Badassworkroom "Prevent Glans Exposed" Custom Cage Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Sipriotes, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Sipriotes

Sipriotes Slave to Artemistress

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    The biggest thing that prevented our chastity lifestyle from taking off when we first tried it several years ago was the lack of a cage that could be worn long-term. I tried half a dozen plastic and metal cages but there was always something that kept them from being perfect. Most recently I was using a small cage from an Amazon seller. It was the best one I had used so far, but I knew pretty quickly that I would eventually need to invest in a custom cage to be able to wear it 24/7.

One of my main problems is being an uncut grower, as we’re now calling ourselves on CM. When flaccid, I have a lot of extra foreskin that gathers at the tip -- and it loves to crawl out the tip opening of whatever cage I’m in, where it can then become irritated by rubbing against my underwear.

I tried to mitigate this on my latest off-the-shelf cage by squeezing the end bars together with some vice grips. This helped to an extent, but any arousal whatsoever would allow the prisoner to escape until such time as I pushed him back in with a Q-tip.

As I was looking at custom cages, my choices were basically down to MaleChastityNow and Mature Metal, both of whom offer similar open-cage designs. I wasn’t totally sure about the end of the cage and how it would accommodate my foreskin, but I would just deal with that as it happened.

Imagine my delight, then, when I was browsing the listings of Etsy seller Badassworkroom and came across this cage: https://www.etsy.com/listing/891059422/prevent-glans-exposed-customizable

The extra bars at the front were only offered by one other custom maker, Red Chili -- but their cages were a bit out of my price range with shipping from the UK, and lead times were much longer than US-based makers.

I’d seen a handful of mentions of Badassworkroom custom cages on the forums, all positive. They are based out of China, and make both cages and other fun stainless steel toys. At 200 bucks and a 14-day turnaround time, it just made sense. The only potential downside would be if adjustments needed to be made -- I don’t think he would do mail-back adjustments like the US-based makers -- but at roughly half the price, I could always order a 2nd cage and still come out ahead :D

So, with that rambling introduction out of the way, let’s get on with the review!

Ordering and Customer Service 9/10

Ordering a cage from Badassworkroom is just like ordering anything from Etsy. For his custom designs, he asks you to enter the cage dimensions in the “personalization” field. All dimensions are fully customizable to the millimeter, including ring diameter, tube diameter, overall length, and even gap (though that’s not listed, I asked for a specific gap size and he said that it’s customizable too).

The only issue I had here was that he wants you to specify the overall cage length. I had measured just my shaft using the “ruler on the underside” method, but there was no information to convert that into overall cage length.

I noted this on my order, and the seller messaged me back almost immediately with a helpful diagram showing the ring size and gap. I confirmed the overall length I wanted and that was it! The only other thing I needed to confirm was my phone number for customs purposes.

Shipping Speed 10/10

Everything happened faster than I expected. I ordered the cage on Sunday, November 22, and I received a notification that my order shipped on November 30. It shipped FedEx -- they did not update the estimated delivery date until it hit the US and cleared customs. It first had a delivery date of Monday, December 7, but it arrived at my local FedEx depot on Friday the 4th and I had it in my hands the same day.

Cage Design 10/10

For reference, my cage is 38mm long (56mm overall), 35mm tube diameter, 48mm ring diameter, and 10mm gap (see photos here: https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?gallery/albums/new-cage-badassworkroom.6288/)

The cage design is similar in design to the ever-popular Jailbird, with many thin (2.5mm) bars separating two thicker (4.5mm) rings. Four 3mm curved bars connect to the front ring, with around 4mm gaps between the center bars. This seems to be small enough to keep my wiley foreskin from escaping. The cage has the suggestion of a downward curve, but at the short length that I chose it really doesn’t have much room to complete the motion.

The base ring has a 8mm round profile, and is to my knowledge only offered in a round, flat style, as opposed to oval rings or “ergonomic” styles offered by other manufacturers. I did not inquire if the ring could be made oval (MCN says he does this by putting it in a vise) or of another shape, since round is fine with me.

The cage comes standard with a magic lock, though reports indicate that the maker will swap it for another lock style upon request at no charge (padlock and security screw are offered on other cage designs). I stayed with the magic lock, as it’s convenient and secure enough for us. The provided magic lock appears to be stainless steel rather than the typical brass, and is a good bit larger than the lock from my old cage. Unlike MCN or MM, the design does include aligning pins between the tube and ring, but these are much smaller than the off-the-shelf cages I have, so should hopefully be less pinch-y.

Quality and Finish 10/10

The first thing I noticed about the cage is the finish. It has a matte, satiny finish, as opposed to the typical high shine of most other SS cages. It gives it a unique look to the cage and just feels nicer on the skin, in my opinion.

The welds and joints are clean, and I wasn’t able to detect any sharp edges anywhere on the cage. Everything appears to have been polished nicely after assembly, leaving a smooth finish throughout.

The manufacturing technique really shows in the lock alignment. On the off-the-shelf cage I have, the magic lock requires some finagling to fit. On this cage, the lock slot aligns perfectly once assembled, and the lock slides right in with no wiggling. Once assembled the cage is totally rigid.

One nice touch is chamfering around the holes where the guide pins go into the base ring. This eliminates another pinch point that I’ve had trouble with in the past.

Overall the cage is extremely well-built and is well in line with the quality I’d expect from any custom manufacturer.

Everyday Wear 9/10

The cage is very comfortable for everyday wear of sitting, standing, walking, etc. I definitely have less tip rub issues, though it has managed to make an escape or two necessitating some shifting and pushing to get it back in place. The extra hoops over the front bars keep my underwear from rubbing even if the tip peeks through a little, which is a nice touch.

Overall it is exactly as comfortable as I was expecting from a custom fitting cage.

Playtime and Nighttime 8/10

Mistress indulged me with some bondage play on Saturday night, so we had the opportunity to put the cage through its paces. I was strapped into my straitjacket for a couple of hours, and so had an erection to fight. Unfortunately the crotch straps shifted the cage enough to let the tip escape out of the side, so we had to stop playing and fix it. So it’s not a perfect solution to tip slip as of yet. But besides that, the cage contained my erections admirably with less discomfort than previous ones.

The same goes for nighttime wear. As with my previous cage, the ring likes to slip down my sack and put pressure on my balls. But after taking a leak and readjusting, it went back fine. Tip slip has been somewhat reduced, and is definitely less uncomfortable than in my previous cages.

Pictures

I’ve posted several pictures of the cage in my gallery:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?gallery/albums/new-cage-badassworkroom.6288/

Overall 9.5/10

Overall this is the most comfortable device I’ve had yet. The price and turnaround time can’t be beat, and the manufacturing quality is definitely there. If you’re looking for a custom sized cage on a budget, definitely check out the Badassworkroom designs.

2. Chastity_Couple

Local Time:
    I also have a custom cage from Badassworkroom. My experience with them was very similar to yours. I am very pleased with the cage, and have been wearing it 24/7 since the beginning of November.

King Hippo and Sipriotes like this.
  3. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    Sipriotes likes this.
  4. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Can you explain what exactly you mean by "tip slip"? I'm confused and can't visualize what's happening...

5. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    :D that's what i get for coming up with a dumb rhyming phrase on the fly... just a dumb name for what I describe here:

lord9 likes this.
  6. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Great thank you. I've been cut my entire life so could not figure that shit out.

:) Glad you're enjoying the new cage.

7. Conrad3

Conrad3 Long term member

Epos Engineer
    Bucks
    Local Time:
    11:16 PM
    Thanks for this was looking at it by overall length does he mean from abdomen to tip of penis including the foreskin

locked_jake likes this.
  8. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes that is the measurement he wants. If you message him he will send you a diagram with the dimensions laid out.

9. Conrad3

Conrad3 Long term member

Epos Engineer
    Bucks
    Local Time:
  10. Annemarie

Annemarie Long term member

Europe
    Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    I ordered mine last Saturday!

Sipriotes likes this.
  11. Consumed

Consumed Right where I belong.

Albany NY
    Local Time:
    I'm a bit confused about the gap. You said 10mm but your calipers show 17.9mm gap.

12. Conrad3

Conrad3 Long term member

Epos Engineer
    Bucks
    Local Time:
    bottom of cage to inside of ring is 17.9 but the gap from cage to ring if looking straight from side would be 10mm if I am correct

13. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes, exactly.

14. Slave Dave73

Slave Dave73 Active member

Local Time:
    Have you any idea of the weight compared to the jail bird ?

15. Slave Dave73

Local Time:
    Very informative review, thank you very much. I was just about to buy the jail bird I might just wait a bit

Sipriotes likes this.
  16. DrPinotNoir

DrPinotNoir Active member

Local Time:
    That looks quite nice. I wonder if that has a key that is different than the other barrel locks. I can pick the standard barrel locks in seconds.

17. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Sorry I totally meant to get the weight but I forgot. I'll try to measure it tomorrow though. It is definitely lighter than the off-the-shelf cage it replaced, just going by feel.

Slave Dave73 likes this.
  18. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm not a lock expert but I'm pretty sure it's just a standard pin and tumbler design like a standard magic lock, just of a larger size. So it might even be easier to pick, lol.

The maker does offer other locking options, including a security screw with some kind of "permalock" device.

19. ResponsiblePirate

Trades.
    United States, Midwest Region.
    Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    Very informative review. I also ordered this cage in August with the locking screw option. It’s actually just a small screw that requires an “Allen” set key to lock and unlock. The permanent locking option is basically like a little washer that once inserted cannot really come out. I have not used this option, because my lovely KH is afraid in the event of an emergency release we would not know what to do ? Overall the craftsmanship is very good. I think it’s lighter than my Jailbird and very comfortable for long term wear. I was in this cage from September to the end of October and had zero issues. I only unlocked a few times to shave and feel a bit of fresh air. I did not have any issues slipping out etc... The cage arrived 2 weeks to the estimated date with no delivery problems. The customer service is excellent, and I actually changed a few things the day after I ordered, and received a speedy email back saying no problem with the changes. I wanted the cage length shortened to a more comfy resting place. I am not here to downgrade any of the other makers by no means. I own a Red Chili custom Sissy cage, a Jailbird and I currently am locked in a MCN Flower Top cage which is superb. I wanted to respond to this thread because I hate reading about the lack of customer service, or zero response to a custom order from the various custom fabricators from users here in The Mansion. I hope this helps anyone on here that is looking for a custom cage, but may not want to break your bank. Hope this helps make some decisions some of you may have out there.

20. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The cage is 146g, which is around the same as the Jailbird's advertised 5 oz. Of course this will change with your specific cage dimensions, as mine is fairly small.

The base ring is thicker than the JB, at 8mm instead of 1/4", so that will add some weight, but I think the cage bars and rings are thinner.

21. Slave Dave73

Local Time:
    Thank you @Sipriotes . Your sizes are very similar to what I would need so the weight is about right. I've been in touch with them actually . I might just order one .

Sipriotes likes this.
  22. Thongkini

Thongkini Member

Canada
    Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    I appreciate your very detailed review and since I have been thinking of a custom cage I went ahead and placed an order. I'm a newbie so still not 100% confident on my dimensions so I asked if a second base ring could be ordered in the future. He responded that since each cage is handmade and exacting a second ring must be made to fit at time of order and he sent me a link to make this happen. I will share my experience with it after it arrives, I'm quite hopeful for this to be a longer term option and hope I've learned enough to have gotten the dimensions correct.

Sipriotes likes this.
  23. Annemarie

Europe
    Local Time:
    I just received mine today! been wearing it for several hours now, feels great. Stays on to the body very good, toilet use is better than ever (sitting of course). Foreskin is protected well enough. I gues this might be the one ;-)

Sipriotes and Thongkini like this.
  24. Annemarie

Europe
    Local Time:
    Hi all, I am in this device for two weeks now 24/7 no unlocking at all. Great fit, cleaning is very well possible, no chaffing.
    My Prinsess told me it would be a long lockup. My longest 24/7 time ever was 7 weeks in a row. This morning I asked how long “long” means to her. She said it might be after this summer

Sipriotes likes this.
  25. Sipriotes

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Very nice! Thanks for the update.

I also have been wearing mine nearly 24/7 since I received it and have no issues to report. I am allowed to remove it every Sunday for a deep cleaning and a few hours to let the skin breathe, but I don't think it would be a problem to go longer than that. Cleaning it is very easy in the shower and if I'm diligent about it the cage doesn't seem any dirtier after a week than it does after a day or two.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chastit device ring compatible with badaasworkroom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice