Belt Liner

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by rbrboyftlauderdale, Aug 6, 2022.

1. rbrboyftlauderdale

rbrboyftlauderdale Senior Member

USA
    Local Time:
    9:13 AM
    Hello

I have a BB belt and wear it daily for the most part. The belt is 90% comfortable and most of the time I forget it is on me. At times I get hot spots on the waist band. I was wondering if a liner would take care of that so I can wear the belt for extended periods of time.

Anyone know where I can get a liner for my belt?

Any help would be great. Thanks

2. SergioUK

SergioUK Long term member

London, UK
    Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    The BB belt looks to be wider than the typical belt, and the rubber liner that most come with is, I think, some standard auto-industry product that's only available in one size. It looks like the belt is the same width all along and the ends are free when unlocked, so you could try putting heat-shrink sleeving over it, possibly two or three layers.

One thing I found with a full belt is that it's essential to keep the inside and edges of the waistband absolutely clean as the slightest bit of dirt or grease will quickly cause a patch of irritation and inflammation. When I shower in a belt I run a flannel around between the belt and my skin and then the same for the chains. Then I'd dry under there with a clean towel followed by playing the hairdryer over it to ensure everything is completely dry.

3. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    I had a My Steel belt with silicone liners and that just caused more trouble for me due to "sticking". I find the bare metal (also have a BB) to be better -can also work in a little vaseline in spots if it is rubbing or sticking. Also agree with Sergio, need to keep it clean else oil/dead skin can build up and be a point of further irritation.

4. Kayak

Kayak Member

Consultant
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    3:13 PM
    What works for me with my BB belt is to tug the bottom end of the t-shirt / under shirt I wear, inside of the belt.

Itsnow likes this.
  5. rbrboyftlauderdale

rbrboyftlauderdale Senior Member

USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info. There is really one area on the waste band that bothers me, and that is sorta keeping me from wearing the belt 24/7. Well that and I have yet to wear it to work.

I really thought that I could get a liner for it or something.

6. OwedbyJM

OwedbyJM Long term member

Local Time:
    I too like metal to skin better than a liner. Where on your waist is the issue. I find wearing the belt as tight as possible helps

Itsnow likes this.
  7. Knight Motivation

Scotland
    Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    I've tried Silipos dots over the problem areas. The issue is they are not fixed and fall out fairly easy. Otherwise, wearing an additional t-shirt and pulling it through helps. A liner would be good but so far I haven't found anything ideal. Silipos is the winner so far. https://silipos.com/

8. ldsnet

ldsnet Active member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    I found a little bit of Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort body powder dries up the damp skin and makes those sticky days a bit more comfortable.

I also find my power coated belt to be a bit less prone to sticking than the bare stainless (may be surface texture, or just the way the edge feels, not sure why)

9. Unremarkable Jamie

Unremarkable Jamie Active member

Local Time:
    I'm working up to wearing my belt 24/7 without the penis tube (2 inches is too short for me), and before I order a flat-front cage and 3 inch tube. My experience sounds similar to yours: 90% very comfortable, 10% ouch. I've got some piece of Neoprene that I'm hoping I can stick in the problem spots, and remove for cleaning etc. I'll let you know how that works.

10. ldsnet

ldsnet Active member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    These days, when I notice a hot spot or pinch, most of the time, I find the waist band of my under shorts has worked its way between my skin and the belt....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice