Behind Barz in hand luggage?

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by Ryan27, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Ryan27

Ryan27 Member

Illustrator
    Yorkshire
    Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    Hey everyone,

I'm going back to the UK in a few weeks and I want to take my BBCB in my hand luggage (obviously I'm not going to be wearing it at the airport as it will most certainly set off the metal detectors) And was wondering if anyone has travelled with a full belt in their hand luggage and has not raised any suspicions from airport security?

If I was travelling on my own I really wouldn't mind so much but I'll be going back with my dad so it would be extremely awkward for the airport security in Poland to be rifling through my backpack and taking it out:confused:.

Any advice or experiences similar would be appreciated!! :pray:

Ryan.

2. cordsagger

cordsagger New member

NJ, USA
    Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    Is there any specific reason it has to go in your carryon? I've only traveled with it in my checked luggage, which was not a problem at all. I would say that's probably the safest way to go.

3. slavefox

slavefox Active member

Manager at Tech Company
    Las Vegas, USA
    Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    The only time I traveled internationally with it, I posted it. That was very easy - figured if they needed to reassure themselves of the legality of the contents, they could do it without me present.

Besides that, hold luggage gets a bit less scrutiny than hand luggage and again, if anyone needs to check it, they’ll most likely do it without you present.

But if you travel with it, there is always a chance you’ll be searched and you’ll have to answer for it so you should be prepared for that.

BB actually told me about a guy who travelled to their workshop wearing it. Obviously it set off the metal detector / mmWave and they searched him. He told them everything and the officers didn’t want to know and waved him straight through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice