An attempt to reject the post masculine era?.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mascara^Snake, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:25 PM
    I am wondering, was the election of Donald Trump ( the epitome of vulgar white masculinity ) partly a backlash against the onset post-masculinity by subsections of America

Rectrix and Mash2214 like this.
  2. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    He won by mining White Nationalism - which has heavy-handed stereotypes for women, immigrants, and minorities.

3. mcfeely

mcfeely Long term member

Medic
    Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    I disagree. I think he won because america was frustrated with business as usual and wanted a change. Say what you will but for better or worse, he made promises in the election and to a greater degree then most pols, is trying to do what he said. History will decide which presidents are viewed as good vs bad. Don't define being a man by donald trump just like I would say don't define him by obama etc. America is suffering and on a decline because society is changing in such a way as to force men to "not be men".

4. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Are you suggesting perhaps that America feels that the era of the male centric male dominated society that has existed there perhaps since the migration of the paleo-indians some 50-17000 years ago.

Following the feelings that the previous administration was considered by some to be overly PC and somewhat effeminate which inflicted lies and deceptions on the American people I can see how your 'backlash' concept is very worthy of consideration.

But what of the demographic breakdown of the vote. Certainly more women voted for clinton rather than trump many perhaps only because she is a woman though I firmly believe that almost anyone else was preferable to clinton .

All that aside perhaps America is starting realise theere is a possibility that gynarchy is in its future

5. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:

I do have a general agreement with your other remarks on this topic. The last is most certainly a pobble issue. Rumours speculation and suggestions all tend towards Obama was not eligible to ever be president and that he and Michael were/are a same sex couple. The there is this massive Trans issue and the state manipulating people into wanting the state to disarm them.

But I dont think Ms Amanda had intended a wider political debate just to reflect modern thinking on what is being looked upon as some masculinity related issues in the US

Love&Passion, guest 2942 and Mash2214 like this.
  6. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    I try not to read to much into the political spectrum, but I agree that Trump was elected out of frustration of how our culture has evolved and our Constitution has been weakened. As a Veteran of the Vietnam conflict, i have a strong appreciation for the rule of law and I like to see the American values being restored. Trump is not my idea of a perfect President, by any means, but, at least, he is unlike most politicians when it comes to living up to his promises. I only wish that we could teach Melania the wonders of the chastity cage. I think that might help the situation greatly.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  7. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well, after reading the replies here I feel even more sure that the onset of the post masculine era did have an effect on the election.

Goddess Gaia and Breathe like this.
  8. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    63% of white men voted for Trump, and 72% of non-college educated (non-enlightened) white males voted for Trump.
    Therefore we could recognize Trump’s victory for what it is – a resurgence of white male privilege?.

Goddess Gaia and Mash2214 like this.
  9. mcfeely

mcfeely Long term member

Medic
    Local Time:
    Please give your definition of "post masuline era". I would hope that it doesn't promote feminization because by definition that man would be different. Not a judgement call but a man who is femed is now femal, not male. Also please don't associate college educated with enlightened. A college education isn't required to be a socratic man just a love for learning and growing. I also think that if a good woman had run against trump, she would have had a great chance of winning. Trump was/is the lesser of two evils. Also White privilege is just a crappy tag line thrown about by the press. Ask anyone who is willing to work their ass off if it is possible to suceed. White privilege puts an artificial "glass ceiling" in place.(I am not white)

Guest 9204 likes this.
  10. LederDame

LederDame Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    1:25 PM
    The badest side of USA appears by the election of Trump. Badest is, that I wouldn't be surprised if they vote him a second time.

11. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

It's nothing to do with men being feminized at all.
    The "Post Masculine Era" that we are entering is a progressive transformation of the world into a place that is hospitable to women, minorities, homosexuals, trans people and disabled people
    and continue to produce alternative role models for white boys and young men.

12. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    This is going to be a Hot Topic. Donald Trump. Ouch my fingers are burning just holding my IPad. Pick one Donald or Hillary? I’m glad I didn’t have to vote.

Breathe likes this.
  13. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    it's not about donaldtrump it's about a backlash at the onset of the post masculine Era.
    donald trump himself is about nothing and of no interest.

14. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    The majority of white women also voted for a man who would grab them by the pussy.

Love&Passion and Mash2214 like this.
  15. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    No kidding, Mash. That's why I'll be short and sweet here. :D

I've tried to analyze his 'victory' in countless ways. The only one that makes sense to Me (and provides any remote sense of comfort) is that his election could be the result of a glorified 'last stand' of those hungry for power whom also perpetuate deceit, hate, and intolerance rather than prosperity, unity, and equal rights for all...

So yes, I'd say much of his agenda promotes privilege of all sorts - white, male, and otherwise. It's an ugly result that maddens many of us, I assure you. I'll never forget how November 9, 2016 felt. It has continued to feel like BizarroLand around here in many ways, since then.

Also, roughly half of American citizens didn't vote. That's... a lot of people with unrepresented opinions. I think we were convinced that he couldn't happen, regardless of significant inaction in voting booths. We were insanely wrong, as were all the pollsters.

The silver linings? People are exercising their first amendment rights. Young voters are waking up and paying very close attention now. New people with diverse genders, colors, creeds, and ideas are running for elected offices - and winning! Many Americans only thought of elections once every four years, largely ignoring local and state government races... I can almost guarantee that will not be the case in the future.

At least, I sure hope not!

... @Mash2214, looks like I failed to stay short, lol. I did try, though!

boisub, Love&Passion, Beck and 2 others like this.
  16. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    A fact that saddens Me greatly.

17. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    There's a lot of truth in the OP.

Trump was the backlash against a lot of things. It was a furious cry from a vocal but marginalised group. That group tends to be reactionary, and it therefore eschews any aspect of feminism or even female equality. It is also less tolerant on racial and sexuality issues. The same thing happened in the UK with the Brexit vote. People are sick of lying politicians and are voting against what is being sold to them as the "right" thing to do.

Whether all of this is just a backlash, and therefore temporary, or something more sinister remains to be seen. History shows us that the darkest periods of human society creep up on us and catch us unawares.

boisub, Mascara^Snake and Breathe like this.
  18. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    Not Bad , Not Bad. I’d like to make one comment. Their are people that give their life for the right to vote. We have that right and Don’t use it. Voter turnout should be over 90%. If you didn’t vote than you shouldn’t collect any benefits from the government. See that was Short.

19. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Yes.

I won't speak further about he-who-shall-not-be-named, and hope not to hear of him again in this house.

boisub, Love&Passion and Goddess Gaia like this.
  20. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    perhaps because men like Trump are so unworthy what masculinity should really be...…...and to be clear I'm talking about having a beautiful wife and being unfaithful to her.

21. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    Wow! Had no idea this would turn into a bash trump thread. Well ok then. I'm a constitutional republican meaning I think the constitution was written as is with extreme intelligence put into those words. I'm also not a racist, homophobe, misogynist, pro white, non-trans, and all the rest of the tags people like to attribute to trump and people like me. No I think a lot of it was people fighting against the government taking over every little part of their lives and turning this country into a communist fairytale/unicorn country. The already have that in europe and having that happen in our country is actually scary. The govt regulating speech, taking knives away from ordinary citizens. Government overreach is on the rise and the voters in the US said enough. thats my thoughts anyways.

Alceste, sandman9355 and Giveitup like this.
  22. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's almost exactly what I was saying.

LesterBallard likes this.
  23. steph17

steph17 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Why most replies seem to be hammering Mr Trump I dont get, some of you find him loathsome and think he is not respectful to women, I dont agree, the press can create a picture of anything they want and a lot of people will trust what they say.
    I think for a change this president is going to try to do what he said he would do when he got elected and that to me is better politics than we have seen ever, anyway that is not really what this thread is about sorry.

24. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This post is not about that little man. It is about possible signs of backlash against the onset of a post masculine era.

25. Cuckster

Cuckster Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I think that "onset post-masculinity" has a hell of a long way to go. Especially in most of America.
    I'd be interested to learn which "subsections" you are referring to, and what kind of voting sway they would wield in presidential elections.

I think it's far more likely Trump was elected by the vast right-wing Christian conservative (no disrespect) aged paranoid Republican backbone of support across America. Who are still living in the 1960s, and have never crossed the border of their own state, let alone their country. It's a lot of people.
    The kind of people who lap up all the jingoistic flag-waving "land of the free" "made in America" claptrap that is incessantly spouted at every opportunity. The kind of people who are incapable of critical analysis of anything to do with America. Who are scared to death by the very idea of a liberal Black president, and who see Trump as some sort of self-made capitalist poster boy.

boisub and LesterBallard like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice