Advice re Prince Albert

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Nostromo, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    2:03 PM
    There are a scattering of posts about PAs but I wanted to start a new thread to get people’s input on how long it takes a PA to heal and get stretched out enough to use with a chastity device. I’ve seen a lot of conflicting reports about healing time.

surelyprematurely likes this.
  2. Lockedloser

Lockedloser Member

Mid West USA
    Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    My PA took around 6 weeks to completely heal. Then I went back in chastity with daily removals and inspections if there was any soreness or possible issues then a few day break then start over. It was around 3 months before long term inescapable chastity could begin. I hope this info helps

surelyprematurely likes this.
  3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    4-8 weeks to heal.
    We had sex 4 weeks in.
    I didn’t feel discomfort during sexual activities after 6 weeks.

Stretching up from 8ga takes longer.
    What gauge do you want to be in?

I went from 8ga to 6ga in 12 weeks. I wanted to try earlier but my order got delayed. I toyed a little with chastity tethering in 6ga jewelry. I went from 6ga to 4ga in another 6 weeks. Fooled around for a month. Spent my first full weeklong 24/7 lockup in just over 5 months. Last weekend of April 2014 to First week of October 2014.

At the time I needed to stretch to fit in the 4ga PA pin that MaleChastityNow offered for the Contender cage I had. Now you can get PA security pins/hooks starting at 8ga. I see this far more often now.

I had sent mine back to get the PA option added around the time my wife’s embrace of chastity became eager and proactive :)

It had been a wonderful journey since.
    Good luck. Here’s some links.

https://www.piercingbible.com/piercing-information/male-genital-piercings/prince-albert-piercing/

http://malechastitynow.com/Chastity-Device/Contender

Nostromo likes this.
  4. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    Everyone is going to have a unique experience here. There are rules of thumb floating around of 4-6 weeks to heal. But you’ll find people that say don’t do anything with chastity for 6 months. Others will be telling you that you can do it right after that 4-6 week mark.

But what I think is really important is that you listen to your body. If what you’re doing is hurting then you need to stop. If it’s not hurting then you’re probably ok. I do think you should definitely inspect daily at first because sometimes issues don’t hurt until you remove the device.

The reason there’s so much variability in this is that there’s a lot of variability in piercing. Not every piercer puts the PA in the same spot or the same gauge. If you’re circumcised there may be scar tissue in play. Anatomy is not uniform either. So every situation is pretty unique.

All that said PAs generally heal pretty quickly. I think people make way too big of a deal out of how long it takes to heal generally. However long it will be will go by so fast. So even if you don’t wear a device during that period it’s just not that big of a deal.

My personal experience was that I was back to wearing a Holy Trainer v2 (without the PA attached to anything) in 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I was wearing my Steelheart with the PA fixation loop. I gauged up from a 8ga to a 6ga after a year and a half. I could have probably done it far earlier but didn’t have a reason. I went to 6ga because I wanted to order devices with more fixed PA setups.

The one advice I would give is make your first PA device be one that doesn’t hold the PA in precisely one point and that doesn’t put weight on the PA. In my case I used this style of fixation on my Steelheart:
    https://steelworxx.de/PA-Fixing-114p.html?xPrioS=igfbbfmefkitt55qfgsl5tnko0

I advise this because it should let you start using the PA for chastity sooner. But honestly this is just an optimization of wanting to be in chastity sooner.

The sooner you get it done the sooner the healing will be over. I haven’t heard very many people who did a PA for chastity regret it. After it was all healed I wondered why I’d put it off for so long. It wasn’t nearly as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be.

Peter Rabbit and Nostromo like this.
  5. subslave l

subslave l Active member

Local Time:
    1:03 PM
    Sorry to jump in, but I have questions also.
    1. Somewhere I read that during healing a condom should be worn to protect the PA in PIV sex or any type of sex. Not sure if it is to help hold the jewelry or to protect the wound from contamination.

2. In PIV sex, do most wear the jewelry or remove it? Maybe depends on the partners preference?

3. Is 8 gauge the typical initial size when pierced?

LadyL likes this.
  6. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    According to the guy who did mine, no, but he didn't have a problem doing it for me.

7. mikeled

mikeled Member

Local Time:
    My PA was done at 8GA and was pretty much healed at 8 weeks however I waited a good 4 or 5 months before trying to use it for Chastity.

For sex I leave mine in and yes absolutely wear a condom especially while healing.

8. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:03 PM
    I was impatient, so don’t follow my example.

Pierced with a 2.4mm ring

Had sex after a couple of days

Sore for a week, but no pain after 2 weeks

Stretched to 5mm over the next 6 months. After each stretching it took a couple of weeks to heal again

9. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    1. Protect the wound from contamination. You really do not want to get it infected. While it’s still healing you don’t have a fistula formed and anything the woman has can easily enter your body.
    2. I think this is a matter of personal preference and jewelry style. Some jewelry styles are more noticeable than others. Obviously jewelry size matters here too. Personally I think we usually leave it in. But PIV sex is rare enough I’m not sure I’m sure what normal is.
    3. My piercer pierced at 10g and then immediately stretched to 8g. Says he’s had the best luck with doing it that way. But based on what I’ve seen. Everything about piercing is highly variant. Lots of different advice about what you can and can’t do after being pierced. My piercer told me to just leave it alone, others are told to soak it. I don’t think sufficient research has been doing to say what is best.

subslave l and Peter Rabbit like this.
  10. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    I don’t have a PA but had a Dydoe and have had friends have nipples done.

The general consensus is to keep it clean and one way is to soak it regularly.

I’d avoid any piercer who didn’t suggest cleaning it often via soaks.

11. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I ended up doing daily warm saltwater soaks. They felt nice and softened the crusties that formed.

12. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    It was an Assocation of Professional Piercers member. Their feeling on soaking is that it increased the chances of infection. They did recommend rinsing in a shower, but no submersion. It seems to have worked fine for me. To the best of my knowledge there has never been good studies on the best healing techniques for piercing. So there is a lot of differing opinion even amongst well respected professional piercers.

subslave l and Peter Rabbit like this.
  13. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Fair enough. I guess the APP piercers I’ve heard have always said use it. But if you keep them clean that’s what matters.

14. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    subslave l likes this.
  15. subslave l

subslave l Active member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

I was pierced today by an APP member. He pierced me at 6 gauge. He included a soap that I should use in the shower twice daily at the piercing site. Said healing time was 6 -8 weeks. I asked about salt water spray that I used on my nipple piercings. He said he felt it could dry the wound out.

I took the easy way out and applied cortisone cream before being pierced. No pain during or after.

I did find out that I am bleeder. I am currently setting on a towel with 2 feminine pads in my underwear. M’Sweetie was quick to point out that I am having my first period.

16. andy66

andy66 Long term member

Creative industry
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    Had a piercing 3 months ago, just stretched up to a 3.2 I think it is now, I want to stretch it to a 4 or 5mm for a device in the future but I am in no rush. My piercer suggested a stretch every 3 months. So It will be September or December before I am ready for a device, actually scared of being locked away as I know I won’t be able to defeat the device once locked!!!

surelyprematurely and subslave l like this.
  17. subslave l

subslave l Active member

Local Time:
    Pierced at 4mm 6 days ago. Finding out that as the cbr jewelry moves, that it is still tender there

LadyL and Peter Rabbit like this.
  18. andy66

andy66 Long term member

Creative industry
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    Not sure I would have gone straight to a 4mm ! But fair play to you as long as it’s not to uncomfortable, I would suggest it’s not a race. Making sure everything is healed is important.

19. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    7:03 PM
    Seems to be good advice here, but not having a pa, I cannot confirm it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice