BAW Tetherspout Problems

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by CO-hubsub, May 8, 2024.

1. CO-hubsub

CO-hubsub New member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    I ordered the smallest spout and used the smallest retainer. I also purchased the set screw lock.

I was able to insert and secure the lock fine. However, I experienced a lot of discomfort and irritation. It seems like it’s from multiple things:

*lock / spout projecting from end of cage and getting pushed around
    *tip of penis getting pinched between spout and cage?
    *general irritation from spout. If I remove the lock and just push the spout around, I get a lot of discomfort

Initially, I wore the locked spout for 3 days and then asked mistress to release me, which she gladly did. I removed the spout fairly easily but I had some minor bleeding.

After a two week break, I gave it another go this week. I had the same irritation and asked mistress to let me out that same night. Again, minor bleeding. I struggled a bit more this second time to get it out and it was more painful. I came close to passing out and I had to lay down for 5 minutes before I was able to try again successfully.

Any suggestions? Is it worth trying again? Should I wear the spout without the lock to get accustomed? I read a lot about this product on this site and I’m really surprised I had such a hard time.

My mistress is not a big fan of the spout. She is a big fan of security—I have a lot of pull-out infractions. She told me to start researching around for a PA. Any suggestions for a piercer in the Denver area would be greatly appreciated.

JaySaysYes and Peter Rabbit like this.
  2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    9:28 PM
    JaySaysYes likes this.
  3. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    Heal completely before you do anything else.

I found the small retainers far less comfortable than the larger ones - I suspect the smaller surface area leads to more pressure on a smaller area internally causing injury & discomfort.

I swapped to a the larger retainer and find it far less uncomfortable to wear. It does take a bit of time & care to get the larger retainers in, take your time, use lube, use sounds & stretch slowly, listening to your body. It should never be painful and absolutely never bleed - both of those are red flags.

Ultimately a piercing may work better for you, everyone's anatomy is different.

Good luck.

4. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    Make sure you're not sensitive to stainless steel. I think BAW's tethers are titanium, but just double check. 10% of the population is allergic to stainless. So things in intimate places can really be a problem.

5. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    I am pierced for quite some time and do not have experience with the tetherspouts from BAW, but with tetherspouts in general. My advice in this:
    - let it heal completely. At best give it an aditional week or two once you think it is already healed to be on the save side.
    - using a different spoutsize and / or form might help. For me it was most comfortable to use two spouts at the same time ( a smaller and a somewhat larger one behind) - maybe that way the occasional force on it was distributed more evenly ?
    - more important though: as with most thing you / your body need/s time to adapt to the tetherspout. Therefor try to see how long you can wear the tetherspout without complications. Should you get complications after four days give it some time to heal up, wear the spout for three days, give it a1-2 day break, wear it for three days again and try to prolong the timeframe - this should work for most cases. Another important thing: During this timeframe do NOT use the tetherspout with the cage ! Your body will have enough to do to adapt to the spout itself without having the weight of the cage on it as well.
    - onc you start using the tetherspout with the cage again you will need to back to smaller timeframes again, but should be able to prolong them further as well given the time.

have patience ;)

6. CO-hubsub

CO-hubsub New member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I think the bigger retainer might be worth a try but I also think I may just have an incompatible cage for the circular set-screw lock portion. You may just need a cage tip that really holds the spout firmly in place?

As I said, I think I have a PA on the way but I wanted to post about this to help others that might be having trouble with the BAW tetherspout. I don't think you can get the original oval retainers anymore? So, I think the BAW is really one of the best options (at least that was my research). The BAW spouts and retainers are titanium and they appear to be machined very well. I was a little surprised at the play between the retainer and the spout (the annular gap)--it's certainly not tight and I somewhat wondered if that could cause skin pinching or scraping inside the urethra.

Anyway, I wrote the original post last night on my phone and I wanted to follow up with some links to the products that I'm taking about (spout package and cage):

BAW spout:
    * https://bawrpro.com/products/tetherspout-for-non-piercing-chastity?VariantsId=11556
    * I got the E1 (smallest) with the locking "security set screw" retaining ring. The security set screw and included driver bits are very impressive. Like I said, I was really hopeful this would work.

Cage:
    * https://www.ternence.net/products/t...ary-extreme-confinement-cage?VariantsId=10079
    * I've worn this cage pretty much 24x7 for the better part of a year. Some breaks for vacations. I've found it very comfortable and was going to base a custom titanium cage on it's measurements.
    * You can see how the spout lock can kind of slide around a bit with this type of cage and that may contribute a lot to irritation. It may actually be the biggest part of my problem but I really can't say for sure. If I had found the spout agreeable, my plan was to pay up for the BAW BA-28T but, other than the spout lock, the design isn't really all that different from the Ternence cage. I like the BAW security screw as a better option to the typical barrel lock on most of the generic cages.

Regarding the PA, I've read quite a bit about it and I guess I was under the impression that I should try to find a piercer who is familiar with doing them for a chastity device? Basically, backing the piercing down the shaft a tad bit more than normal? Am I overthinking it here? PeterRabbit: thanks for the great piercing bible article. That was an important read.

For me, my mistress is excited about the PA and kind of a little repulsed by the logistics and her perception of the potential harm of the tetherspout. If you are having to take the cage off for pool visits or other athletic activities, it just doesn't seem like a reasonable logistical approach to security.

Good luck to everyone trying the BAW tetherspout and I hope you post your experience: good or bad.

7. Clurk

Clurk New member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    I wouldn't give up so soon on the tetherspout. You will bleed a lot more from the piercing and it will take a long time to heal. Whatever injury you seem to have sustained from the tetherspout might be more related to the cage than the spout itself.

Maybe wait until you're fully healed and try again but without a cage at first? See if you can get used to it.

I think smaller retainers are better. If you can pull on it without it slipping out, the retainer is big enough and is serving its purpose. A bigger retainer just means more discomfort on erections.

8. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    9:28 PM
    I told my piercer I wanted to stretch to jumbo sizes (2ga 0ga 00ga) and he placed it further back to carry the extra weight. This was based on the advice in Elayne Angel’s book.

I did not mention chastity. It would have been fun if I did, but I was too shy to admit it.

Yes, the piercing would be placed further from the glans tip and urethral opening. You understand perfectly.

My wife was excited about marking me as hers. She enjoyed the extra sensation I developed, and how easy it was to tease me and make me leak and drool precum after the PA. She called me Mr Drippy.

She similarly wanted a no fuss, never dangerous security method that she could install without my help. The PA achieved that, and the design MCN introduced in 2017 made it so she didn’t need a third hand or me hovering over as she secured me. She doesn’t have my prioperception to guide when she’s pinching or hurting me.

So the tetherspout would not work for my wife.

The PA was a good experience both in and out of chastity for us.

Rimmer69 likes this.
  9. hopefulhubby

hopefulhubby Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    2:28 AM
    I'm using a Tetherspout clone with this cage and it works well. The hole gives support and the Tetherspout keeps me aligned as well as providing security.

[​IMG]

10. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    11:28 AM
    I would have to agree, use the largest retainer you can get in there. In fact I found with some smaller ones my body ejected them after a month or so...and it allowed me to go up a size in a retainer.

It took a while to get mine right for sure but my BAW with the largest retainer has been inside my dick for a year, I did remove it once to check and it was bright and shiny no need for cleaning. It stays in during sex. I asked if I could remove it for sex and the answer was no, I use a cap that restricts how much mess I can make so now I just don't bother to take it out ever.

I can not feel i, except when I forget about it and bend over too far and my penis draws back from the front of the cage and it pulls on it.

Once u get it right it has a lot of advantages over a PA, but it probably is not for everyone

hopefulhubby likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice