Anti Microbial Spray Protection Coating

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Abulia, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    Doing some research I stumbled across this spray coating. Actually, almost everything I found was more in the "paint" category for bulk/hospital use and very expensive. This is one of the few consumer versions that I found. The instructions state it will last for 30 days; just apply liberally and let dry. Good for bacteria, fungi, & alge.

Of course, the application I'm looking for is the interior of a chastity cage. I see this as helping support a regular cleaning schedule, not replacing it.

Anyway, I thought I'd give some a try and will post impressions later. If you're interested, I got it here

2. Brandon Letzin

Brandon Letzin Active member

Student
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    How good is this compared to neosteel's? For $122 I expect it to stay on practically forever, though do you know if it'll wipe off at all? If it suffers the same 30 day thing as this then I'll skip it and just apply this instead.

3. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    I've no idea as I do not have a Neosteal device with their coating. I believe they use an ion-silver method coating. According to the Biosafe website, they claim that their product is superior than the silver-based. Of course, what else would you expect them to say?

Looks like they also have a an industrial version but I've no leads on where you get it or how much it costs (probably a lot).

4. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    I neglected to mention that Neosteel's silver-ion coating is permanent. Only the consumer-grade Biosafe has a 30 day protection window; their industrial version is also permanent.

5. Brandon Letzin

Student
    Local Time:
    So then if I get this right, you could use the consumer version on the cb-6000s and not worry about bacteria/fungi etc in the tube after showers if you don't dry the tube for 30 days?

6. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    No. You still dry and use normal hygiene; the product does bond to the surface, but it will eventually wear off in approximately 30 days.

As I said originally, this should help with hygiene and smell, not replace a normal hygiene regimen.

7. Brandon Letzin

Student
    Local Time:
    I see, was wondering exactly what you meant by that earlier statement. Thanks for the help. I'll look into this as a possibility for the few months from now until I order/receive a belt.

8. Mistress Deborah

Mistress Deborah Long term member

Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    Abulia, loving your avatar!

9. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Thank you, ma'am! :)

10. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Okay, so after a month or so of using this, time for a mini-review.

Short version: It works (it seems)

The material comes in a small pump and has a viscosity very similar to water. The directions state to spray on and let dry overnight. After cleaning the tube of my CS-100 with Cavisol, I sprayed some inside the tube and slushed it around and around and around. Obviously it didn't absorb into the metal...the best I was hoping for was a good, thin coating. I let dry overnight.

Wore CS-100 for a few days, urinated as per usual, did some tease and denial (lots of pre-cum!) and eventually took off the cage. The "man odor" was not present. Historically it's pretty smelly down there, but I can only attribute this change to the spray fluid. Now obviously this is NOT a replacement for a regular cleaning regemine, it's only a way of controlling some of the smell from our devices.

If you have a device (like a Neosteel) where the tube is coated by the manufacturer that would be the best. However, this seems to be a pretty good second option. Just based on my experience I'd recommend re-coating your device monthly. The tube has enough "squirts" that it should easily last you a year.

I was pleasantly surprised!

11. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Great to know it worked!

12. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    the ABC coating from neosteel works very well ,my T/V tube is coated and so is my "arch" , no wear ,or peeling of ! best reg. GWENY

13. jlatex

jlatex Mmmmm caged

Scotland
    Local Time:
    This product sounds awesome, anyone found anything similar in the UK (the biosafe one isn't available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice