BDSM Correlated With Better Mental Health, Says Study

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by reckonwith69, Oct 30, 2013.

1. reckonwith69

reckonwith69 New member

Local Time:
    10:18 AM
  2. Ganymede

Ganymede Long term member

Local Time:
    3:18 PM
    Thanks for this, interesting post.

I think the claim that people with 'unusual' needs or tastes have had to work hard to acclimatise such needs and themselves within a 'normal' sexual spectrum does indeed mean that they become more sensitive and more tolerant toward others in general.

I also think that most decent adult relationships have an inbuilt power exchange somewhere at their heart... Bdsm roles are merely the developed and refined expressions of such eternal themes as the Bossy female, or the wise girl who 'cruelly' strings her lover along with the held out promise of her mercies and rewards.

Personally, I've found that the openness and frankness with which Bdsm exchanges have to be negotiated in real life leads to genuine heart to heart sharing and deep encounters of loving trust which can penetrate to depths that purely vanilla loving cannot easily reach.

G.

3. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    Personally, I've found that the openness and frankness..
    genuine heart to heart sharing and deep encounters of loving trust...

Just a cut and paste of things that made me smile

4. Ganymede

Ganymede Long term member

Local Time:
    Here's the paragraph I thought was most relevant;

"Andreas Wismeijer, a psychologist at Nyenrode Business University in the Netherlands and the lead author on the study, told LiveScience that people involved in the BDSM community may have scored better on these surveys because they tend to be more aware of and communicative about their sexual desires, or because they have done some "hard psychological work" to accept and live with sexual needs that are beyond the scope of what is often considered socially acceptable to discuss in the mainstream."

G.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice