Advice before first cage purchase

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by all4Maam, Apr 6, 2019.

1. all4Maam

all4Maam Member

writer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Local Time:
    4:42 AM
    The time has finally arrived. I am going to buy the first cage. And I have some simple questions.

First of all, we are not anything particularly sadistic or punishing when looking to play with or practice male chastity. It is the denial or at least postponement that is of the greatest interest for Madame and myself.

1) Are there cages that close and function without a lock? We are starting out with some session play and Madame likes the idea of the locking being part of the progression as we explore our options.

2) Any recommendations for a cage that allows urination while standing up? My prostate is large enough now that even under normal circumstances sitting makes urination difficult at times.

4) Madam likes the idea of metal cage feeling cool against her, um, flesh. But she has no actual experience with this sort of thing. Do these resin-based models like the Holy Trainer offer similar sensation?

Any definite pros and cons between metal vs. non-metal devices?

Thank you. And I hope I am asking these questions in the appropriate place.

2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    1. For a padlock compatible device you can leave the lock open after inserting the shackle, or insert something else in the hole to hold it together. Ha, maybe something you could snap in two if your erection were vigorous enough to break free. :)

2. No, I don’t. Best advice here is to get a short cage where your tip rests at the end. That will help. I’ve used a urinal in my Contender but only a few times.

3. The Holy Trainer resin got very warm to the touch for us. My MaleChastityNow stainless steel Contender gets pretty warm after I’ve been wearing it. Your blood flow brings the device up to temperature. My wife likes to access my flesh through the cage.

A Steelheart might have more thermal mass. It has a solid tube

all4Maam likes this.
  3. CD_Erika

CD_Erika Active member

Programmer
    Germany - Bavaria - Geisenhausen
    Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    1) The cages i've experienced would not hold without a lock, but you can insert something else, which keeps it shut.

2) I found it pretty difficult to pee standing up, while wearing a cage.
    Mostly due to the fact, the you can't place your foreskin properly, which results in wild spraying and causes an unbelievable mess when standing.

3) you left out the 3 ;)

4) Any cage, afaik, will get to body temperature pretty fast while wearing it.

all4Maam likes this.
  4. all4Maam

all4Maam Member

writer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Local Time:
    Thank you both! So I may try a budget metal one for the initial toy, just so she can feel the steel and let her decide if that will be the way to go if and I pony up the money for something like a Contender to corral the pony.

And yes, I forgot to change the number from 4 to 3. :) I had deleted that question after finding the answer on line.

5. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    There is a small metal cage on dhgate that secures with a screw. But it would still take time to put on/take off. Not sure if that fits what you are looking for.

For a first time order try to find something that comes with multiple base rings as you’ll want to try out different sizes. Not everyone is the same. As someone said already, cage length should equal or be slightly shorter than your flaccid length. That’ll help with urination. They also offer cages with a urethral tube. Lots of questions though about long term wear and infections. (And that’s not everyone’s cup of tea)

Good luck with your purchase.

all4Maam and CD_Erika like this.
  6. all4Maam

all4Maam Member

writer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Local Time:
    Thank you.

I have indeed decided to go with the multiple ring sort to start with.

Turns out I would get it in time if I ordered it from China, and most places advertising on Amazon, etc. have the same delivery window as dhgate, so they are probably just reselling their stuff.

So I will have to pay extra and get one in NYC. But she is so excited by the very idea of a cage that it will be well worth the investment.

7. thongs911

thongs911 Junior Member

Local Time:
    For your question about the cool metal, it will be cool at first, but as it is in constant contact with your body, it will warm up to your body temperature.

8. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    1:42 AM
    Your questions have been addressed by others, but I would add that there is no one good cage. You should measure your flacid penis and try to find something with the same girth and length. You don't want the cage to be large enough to become erect. It's better if the cage prevents erections as much as is possible. Also, ring size is a big deal. Take a measurement. 45mm seems to be near to average, but even a slight difference can determine if it is agonizingly small or big enough to slip out of accidently. I have a 40, 45, and 50mm. The 50mm is maybe the most comfortable at first, but it allows the cage to slip down too much causing discomfort and sometimes balls slip out. The 40mm is very hard to get on. My testicles are too large to comfortably fit through the opening, and the process of putting it on or off hurts. It's also a bit tight, but I might choose it if I wasn't freaked out about the possibility of not being able to get out of it if my testicles swell. This leaves me in the 45, which is probably slightly bigger than ideal, but good enough. I'm saying all this because at first, I found the 45 to be much too tight, but after some experience, I think it's slightly loose. Your idea of a good fit will evolve quickly at first.

Expect to have some trial and error finding a good fit, but also expect discomfort at first even if you have a perfect fit. You are likely to have to try many different options before settling on one that works for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice