Any other people that like the esoteric and occult ?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by hermeticallyCaged, Oct 21, 2019.

1. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Any other people here that enjoy the study of the occult, esoterics, etc? If so what are your favorite areas of study and how did you come involved?

2. TheRealAdam

TheRealAdam Long term member

Software engineer + First aid instructor
    Local Time:
    4:32 AM
    This subject is extremely broad.

I like the idea that the gap between the occult "world" and the scientific "world" is getting smaller every day. The bizar world of quantum mechanics and the mystery of dark energy and dark matter can and will be connected to the occult phenomena;s like ghosts and pyschic energies.
    In the quantum world there are several fields that allow "stuff" to be created and destroyed. Maybe there is a field for life and consience. So conscience particles can bind to physical matter in order to create (intelligent) life. The binding is then lost upon death.

3. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    I’ve never thought of it like that.

hermeticallyCaged likes this.
  4. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i like watching zombie films. they very very scary but i like to see them.

5. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    I also find that interesting. At first It is insane to think for thousands of years people somehow knew so much about how our universe operates that modern science is just now figuring out. Nowadays though I find It more insane that scientist from this era of time are figuring this stuff out when so many of them are completely disconnected from the spiritual. That said many scientist actually become involved in the occult because of their research.

I have never thought as there being a gap though I really see the two as the same. It used to be all of the great scientist were occultist because really science and the occult at their core are the same. It saddens me that there is such a dogma against the supernatural in modern science.

Personally I love the history behind the occult and working on my own system to better develop myself as a spiritual being. I have a lot to work on and learn but that's the fun part.

6. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    see zombieland II yet?

7. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    those of you who are involved with the occult what spiritual/religious system do you feel plays the largest part in your beliefs?

8. Miffy

Miffy Long term member

Local Time:
    As much questioning, reading, consulting with what i think are the gnostics of our age and also of course time spent thinking plus the occasional 'teacher plant' for me would be my 'tool'

9. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    no I have not but I loved the first one a lot .

10. keysandlocks

Verified Female

Self Employed/Retired
    English Female
    Local Time:
    I just enjoy the horror movies/books etc.Not involved in witchcraft or the occult.But do believe somethings are best left alone.

11. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:

Definitely! sometimes all the information that is available can be extremely overwhelming though, especially when trying to decide what area to study next.

Speaking with others can progress you so far especially when you keep your mind open.

Personally I've never spent time with any "teacher plants" or anything because that could interfere with other parts of my life. Plus my SO would be strongly against that

Read any interesting books lately?

12. Miffy

Miffy Long term member

Local Time:
    Not a book but Graham Hancock speaking on Youtube has been educational recently

13. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:

Graham is great I have a couple of his books and i love to listen to him speak on YouTube also. You can tell just how he speaks he has studied some of the ancient mystery schools and other areas related to the occult. It is rare you hear him exoterically speak on the subject though.

Miffy likes this.
  14. Houseboy42

Houseboy42 Member

Local Time:
    Yes, occult study and practice has been a central part of my life since I was 18yrs old (I’m 53 now). My focus has always been the pursuit and worship of the Sacred Feminine. I took initiation into Gardnerian Wicca in 1985 and later joined on occult lodge based on the work of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. I think my favorite occult writer is Dion Fortune. I adore her books, Sea Priestess and Moon Magic. They’re very femdom. Both my ladies are also Goddess worshipers. Our household is dedicated to Lilith and the Wiccan rite of Drawing Down the Moon, where the spirit of the Goddess is invited into the body of her priestess, is one of our most sacred rituals.

15. hermeticallyCaged

Local Time:
    I honestly don't know that much about wicca besides the basics but the golden dawn I'd imagine is much closer to what I'm familiar with. I've always been interested in the golden dawn as it has some connections with some orders I'm affiliated with. Im not going to say which ones for anonymity reasons. I would love to see the differences and similarities. I hear you all have some beautiful ritual work. Might join one day. That said I'm not really into group ceremonial magick. I prefer to practice alone most of the time but things change.

How do you like being in the golden dawn?

16. Houseboy42

Houseboy42 Member

Local Time:
    I haven’t been an official member for almost 20yrs now. My experience I’d say was mixed. I have nothing but positive things to say about the curriculum of the GD, but the way our particular lodge approached that work didn’t always suit my personality type.

My impression of Wicca is that it is extremely free, emotionally associated, and welcomes UPG (unverified personal gnosis) Meanwhile, the GD, as I experienced it, is much more intellectual, rigid and scientific. Almost, like two opposite, yet complimentary streams, one of emotion and the heart and the other of intellect and the head.

This was a good balance for me, at least for a while, but I'm no scientist and the GD's extremely in-depth, logical approach to the wonders of our reality started to feel tedious to me.

To put it another way, if a Wiccan were to walk up to a lovely pond, they might take off their clothes and dive in. If a GD member encountered the same pond, they might take a tiny sample of the water, put it under a microscope and catalogue every microorganism they find. Both approaches are valid, but I’d rather go swimming.

17. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I agree with all you said.

and would add

Which definition or interpretation of occult are we looking at in this thread
    there is an infinite amount that had we have discovered they knew about ..maybe even understood, in the past some of which has been witheld some is getting out all fascinating stuff. I love learning about it, as I do conspiracy theories and with conspiracy theories some is great and some is ...well NOT.

esoterics which are by definition it seem exclusive.. knowledge should be shared ... but ALL knowledge mmm good question... maybe not all...not for eveyone .. but who should select those that choose mmm

Allpotentially intertesting stuff Ancient technology / science. spirits ghosts entities energies all open to speculation fuelled conjecture. ... and why not... better in so many ways than watching the majority of TV

programme choices.
    Coronation Street ..or.. another crazy round earth theory
    The joys of having a lobotomy or yet anothe version of Knott's Landing
    Ancient Aliens or How I lost 3501bs of fat. .................................actually i know that one she got a divorce

I know which ones I'd choose.

18. Houseboy42

Houseboy42 Member

Local Time:
    There’s another group I was involved with for many years. I’m not sure if you’d call it 'occult' in nature, but it has some similarities. The group ( pardon me for not saying the name. Both my ladies are still very much involved) works with BDSM methods to affect spiritual and/or emotional catharsis. Scenes can take months to plan and are carefully designed and tailored to help people work with issues like childhood trauma, physical or emotional abuse history, phobias, self esteem and so on. I say that it has similarities to occult-ish stuff because all of the 50+ members have a background in and use elements from traditions like paganism, ritual magick, shamanism, Freemasonry and similar.

hermeticallyCaged and filltee like this.
  19. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    That sounds potentially very interesting

hermeticallyCaged and Houseboy42 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice