Bring Back Ms. Amanda

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Beck, Jan 17, 2017.

?

Should Ms. Amanda, @Mascara^Snake, be allowed to return to chastity mansion?

1. YES

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    8:58 AM
    Ms. Amanda, aka @Mascara^Snake, was a well liked member for over nine years, many of which she served as a moderator. After she was released from that responsibility, she remained an authority of information and justice here amongst the ever expanding conversations on chastity and related issues.

Her profile and contributions earned 2652 likes, making her the 6th most like member in Chastity Mansion history. If she had not been blocked, that number would still be climbing today. Her advice, friendship, and ability to call bs when needed was an immeasurable contribution to this site. She helped many through tough times, and was regularly chatting with many of her followers and friends on and off topic as many of us here at this social media site do.

Not everyone gets along. Some, certainly did not know how to interact with such a personality. They may have taken offense to her truth telling. There are some who cannot handle a Female who is strong, however ironic and petty that is, particularly here in the 'Chastity Mansion'. Some people are litmus testers. They strengthen the system by showing its weakness. This site is a special kind of social media, where very inner thoughts and private matters can be discussed openly and without judgment. For some reason, judgment was usurped and passed down upon Ms. Amanda and others. If such a force of a member, particularly one who is Female, can be blocked with prejudice and exception, what is to say that anyone who dares to speak on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves, who dares to question authority, who cries their safe word in a wicked circumstance, won't suffer the same fate?

I ask you dear members, to look into your hearts and minds, and serve justice and the greater good on this issue in particular. Do not be silent and let bygones be bygones. Do not accept this prejudice for any member and allow such malice to be applied to those you care for, or yourself.

Please cast a vote.

Let democracy prevail.

2. Bal_ack

Bal_ack New member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
  3. Ganymede

Ganymede Long term member

Local Time:
    beck is right...

The place is simply a desert without her. For some of us she was the life and soul of this particular party.

I've got no reason to visit a site where men simply swap stories about their cocks or their 'devices', or what dress they like to wear.

Amanda was witty, sharp, provocative, maddening wilful, beautiful, wise, and just about all the things a key holding lady could be.

She gets my vote.

And she always will.

AlanThom and frankie teardrop like this.
  4. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Was not an easy thing for Admin. Added a lot, but also did a lot of damage, including (when a Mod) editing her(and other people's) posts totall distorting the threads. And posting wholly irrelevant and offensive videos and material on other threads (including mine I might add) and ruining them too. Also it seems a lot of sock-puppet accounts with same IP as hers. In the end it got totally out of hand and Admin (and others) simply had enough.

It is very rare indeed for anyone to be banned and is never done without very good cause. I suggest you take it up with Admin.

LadyS likes this.
  5. Ganymede

Local Time:
    Hmm... Maybe her ability to call a spade a spade worked against her, too.

She knew that certain members, even mods, posed as women in their profiles, but were really not. Distorting threads is reprehensible, but so is wilfully distorting gender on an 'adult' site.

An unhealthy and duplicitous regime, all in all.

For every 'sin' Amanda committed, and she could be an irritant as well as a brilliant contributor, she herself was often brutally sinned against in turn. Much of her activity was conducted in defence of herself when under unceasing attack.

But hey, let it go.

The site's just plain dull without her; who cares?

Guest 2914 and frankie teardrop like this.
  6. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    I come from the wrong side of the tracks, had a Pool Hall upbringing and I still don't know what a 'sock- puppet account' is.

Needless to say, I agree wholeheartedly with beck and Ganymede. When she snuck in for a couple of days last week and could chat it was like a breath of fresh air. I had two very long conversations with her. We exchange emails occasionally but it's never quite the same as being able to shoot the breeze in real time.

I think her biggest 'sin' was being smarter that all of us.

Ganymede likes this.
  7. Ganymede

Local Time:
    And I think her extraordinary beauty pissed a few people off, too. "Beware Jealousy, it is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."

And Frankie's right, what the hell IS a sock puppet?

frankie teardrop likes this.
  8. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    OK, I googled it ... in the context of websites a 'sock-puppet' seems to be somebody who creates a false identity for the purposes of deception. For instance a gathering of on-line nasty little sock puppets could congregate, band together and try to get the banning of a particular person overturned.

Well I confess, 'frankie teardrop' is not my real name! But even if I was using my real name (and Ms. Amanda knows what it is) my stance on the stupidity of her banishment would be exactly the same ... with or without support. I'm glad there is support by the way.

I presume there are no sock puppets calling for her continued banning? Everybody above board, no false identities, no deceptions of any kind? No fictitious names?

Ganymede likes this.
  9. LadyS

LadyS Lover of LOVE

Photographer
    Canada
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    I just want to say I personally don't think this site is a complete bore. I rather enjoy being here and all the people I have talked to.

10. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    LadyS, nobody wants to take that away from you. There are people here I'm very fond of too. It's just that, for some of us at least, Ms. Amanda added another dimension to the place ... and she was taken away. And she is missed. I certainly don't want to detract from the enjoyment your or anybody else gets from CM.

Ganymede likes this.
  11. Steve-0

Steve-0 Long term member

Healthcare
    Canada
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    I'm sure she could come back if she wanted?
    Lifetime ban for giving someone shit? I doubt it.

12. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    Fact is that 99% or more of what is written on this forum is opinion, especially pertaining to what is offensive and who takes offense. This site is mostly about advice, sharing of ideas and experience. You cannot take everything you find here as fact, or so personally as an intentional blow to your ego. People need to relax, and not be so reactionary. The histrionics going on here is pathetic at times. I mean, like, only two likes on my post, I am like literally crying.o_O

The authority of this site is just as opinionated as the rest of its content. Rubber rules make for a serious lack of trust. Bruised ego does not make a thread ruined, or a site compromised. This is a matter of opinion vs really, really thin skin, when it should be a matter of stfu if you don't like it. What is this, a children's summer camp? Not to mention the obvious conflict of interest between mods having privilege to know all, censor, ban and simultaneously post their own personal stuff. That makes for a uniquely unfair situation. Judge, jury, and executioner eh? And neighbor to all all the while. Ya Ok.

Sock-puppets accounts? If that is true, isn't that really the kind of 'need to know' information better kept on the business side of this site? How incredibly unprofessional is that to be sharing such privileged information, without even a shred of evidence to back such a claim? Are we users supposed to just take mods at their word, and kowtow every time they render their verdict? Bologna! It is not ethical to be slandering someone who cannot defend themselves. It is exactly THAT kind of nonsense that detracts from this site.

When discussing your sex life openly, you might take a moment to realize that in doing so, you open yourself up to others viewpoints which will not just perfectly align with yours. This is not a therapist session. No one is paid to be sensitive to your needs. Life is full of variation. That is what makes it wonderful. If you keep an open mind, even those who you feel are diametrically opposed to you could put some sunlight into your day. You just have to let it be.

13. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i already did a thingy asking for Mistress Amanda to be let come back but i has vote yes in here as well now.

AlanThom and frankie teardrop like this.
  14. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

retired academic/consultant
    UK
    Local Time:
    It reminds me of the case of a lady who went by the handle of Lady Lubyanka who contributed a lot to the lovehoney forum (and incidentally wrote an interesting blog about prostate milking which some here would probably enjoy reading - google should find it.)

Anyway, she did have a rare talent for 'crossing swords' with people and in the end left or was pushed from the LH forum. Unfortunate but such is life.

15. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    For the record - back in the"Good old days" of CM, back when Amanda was a mod and before Jens took ownership of the place, it was quite commonplace for many of the big-hitters here to have more than one account.
    These have been used by some to stir up unrest, to try and start fights, and to try and get people banned. It is generally seen as a 'not very good thing' and there are a few members still that I know keep a few accounts handy for various uses.
    I don't know of any or Amanda's but I would find it easy to believe there were some.

Personally I'd like to see Amanda posting again, but I some will think I shouldn't have opinions so I won't say it too loudly.

In regard to @beck's questioning of how a mod is supposed to behave, I have to ask of him, how does he think mod members here should exist?

We're only here because it's a fun place after all, if we were not to have our own opinions then we'd need paying. I don't get paid, I'm still a member, and yes, I have my own opinions. Yes we have some extra responsibilities to maintaining good behaviour here, but that just means we make ourselves unpopular once in a while. For the most part though a mod's powers are used to make people happy, and a lot of that does indeed take place in the background.

Wendygirl and AlanThom like this.
  16. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    @SubVerity
    Dear Sir,
    Hopefully it is clear my opinion is mine and mine alone. If by my writing you find an inner conflict, it is up to you to remedy it.
    Your point regarding no pay for what you do is valid. However, I would argue that whatever mods do, should remain out of sight and never become part of a vilification of a user, banned or otherwise. With power comes responsibility.

Ganymede likes this.
  17. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    I agree with you about the responsibility, but not about being fully in the background.

Your writing causes me no conflict, but instead interest. You obviously have opinions and it may be worth hearing them. Alternatively, considering that you probably know little about the actual role and task of moderating here your opinions may not be worth much, but I'm happy to hear them.

One of the roles of a mod, is to be an official communicator on behalf of the site - and as such they are very much in the forefront rather than the background. If that should involve setting the record straight regarding a member then that is just as valid, but I agree with you that it should not be used to denigrate, just to set facts straight.

18. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I like her. I didn't like everything she said, and she once actually pissed me off. We still chat occasionally and like that she is a straight shooter.

Once got in an argument about small cages. I said they just don't work for me, I always get some sort of sore or irritation. She said I was wrong...excuse me, which one of us has a penis lol?

She expressed her opinion, not every one agreed on how she did it. I'm a big boy, and if she really was getting to me I would ignore her. I believe the politically correctness has gone too far. Do not offend even on accident, award for participating... but I do believe in ownership. If the owner of this site wants her back, she will be, and that decision should be respected as well.

19. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    I would have thought that any evidence of sock puppets ought to be made public for everybody's benefit. I'm uncertain as to whether hard evidence exists or whether it's a high level of suspicion. Making it public would surely be an effective way of stopping the practise. I thought at first I was being accused of being a sock puppet because I was attempting to get Ms. Amanda's banning over-turned.

Now that I can't get the image of sock puppets out of my head, they remind me of the vicious evil little Duran Duran robots in 'Barbarella'. Needless to say I've modelled my life on them. Sock puppets rule! Whatever gets the job done!

Ganymede, SubVerity and Beck like this.
  20. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Funnily enough Barbarella came to mind the other day. We were playing a "Describe a film badly" game that turned into more or less a cryptic crossword clue of a film badly game, on Facebook. I gave them "Woman in see-through mac offers governments considerable recompense". Love that film.

frankie teardrop likes this.
  21. Ganymede

Local Time:
    I see my point about certain moderators posing as biologically 'female' when they are not has gone entirely unchallenged...

Just a low background-hum of silent duplicity on the matter. Such things seriously undermine the new-era which the site owner seems intent on establishing. That's just the sort of thing Amanda challenged, in front of and behind the Wizard of Oz's curtain, where all this unpaid objective and 'benign' moderating goes on.

Nobody really cares if you're a transvestite or transexual or whatever, just don't lead the rest of us astray about it.

And as for the 'outing' and banning of all sock puppets - including those who, according to Verity, create spare accounts expressly in order to start flame wars and to bully others (really?) - that must surely be right?

Why is there any question over it?

Guest 2914 and frankie teardrop like this.
  22. Ganymede

Local Time:
    And currently almost 68% of those who voted would like to see her back again.

23. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Sorry, do you mean me? It's up to individuals how they choose to represent themselves here, and is no-one else's business.

I am unequivocally male, but I'm happy using a Maiden name as is quite common in queer culture - something I feel a part of - and thus also using a female alter-ego as an avatar. That is my choice.

I know Amanda had a campaign against me for doing so, but that was Amanda. Always kicking back against something. Anything.
    Joro was also in her sights over this issue - god knows why.

Beck and AlanThom like this.
  24. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    By the way, I am not a key pendant and lock... I know that's what my avatar indicates, but I assure you I am a person. Lol!

AlanThom, Steve-0, richard and 2 others like this.
  25. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    haha - indeed!

I don't think members are fooled for a minute though. We all know you are, just like we know the guy who's avatar is a bridge is in fact a bridge.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice