personal preference I would say. The removable insert can not be removed while the Looker is locked in place. It screws into the cage from the inside. The external nut is to lock and stabilise it. Personal choice really, mine is removable and I am pleased with that from a cleaning perspective. the insert can develop some deposits, I found, near the end inside the cage. If it was fixed I would need to use a small brush to get through the bars to clean it - my fingers won't fit ;) Others may see it different.
    2 - agreed
    3 - indeed - and as @SubVerity mentions in another thread, put a Magic Wand on it and WOW!
    4 - Spot on - a huge advantage, and no clanking padlocks. Really feels just part of me - bolted on :p

On the questions:

1 - I have the standard ring and that seems fine to me, so I can't comment further. I am sure others will have more thoughts on that
    2 - Interesting. When I was in discussion with Dietmar he was suggesting it 20% shorter than my flaccid member. We went for only 15% shorter but sometimes wish it was even shorter than -20% or I had two different length cage sections. ;)
    3 - I had a 50mm ring on CB6k and transferred that size to the Looker and it is fine - again others may say different.
    4 - That is a difficult one - I took measurements with a piece of string a few times until I thought I had a "standard" size for everything. I suppose the point is that it is meant to be a "perfect" fit causing no discomfort so I wouldn't go too small on the glans size - length is a personal choice. One of teh advantages of the insert is that it holds you absolutely steady and some see an attraction in the member being held in space - not touching anything while flaccid. So no penis sensation at all ;) Again others may have views on this :)

Carrie

Cienna likes this.
  3. Zapper

Zapper Active member

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    I have the Steel Heart 1. I LOVE it.

I have the anatomical ring. I wanted comfort. I cannot compare to the regular ring because I had Dietmar exclude it from my purchase. He gave me a bit of a price adjustment to not include that because I opted for the anatomical addition. I think I have average sized testicles; I've nothing to compare with so I just assume. Mine also like to run and hide sometimes.

As for measurements. I have a PA and ordered the PA fixing to go with my device. Dietmar recommended adding 10mm to the length of the device to accommodate the PA ring and the adding of the fixing. I considered that carefully and made a few pieces of paper to the various lengths I guessed I wanted. I was in the HTv2 and liked the size. I found it to be just about 90mm by using Dietmar's measurement criteria. I am a bit smaller than the HTv2 and almost ordered a second one in the short version. I am glad I did not waste my money and went right to a steel device. I bought a 15$ digital caliper from Harbor Freight and measured myself many times in different temperatures. Hot, cold etc... and compared that with the pieces of paper I cut to sizes. I found that a good measurement for me from the base of my dick to the tip of my dick, including my PA ring to be 86mm. So THAT is what I ordered. I figured that the 99mm Dietmar recommended was WAY too long and I was correct. I kept mine at flacid legnth. I have a tiny bit of room when it is cold out or I am cold and no room when it is warm. When I get an erection, it pulls at my nuts like any ball trap device would do. It is not unbearable but it does wake me, sometimes.

Also, back to the anatomical ring. I used the HTv2 as the comparison. My testicles kept slipping out of the HT it was annoying. I used the trusty and cheap digital caliper to determine that, with the play of the lock, the HT ring varied between 10mm and 15mm in a gap on the underside. Well it fit great except when I exerted much physical activity such as running or performing tasks around the house or going to the gym, my nuts would slip out. So I asked Dietmar to rather than go with his default of 15mm underside gap to change mine to a 10mm underside gap. I couldn't be happier.

For the size of the ring: I forget what size ring I had on the HT. I measured 45mm, I think. On my CB6000 I used the number 3 ring that if memory serves me right, google it for yourself if you'd like, it is like 1 and 3/4 inch. I took those things into consideration and the many helpful sizing tips on Denying Thumper blog http://denyingthumper.com/chastity-devices/ to land on wanting a 42mm ring. Thumper mentions that over time the body adjusts to the device and the body just changes so I also ordered a 40mm ring.

I have been in my device since March. It has been removed regularly for whatever reason. Currently I am on day 19 of continuous lockup and have no issues. I will have to ask for removal of the device for a good cleaning and inspection at some point soon. I love the device so much that I considered buying a second one, just in case. I have no regrets of my sizing options or anything.

I am still in the 42mm ring. Not sure I will ever need the 40mm but if you are unsure of size for rings I recommend just buying 2. Consider the wait time and shipping costs back and forth to justify the purchase of an extra ring. If your ring does not fit you have to ship the whole device back to him so he can make you a new one. The wait becomes longer for shipping and making of another ring and the cost of the shipping itself will add up.

So, Take your time measuring. Measure in warm weather, cold weather, before a shower, after a shower. Before physical activity and after because the device will NOT change. It has no feelings. Write down all the different measurements and compare for a good average. Buy a cheap caliper to take really good measurements.

I like the looker devices but I wanted the mindfuck of not being able to even see my dick. It drives me crazy. I also feel that if I could poke or reach into the device at all, I might find a way to defeat its security and get myself off. If I did that, my headspace of denial would be gone and the cost of the device would seem a waste of money. I have tried to get off in my steelheart and have failed. The best I have ever done was tease myself. I fear that the looker device would allow me to slip a qtip or something to the underside of my gland and manipulate an orgasm.

Good luck in your purchase. They are worth the money but shop carefully to avoid buyer remorse.

4. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi both,

Thanks very much for the info - some interesting points there including some stuff I hadn't considered.

I've just checked the Steelworxx site again and under the FAQ section it does say "You can add a few millimetres extra for some free space." I'm interested that Dietmar would suggest going smaller than the flaccid length for the cage in your case Maid Carrie, as my preference would probably be for something that only just fits length-wise so that any sort of erection is supressed.

I did have some success with some combination of CBx devices (think I was using the ring from the plastic version with the short cage from the silicone one) and although it wasn't very secure, and the cage was a little narrow it was fairly comfortable over a number of days, and a nice, snug "contained" feeling - until it broke... :(

I should revisit what size ring/spacer I was using to get an idea of where to start and check that against other measurements. I appreciate the note about maybe ordering two rings from the off to allow for some adjustment.

I'm obviously going to drop Dietmar a note, but was interested in finding out from his customers: everybody's different, and it seems that this may throw out his judgement from time to time as it did with you Zapper.

Thanks again,
    Cienna

5. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    1:56 PM
    Hi Cienna,
    Just to add a comment as a Looker 02 wearer. The fit is excellent and much like Carrie says, it sort of becomes a part of you (even with the plug!). I see you are looking at Looker 01 rather than 02. I can't compare the 2 but I do know a guy who went from 01 to 02 and said it simply felt more comfortable, So just a thought on the 02 rather than 01 before committing maybe? Good luck and enjoy!

6. chastitylove

chastitylove New member

Local Time:
    Hi Cienna,
    • The cap at the end relieves the pressure on the head when you do get hard. I would opt for the Looker02 (I have one).
    • The anatomical ring is almost a necessity. It's exactly that what brings the wearer comfort.
    • Get one with the plug removeable. If you do get an irritation (almost certain in the beginning, albeit it very light), you can temporarily remove it. Make sure that you disinfect that plug regularly.
    • Take your flacid length plus a few mm as Dietmar suggests, not the length that you may have when it's freezing, lol.
    • As to the circumference: don't make it too large, as you will be able to escape. Again, using Dietmar's guidelines is just perfect.
    And BTW, he delivers excellent work. My profile shows pictures of a 100% custom device we had made by him.

7. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi all,

Again, thanks for the replies.

Phew - a fair bit to think about then: as ever with this sort of thread, everyone has a different experience/opinion, so I'll need to sift through what applies to me...

Regarding the Looker 01 vs 02, the ultimate choice will be down to my Mistress, but I've heard arguments both ways. Same goes for having a removable urethral plug - the alternate argument goes that I'll either be using it with or without the plug in the long term, so pick that option and stick with it. I was also told that the removable plug can work loose and can be more uncomfortable due to the bump/washer on the inside where it meets the cage. As the fixed plug is welded in place, it doesn't need this extra strengthening.

@chastitylove I'm loving the look of your custom device - looks like it will allow all sorts of teasing! However, it does seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum to the Looker 02 with removable plug that you're suggesting: yours is a very open design, the 02 is relatively closed (particularly around the glans); yours has a fixed plug (indeed it wouldn't provide any chastity at all without one), but your 02 had a removable one.

Could you tell me why you decided to go in quite a different direction when designing your custom device? One of these CDs are quite an outlay, so I don't want to spend that sort of money on something that would just "break me in" to then have to spend similar again in a few months to get the one I actually needed, if you follow me...

Thanks,
    Cienna

8. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Quite a dilemma @Cienna - to be honest if you get the removable insert/plug and intend not using the on a regular basis, it takes away the main selling point of total security and no pulling out. On the rare occasion I have not had the insert present I have found that it feels a lot heavier and drags down. The insert helps to take some of the weight it seems.. Not that it is very heavy anyway.

As to the plug working loose. If the lock nut is not doing its' job then the insert can move sideways slightly but not very far. It certainly can not rotate. I did find that the round nut provided did have a propensity to work loose and drop off. A very costly replacement exercise if getting a nice shiny one from Dietmar, I found that a suitable hexagonal nut works to perfection and locks the insert very well. Stainless steel nuts of the appropriate size are easily found on the 'Net.

Good luck in your decision making :)

Cienna likes this.
  9. chastitylove

chastitylove New member

Local Time:
    Yup, pretty expensive. We didn't go another direction, but kept both. My wife wanted something more "teasable", so we designed that one. Initially, the one she wanted would have kept my clitty in an upright position (so parallel to my pubes, pointing towards my navel). After drawing something up, we decided it wouldn't be practical and even possibly dangerous. I would not have been able to pee (except when peeing on my belly, lol), and when I would bent over, it could possibly inflict injury on my thingy. It may be "useless", but I still hold dearly to it, ;-).

So we came up with this design. It took an order and 2 reshipments to Dietmar to finalize. But in the end, we're very happy with it. The open design allows maximum tease, but no erection.

@maid_carrie , we had the top nut delivered for free from Dietmar (except shipping. But I have to say, that's with teh same shipment that we ordered the second custom one.

10. Snufflepig

Snufflepig Junior Member

Local Time:
    I bought the Looker 02 recently. This is recommended for the uncircumcised, and I find it comfortable as well as secure. I have had no issues with the removable insert which is quite solid when screwed in. I used the diameter of my CB6000 ring as a guide and had the ergonomic A ring. Also I requested a shorter gap (10mm versus 12mm) between A ring and cockring, which helps to prevent any "ball slippage".

For length I would err on the shorter side rather than longer, since slight compression seems more comfortable, and "trouser lumps" are slightly less noticeable.

Any which way - enjoy......

11. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    I was just getting a couple of nuts sent - one replacement and a spare and it felt a little like a financial kick in them LOL :p

12. chastitylove

chastitylove New member

Local Time:
    Lol

13. chastitylove

chastitylove New member

Local Time:
    BTW and FYI: this is our custom device.
    The small ring underneath is to attach a leash.

[​IMG]

Cienna likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice