Bullshit button

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Wave22, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Wave22

Wave22 Member

Local Time:
    10:46 PM
    So a lot of members here, apparently, get some kind of satisfaction writing some untrue stuff on the forum pretending it is real and misleading the public.
    truth is, as much as i don't care that these people having fun, i do care that other people might get wrong ideas or order wrong products or even have unrealistic expectations, because people also come here to learn about chastity as well as about themself, so i consider this an issue.

My solution offer is a button next to the 'like' button with the exact same functionality, it counts 'votes', but instead of 'like' its 'bs'.
    simple and easy.
    I think this application will encourage people to post their false stories somewhere else, where there is no BS button to call them out with

if negative encouragement should be limited in the owners opinion, i suggest that the results of the BS voting would either be for older members, or verified members. though to my personal opinion this is less effective and more complicated than just having it public, it will be still better than nothing

2. buildup

buildup Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    8:46 PM

How would we know if what's written is actually BS?

njcuckold likes this.
  3. durango_o

Belguim
    Local Time:
    If I " I call bs" then it's a suspicion. MY bullshit-o meter is in the red.... Its not an exact science.

The bs-button sounds like a good concept.
    Is just internet points, so little harm.
    And it would be an indicator for the starters of what is reasonable.
    It would not be in the fiction section ofcourse.

It could be tested on a small scale.
    Could be anonymous.
    It could be a great deterrent to keep fiction where it belongs.
    And if something unbelievable happened, to point out the context of it not being the norm.

MouseTee and HisFreakySide like this.
  4. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    Make it a SOBS button, suspicion of bull shit button...make it a bit lighter...with a upside down head on a stick.

Even better if you use the sobs button it will cost you one of your likes total.

Stop people from using it too lightly.

Of course if proven correct then you could get a trophy point

Doubt Lucy would be bothered with such a concept it would be to hard to implement.

5. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    @Wave22 and others - Since this site started many years ago now, the way of working is just to move on if you see something you consider is dubious or beyond belief or your wildest dreams.

Calling people out often has the unfortunate result of causing arguments and perhaps non involved members leaving as they don't want a site full of arguments. Not to mention the person whose post has been doubted.

I know that I have related true things I have been party to in private chat and it's obvious that what I have experienced is beyond the wildest dreams, or only in their dreans and fantasies of the person I am chatting with - but I have been involved in them. And I am far from the most kink experienced person here.

So, tread very carefully when you think what is said is extremely doubtful or BS. Once said, can it be undone?

6. buildup

buildup Long term member

UK
    Local Time:

Good point. I've read factual stuff that if you did not know for sure it happened you would think it were an insane fantasy

7. Mrloched

Mrloched Long term member

West yorkshire
    Local Time:
    We could get lucy to send everybody pitch forks as well and little tiki torches.

Obsequious_Nova likes this.
  8. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    You can't get me to do anything, boy. :)

Its a bit rude of you to call other members bullshitters after you have only been here 2 weeks yourself. At least wait a month : )

9. Mrloched

Mrloched Long term member

West yorkshire
    Local Time:
    Sorry Mistress. :)

bondinchas and durango_o like this.
  10. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    12:46 PM
    This is pretty bad advice on a website largely catering to newbies to the world of chastity. If people post insane stories in their own threads or in their profile comments, then yes, roll your eyes and ignore them, but if they post fantasy or nonsensical bullshit in threads asking for or providing advice, then they need to be called out on it so that people don't get the wrong idea.

Hell, anyone coming to this site should ignore 95% of the things people say because group think has decided that certain things are or should be true even though they are hogwash. e.g. conflating selfishness and dominance, and saying that it should be all about what the woman wants rather than what is best for the couple.

HisFreakySide likes this.
  11. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #11 L-u-c-y, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    You don't get it, no male is going to pander to the "selfishness" of a woman, unless it's what he also wants. Do you really think anyone is ever forced into anything?

One of the main reasons for the existence of this site is "female led relationships". If people wanted equal relationships or male led relationships they would not be here.

It's about time you got that chip off your shoulder. You seem hung up on the fact that a lot of women are into this because they like being served and a lot of men are into this because they like serving.

No one is being coerced into doing what they don't want.

12. jvabox

jvabox jvabox

Local Time:
    1:46 PM
    Pretty strong suggestion for a new member .. this sight is full of good information for newbies thru understanding of emotions. We are all adults and should be able to sort thru people's fantasy world and enjoy the journey... Hobbits are not real earher

13. Wave22

Wave22 Member

Local Time:
    10:46 PM
    Rude? no... impatient :)

for the record i didnt call BS on any one, this is just an idea and im glad that some members got to like it.
    Two points i would like to add:
    Having a bs button might actually reduce the amount of useless arguments, as well as toxic replies, because there is no point to use a lot of words for a point you can make in a click, and it would let people who actually care something about the quality of content a way to express that without going for a personal/toxic reaction.
    of course, if some one really wants to pick a fight, he will.
    and if some one really wants to post some insane BS he will.
    But events from both side would be reduces due to this feature is my assumption.

Other thing is you don't completely shut people down with this, and there is no unambiguous determination coming along with this, just a small red light saying "X amount of people disapprove this".

And of course, there are actually some really insane stuff that actually happened, crazy life... personally if i would to share a real story and have everyone think this is too crazy to be real, i would be happy to live that kind of life every one think is so crazy that they can't grasp it.

But maybe you are right, maybe a BS button is somewhat aggressive, but what about a simple "Dislike" button next to the "Like" one? or even "Crazy" button which can be neutral in a sense? @L-u-c-y

14. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i dont think it very nice to say somebody is tell lies cos it migt be true and then they gonna be very very sad that nobody believes them. i think we shud be nice to folks.

15. HisFreakySide

HisFreakySide Long term member

Local Time:
    2:46 PM
    Guess I'll cast my vote in favor of a bs or dislike button so long as it's subtle. I take most things here with a grain of salt, but some people really seem to go out of their way to tell everyone how they're hitting all the clichés. This isn't unique to CM by any means... Reddit's chastity community can be just as bad, except they actually do have a "downvote" button. Tumblr was even worse.

The only real problem I have with bs posts is how closely they associate chastity with other fetishes that - in my opinion- are not related. When the forums are filled with nonsensical fantasies, it gives newcomers the impression that chastity can only be a 24/7 lifestyle. It then starts to reinforce that FLR's, bondage, feminization, humiliation, and cuckolding are natural and even necessary evolutions of chastity play. As a matter of fact, my wife and I have been called novices and vanilla because our marriage doesn't incorporate these things on a regular basis, even though chastity by itself has been a part of our lives for 12 years.

So yeah, like @Unlucky said, I'm not bothered by people pushing their fantasies as reality in their own profiles or the relevant sub-forums for those fetishes. After all, I'm sure everyone here - including me - is at least a little guilty of posting while under the influence of horny-brain. However, it can be a bit off-putting to have so much of it on the Chastity & Orgasm Denial board (which already needed to have a stickied thread about this exact thing). I don't think anyone specifically needs to be called out, banned, or publicly shamed, but I wouldn't mind a button that gives me a quick, subtle, and non-inflammatory way to say "cool story bro".

Wave22 likes this.
  16. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:46 PM
    I mod some Reddit groups, and the down vote button are used frequently, although not always correctly.

Sometimes people post things here that just don't "feel" right; it's endemic to the internet - there are entire blogs and forums with such stories.

My own approach, unless something is flat out wrong/dangerous, is to ignore them. Without feedback, most of those guys disappear.

17. mr_newbie

mr_newbie Long term member

Professional nerd
    Swansea, South Wales
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm pretty sure a bullshit button would inspire trolls looking for bullshits instead of likes like some badge of honour.
    Best to just ignore them and move on.

Tom Allen likes this.
  18. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    MS Lucy can check but I may be the longest active member. If not I’m one of them.

Being here almost since the site was created I’ve seen tons of stuff. Some true, some not, some I'm not sure. Hell someone I thought was female turned out to be a fake. so you just never know sometimes. Also being in IT and being on sites before the Internet (BBS and such) I have lots of experience ignoring things that will lead to flame wars (and of getting into them).

So I typically ignore things I’m not interested in. I think in the years I’ve been here, maybe once or twice have I called BS. And that was because it was so outlandish.

IMHO the best course of action is to take things with a grain of salt. Next, ignore what you don’t like. And if things really bother you so bad contact a mod.

I know all of that sounds crazy but I really is that easy.

Another thing one can do is to let the person know there is a fiction section. Now I don’t recommend this as calling folks out can and often does result in dramafests. A private message asking if the story is real and letting them know of the fiction section could be softer, but again it’s risky.

Jack In A Cage and tvalex like this.
  19. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    What wrong ideas are you worried about?

20. CagedJohn

CagedJohn Long term member

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    if you dont like whats on TV, change the channel

bondinchas and jvabox like this.
  21. Billy J

Billy J Long term member

East Coast, USA
    Local Time:
    I'm against a BS button.

How about just replying with fact to counter what one might consider BS. Seems like too many people are quick to yell BS or point finger and blame these days without backing up their point with fact. And I'm not talking about here in this forum, just my social media obsession in general.
    If you like what posted, like it. If you think it's not factual then start a discussion to counter the point.

CagedJohn and tomf_22033 like this.
  22. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    BS!!

Barburia and CagedJohn like this.
  23. CagedJohn

CagedJohn Long term member

Missouri, USA
    Local Time:
    I call BS on your BS call

Alceste likes this.
  24. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    My point is that on any site like this, there are sometimes members who feel that some semblance of "fact" or "truth" can be divined and even more that it is their place to right things which are "wrong". It happens all the time on fetlife, and there are often armies of them who go on the attack against people who go against their notion of right and wrong. In my mind, they are just bullies.

I think that the OP needs to grow a thicker skin and just use the "ignore" or "block" functionality depending on the site if necessary, or just move on to another discussion.

25. HisFreakySide

HisFreakySide Long term member

Local Time:
    Seems like many are adamantly against the idea of a dislike button. That's fine, I respect everybody's opinion even when different from my own. However, here's an honest question for the mob:

If we're not going to police ourselves when it comes to people pushing obvious fiction as reality, and if we're just going to simply ignore or tolerate or (in the case of some users) encourage this behavior...then at what point is it too much? Let's say if left unchecked, the vast majority of the active userbase and threads eventually become fantasy garbage, and newbies are, in essence, told that chastity is all about conforming to a lifestyle that few couples could realistically maintain in healthy manner. To me, that would look pretty bad on the chastity community as a whole.

Maybe that's just the slippery slope fallacy, but I'm still curious what you all think. At what point would we say enough is enough and start trying to discourage or filter the 'bs'?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice