Bralettes

Discussion in 'Crossdressing in all its variations' started by Lockedinlove87, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Lockedinlove87

Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    so measured according to Victoria's Secret and they say I'd be a 48B. Does that make any sense? Where do you get yours from

2. LadyMoon

LadyMoon Well-Known Member

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    48B could definitely be your bra size, if you have a large torso but smaller breasts.

So, what I'd call a "bralette" is a stretchy comfort bra with no wires or hooks, almost like a sports bra, but nicer and usually more lacey. Is that what you're looking for? Because often those don't have band/cup sizes, but will just be sold in sizes S, M, L, and so on.

If you're looking for a regular bra, a 48 band will typically put you in the plus-size or specialty shop categories, so you may try Lane Bryant, Torrid, or an local/online shop that caters to plus-size lingerie.

If you are looking for a "bralette" (the soft, stretchy kind), they are actually pretty popular right now. You can easily find a plus-size one on the Internet, or I've seen inexpensive plus-size ones at Charlotte Russe and Forever 21.

Breathe likes this.
  3. Khrissi

Khrissi Member

Winnipeg Canada
    Local Time:
    I avoid most bralettes unless they have some form of cup,as having very small boobs anything that compresses them is to be avoided

4. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Well-Known Member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    As I'm sure you have learned, Victoria's Secret doesn't carry anythang as large as a 48 band size. In fact, even Lane Bryant, which caters to plus size women, carries 48 band size, but most of them have a C cup or larger. The selection of large band size with B cups is pretty limited everywhere! That was a primary factor in my selection of silicone forms to fill a C cup bra nicely. Maybe you could consider the same.

I, too, don't care much for bralettes. To hold my silicone breastforms in place, I need the underwires to provide structure, especially when actively moving around or lying down. Underwire bras come in formed cup as well as unlined styles. (which I prefer to enjoy the weight & bounce provided by the forms - it feels so feminine)

The ladies at LB have taught me how different style bras are needed under various tops/dresses as the shape, projection, and plunge provided by the bra simply go better with certain styles of dress. ENjoy your bras!

5. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    West Midlands. UK.
    Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    i like bralettes, they nice and comfy.

bethanise and Breathe like this.
  6. Khrissi

Khrissi Member

Winnipeg Canada
    Local Time:
    Yes,they can be a comfy .cheap option,but a properly fitting bra can be just as comfy. When you comdider that maybe 60% of women wear ill fitting bras ,simply because they never had a proper fitting,or because they were a 36C at 18 and now are 32.
    Just measuring under bust and then overbust is not true incication of size,as many variables change them.

7. Breathe

Breathe Wife, Owner, Dom/me, and KH of _and_smile

United States
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    If you're looking for bralettes, clothing stores like Maurice's have rotating styles and colors based on the season - and many of the exact same styles are offered in plus sizes. You can find some awesome stuff on clearance because of this, simply because they produce so many! I've found many bralettes from that store, and I've worn the hell out of them.

Taking good care of the fabric will help extend the life of your garments, no matter the context really, but particularly so with stretchy lace items - they can easily get warped or frayed if you don't.

Love Torrid. They have some really cute stuff in plus-sizes, which can be hard to find when so many 'supportive' bras are clunky and limited to generic patterns and styles. They have adorable nighties, too. :)

Proper fit is certainly key. Also, I wish My band size number had worked in that direction as I've gotten older... lol. Not the case! :rolleyes:

8. LadyMoon

LadyMoon Well-Known Member

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    Ha, I'd had the exact same thought!

Breathe likes this.
  9. locked4now2

locked4now2 Member

Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    I think Khrissi meant that they was 36C bra size when they were 18 years old, but now they are 32 years old and still buying the 36C which is unlikely to be the proper size... Am I reading this wrong?

10. Khrissi

Khrissi Member

Winnipeg Canada
    Local Time:
    Yes,,that was my meaning,many things can change over time or events such as childbirth,weight gain/loss,or simply ageing.

11. LockedInOH

LockedInOH New Member

Ohio
    Local Time:
    I’m a fan of MeUndies for bralettes.

12. Sissy Meg

Sissy Meg New Member

Local Time:
    I go with bralettes when I can, even though they do flatten me a little, mostly because at 42/A and 44 (depending on brand) the bras are just Sooooo boring and not cute/fun. It's as if the industry thinks anyone plus size only wants black, white, beige and boring. No chance for playful or sexy.

Bralettes on the other hand are easy to find in fun/cute/sexy at almost any size.

LockedInOH likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice