BDSM, Psychology & Therapy

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Pneuma, Apr 14, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Pneuma

Pneuma New member

TX
    Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    #1 Pneuma, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    This short life story of mine was inspired by a curious question leading to a series of questions regarding therapy as a fetish.
    I don't blog as often as I'd like anymore. This one was struck very sudden and powerful and it lined up perfectly with re-re-re...joining CM.
    I hope it finds you well and maybe to be of help to people who need to hear these words.

I understand that the professional therapy should not be replaced by BDSM, and I strongly encourage anyone who is having mental struggles to seek professional help.

If there are any dear therapists reading this, I have a long question for you:

How does your knowledge and tools help you in your kinky lifestyle and/or if you even use that part of your training in say a D/s dynamic and such. Is there an ethical issue? Have you ever mixed a scene with some therapy?
    Thank you.
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The lifestyle journey for me was very mental, as I'm sure it is for many, if not all.

Looking back and understanding how I used the lifestyle instead of therapy from time to time is like," I don't know how I didn't get even more screwed up!"
    I was younger and uncooked. I did not know why I was acting the way I was acting, and maybe neither did I care to know.

Furthermore, I felt. I felt and I lived.

Windows to BDSM were already uncovered for me from a very young age, and getting to know myself in the lifestyle was HUGE! The psychology of the lifestyle, and getting to learn, was very hot and addicting. It was like getting to know myself outside of real life in Kinknarnia!

I had many questions, not just about the lifestyle, about me and life itself.

There is nothing quite like the game changer moment when you realize something about yourself that gets your heart going, raises your own eyebrow and make you feel like your brain just got bigger as new neurons were created, rearranged and replaced while turning you on at the same time!
    When you find a new way of looking at things and events.
    When the right question, sends you down the rabbit hole, and you finally break out of that old prison and start your journey to discover the new.

Meanwhile, In order to not deal with issues, I ignored some of the traumas of life that happened to me and just focused on getting to know this "other life" as If I cut myself in half from the waist down and threw my upper body in a marathon match.
    With lack of structure and self-discipline, there were no walls to keep me in. In fact, I ran away from walls until I was spread out thin without a form.

Easy target!

I knew just what I craved and what I needed. I was impatient about collecting up every little piece of me and concentrating them into a team with goals, and beyond that I was still curious as to how far my pieces could travel!

Somewhere down the road, the lifestyle became my main source of understanding myself, which wasn't the best thing with my shaky foundation.

I needed to learn to ask the right questions, and I was angry at why I couldn't figure them out through the lifestyle.
    I wanted to take short cut to the answers in order to form myself. I was looking for
    Someone who had all the answers and all the power who could help me out of the black hole of chaos I was in.
    That someone ended up being no one other than myself.

After I faced my mental struggles and acquired some tools, things became much clearer and easy. It truly freed me from the old balls and chains slowing me down. I did really enjoy "peeling the onion" which was unexpected, and it empowered me which was also strange tingly feelings in certain places! >>

Anyway... Have a fantastic day/night and Thank you for reading

Goddess Jade and knightly like this.
  2. Jay Sub

Jay Sub Married with Cage

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    Check out a podcast called Heart and Soul. Consolidation of a lot of the things I've been working through. Mistress Alisa is amazing, and knows...

Pneuma likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice