Base ring burn HEEEELP

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by BottleRocket, Oct 9, 2022.

1. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Does this come on in any circumstances?
    I've a recently acquired holy trainer and it's fine, until I sit down at my desk to work. I think I'm high and tight, and my suspicion is that my balls are being lifted, causing the ring to pull on them and cause burn. Can go a day or two at the weekend with little issue, but when I sit like that might only last a few hours before I've to take it off.

2. BottleRocket

BottleRocket Active member

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    With the 50mm ring yeah it’s more prone when I sit. The 45mm is pretty much within 30mins. Not sure if the lube helps or not, almost wondering if it just helps the ring move which adds to chaffing.

3. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    11:59 PM
    I find sitting is usually the worst case, other than a prolonged erection. Lubrication helps me, so at least some of the burn is from stretching skin across the ring. I have changed over to briefs, the support means the ring bears less of the weight, and is able to endure more of the inevitable strain (like from sitting).

Experiment with how you're oriented as well. Paradoxically, I've found lately that aiming the entire cage straight up makes it almost unnoticeable. This has been tested lately by two eight hour drives, and an unusual demand at work to remain seated most of the day.

4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    You could try a cheap silicone ball cuff from eBay or Amazon, to help stretch and lower your balls, it will take time, but it can help.

5. DLockeD

DLockeD Active member

Work
    Gulf Coast - US
    Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    Sounds like ball gap to me. very gently pry between the cage and the base ring with a large screw driver (with the device off, of course) to see if you can add a few MM to the gap and try again. There is a very narrow band between good comfort and ball slippage, so be careful not to pry too much. if you go to far you can use a bar clamp or vice to squeeze the unit back together. Also, take care if you have the little brass lock mechanism. as prying can bend the brass case and get it stuck in there, or pry open the lock cavity and allow too much jiggle of the cage when locked. adjusting a cage can be a tricky balancing act.

Try not to rely on lubrication to alleviate the problem, as its just a mask of the main issue. properly fitted base ring and cage should not need any lube except for maybe when installing it. Also make sure you are cleaning it very well daily. you don't have to unlock, just use a soft brush to get in and around the bars and remove all the built up junk that can chafe and cause skin infections.

If you already have a skin issue. give it a week or two to fully heal before you try again. letting it partly heal then aggravating it again just makes it hurt worse.

Keep at it, and eventually the ring settles in just like a ring on your fingers, and you barely notice it any more. Also the hair will stop growing right where it sits so you don't have to worry about shaving except for appearance reasons.

6. Henry Wang

Henry Wang Member

Local Time:
    I've tried the HT and the oval ring, the round ones, etc. As MM said earlier, lower sack burn is gap. Understanding the relationship of the size and length of the cage to the base ring and it's thickness is important.

https://kink3d.com/pages/size-guide-base-rings - This page is in mm and has an explanation of the gap and there's a link to the dimensions of the cage and the rings and the gap.

7. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    The gap that results in no burn also results in the right testicle swinging out uninhibited.

8. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    Hard-Aching-69 likes this.
  9. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    There are several parts that have to be well fitted for a cock cage to be comfortable. If you have a perfect base ring, but a wrong gap, you will feel a lot of burning under a scrotum. Size of the cage also matters as it has to prevent erection to reduce forces on the ring. I wrote a guide that might help you if your cage is not properly designed:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577
    Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://krystinekellogg.com/podcast.html

BottleRocket likes this.
  10. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    I feel like I’ve got the base ring right but it’s the gap and the new ring should hopefully improve this as provides a bigger gap. I’ve ordered the smaller ring too in case. So will see how it goes :)

11. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    Wow, what a difference. Same size ring 50mm diameter circular but where it’s anatomically shaped it fits a lot better. It’s shaped so the top and bottom of the ring are closer to the body so the ball gap is slightly bigger and it fits against my body where as the previous circle ring I couldn’t get it completely against my body.

No ball burn as of yet so will see how it goes over the next few days. F51B89B7-B240-4AE1-952E-6DF1279D1731.jpeg 998DE632-6233-46B8-A1BD-EEB0931DB4FD.jpeg 3D54BE3B-7A3D-4B39-9495-FC7BB9DBF6B7.jpeg

Mark Owen and SubPeter like this.
  12. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    Thanks all for your help, the new cage with the slightly bigger gap and an anatomically shaped base ring is perfect. Think also the cold was making my balls try to retreat which was making the skin tight under the base ring leading to irritation. Currently using a sock over the cage to keep things toasty. 3 days in and no irritation at all. Comfy as anything.

bemfem and SubPeter like this.
  13. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    Seem to have cracked it. 100% the ball gap as I’ve adjust the gap and no problems at all now, I’m on day 11 Wohoo. Still trimming balls and above but have left under where the ring sits. Have hair underneath that I can see poking out a little. Is this something that I need to trim or will the hair fall out as it’s under the ring?

14. Deleted member 96384

I had similar problem and tried lotions and creams, for me I found this natural deodorant, no waxes or aluminum in it. I put it on in the morning just after my shower. Along the scrotum on under side. I go a months and no chaff.
    469C29A4-28F1-4920-9517-D7353B5FB219.jpeg

15. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    How long have you been using this? I use the same brand under my arms with no problems, so I will give it a try.

16. Deleted member 96384

I have been using deodorant for the past year with my current cages and I started when I whore a Cellmate. Try “Native” deodorant it works great

17. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    I’ve been using it under my arms since summer. I’ll try it down below. Thanks!

18. Hard-Aching-69

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    Hi all I just received my new metal cage and within 5mins really bad ball burn, used the advice from here praised open slightly between base ring and main ring not much and perfect straight up no ball burn I think I got lucky with the adjustment first time. :) PS: Base ring 45mm.

handsolo likes this.
  19. BottleRocket

Local Time:
    I’ve recently given this a go and wow what a difference. Being high and tight the lotion has made my balls soft and relaxed which has stopped any soreness whatsoever. Complete comfort, can’t thank you enough. Going to try cocoa butter lotion next just as it smells amazing

Chaz69 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice