BAW-01

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by ChasteJase, Sep 13, 2022.

1. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    12:40 AM
    I would like to contribute to this community by providing a review of a Badass Workroom BA-01 Titanium with proprietary screw that I just received.

TIMING
    Order Date:
    July 29

Received (US, EST): September 12 (approximately 40 days from last email measurement change)

Communications: I had some back and forth to change some dimensions from my initial order (last change made Aug 2). Youming was very responsive and no issues with me making changes.

Dimensions ordered:

Chastity Cage Overall Length: 65mm

Penis Tube Inner Diameter: 34mm

Base Ring Inner Diameter: oval 37 x 39 mm (37 top to bottom; 39 side to side)

Other Sizes Details If Needed: 11mm horizontal gap; 14mm diagonal gap

I will follow up in a later post with a check of these numbers with calipers.

How I got the dimensions:

I had a steel Chinese mass produced cage that was about 68mm long, 35-36mm ID, 9mm gap, 40mm ring. I realized I could go a little smaller on most things but I also bent it to make the ring oval and the gap bigger. I used calipers to check the measurements of that cage to refine them. That cage was a pretty good fit already.

Ring size:

I want smaller than 40 mm based on a 1.5” ring I bought at the hardware store to see if I could fit in it. At first that seemed too small but I found I could get a finger under it so I decided to drop from 40mm to the oval 37-39.

Shipping: The cage came in a small box with no obvious markings. Inside was a yellow paper bag. Inside that was a gray cloth bag. Cage was put together in one Ziploc type bag. 2 wrenches and extra screw in a smaller bag.

First Impression: when I saw the cage I was super impressed. This is custom made jewelry quality. Highly polished, smooth, shiny. Again, I was super impressed. The cage and the ring fit together tightly with zero movement. Everything is precision built.

The way the ring is set up is that it has a hole in the middle to catch the screw and 2 prongs on each side to stabilize the cage. The precision is so precise that the cage stays together just between the prongs even without a screw. That’s hard to describe or imagine without seeing it, but my point is that it is impressive craftsmanship.

Ring: I didn’t like the ring on my cheap Chinese SS cage with the holes to catch prongs from the cage because it would always catch skin. The BAW has 2 prongs on the ring for stabilization and it seems unlikely to pinch skin with those. The downside might be if you want to wear the ring without the cage, those prongs might get in the way, but that’s a small issue.

Proprietary Screw:
    This was a surprise. The screw is small. Not glasses screw small but pretty small. However, the screw when tightened recesses perfectly in the hole so there can be no backing it out with fingers. It also looks very precision made. The screw head has 3 small holes. I had seen pictures of this on CM, but I wasn’t prepared for just how small they really are. The wrench has 3 prongs to catch those holes but they are so small, you can hardly see them on the end of the wrench. This scares me because I don’t think you are getting the screw out without that wrench and I can see the wrench or screw easily being damaged. I thought I could get a different screw, but I’m not sure I will find a screw with a screw head the right size to fit into the recess of the cage. I may be stuck with the proprietary screw. This would be fine for minimal removal but I am currently self-locking and am worried about long term wear and tear on the screw.

Fit: I just put it on for the first time while I started writing this. So far, it seems like a pretty perfect fit. I still have some skin behind the ring (I’d love it to all stay pulled through the gap) but I think that is an anatomy issue for me. The ring seems right with just one finger slipping underneath to the first knuckle. The length seems good too. My pee hold is not lining up perfectly with the hole at the end but I had asked for a slight curve in the cage and perhaps if I had not, it would be in a better position. But it’s only off slightly and I have not tried peeing in this yet.

Weight: this is definitely light. I will weigh this later and compare to my SS cage of similar size to get a better feel for the difference.

Conclusion: I will update this after longer wear but so far, I am impressed with everything. Now that I have this, I have no more excuses to delay in talking to the wife about all of this! If I manage to do that and she tells me to throw it away, I guess I will be selling it. Let’s hope that’s not what happens.

I will update with photos, actual dimensions and weight and longer wear impressions

lokdnsteel and Chaste Nole like this.
  2. ChasteJase

Local Time:
  3. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    The photos above show that the titanium cage weights 71g v 142g for the similarly sized stainless steel model. A 50% reduction in weight is significant.

4. LockedTower

LockedTower Long term member

Corporate Stooge
    Minnesota, USA
    Local Time:
    11:40 PM
    I have the same cage and am equally happy with my purchase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice