Advice about electro toys

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by LadyFedora, Oct 27, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. LadyFedora

LadyFedora Lady Fedora

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    Okay, so I've been using electro toys for quite a while now. Owned a few units, most of them sucked really ;) but they were cheap and nice to try out the basic stuff.
    Last year I bought a better power unit, but last weekend... it broke... (so not really better after all ;) )

I'd like to know if there or other people here that are into electro play, and what power unit they have or would recommend? What is the go-to brand or type?

What I'd love is for it to have at least 4 channels, so I can use a lot of toys. And it should be durable, have enough options to try out, but not be impossible to control because of 9999 buttons ;)

And while we're at it, does anyone own an electro buttplug? I've owned two, but for both of them I was pretty disappointed about the results. (I've also tried them myself, as I do with most of my toys, so I do know what I'm talking about ;) ) What kind do you all use?

Love to hear your advice :)

Chat408 likes this.
  2. KeySafe

KeySafe Owner of: keysafe.com and tpe.com among others.

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    8:11 AM
    Disclaimer: I will soon offer for sale a new power box of my own design called the Centipede 416. There is a long detailed thread on Fetlife about it, if anyone is interested.

As to currently available power boxes, the one nearly everyone likes best, is the ET-312, from ErosTek. It only has two output channels, so you will need two boxes to get the four channels you want. It has been around for a long time, and holds up well, and is easy to use.

As to electro butt plugs, I recommend the quad plug from Folsom. It has contacts for two channels, and can provide a large range of sensations.

3. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    We bought a cheap electro toy demo extreme restraints. it has 4 leads. I have noticed that when all four leads are on, the sensation is diminished. Any idea why?

4. KeySafe

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    I suspect the answer is contained in your question: "cheap electro toy". Assuming your batteries are in good shape, it's likely that the unit is just not able to drive all four outputs to full strength at the same time.

5. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    Boo! Yea the batteries are brand new! Im leery of using it on @Thatguyontheinternet because it doesn't see consistent. If you put more pressure on a lead, you can get a strong zap too, even when on the lowest setting.

6. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap. Spend some money and get a well built unit

7. KeySafe

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    Lead connections are extremely important. A poor connection will concentrate the electrical energy into a small space. A few suggestions:

If using 'sticky pad' connections, consider applying electro-gel before applying the pad. You can also cover these pads with clear tape to make a tighter connection. Also waiting several minutes after application, with cause the skin to sweat a bit under the pad, which will improve the connection.

If using the 'blue bands', soak them on salty water before applying.

8. occorics

occorics Long term member

computer-science
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm very happy with my Estim-Systems 2B. Nice thing is, that there's free software to control it and even the protocol is available.
    Regarding buttplugs... I have a Mystim Twisting Tom. I especially like the perineum contacts.
    However, the 2B is a bit weak for anal play when it's running on battery, but it's good with the power supply they're selling.

Love&Passion likes this.
  9. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    The number of channels isn't the most important factor by far. Most people go for a second device anyway if they want 4 channels as the most popular devices have 2 channels max. And if it's just about the number of electrodes: You can use almost as many as you want with a 2 channel box if you have the right connectors and if your box is strong enough to support them.

To me it is most important for a power box to have a audio in connector (ideally stereo and not mono !). Why so ? Because without it you just have a certain amount of built in programs to use. With this connector you could use musicfiles or even better certain software (like smartstim) to control your device.
    Why is this important ? Because the build in programs of devices susually are total crap if you want to use them for more than just inflicting pain. They don't always hurt - not at all, but they are not dynamic and therefore as much dull your sensations over time as they give pleasure. Tith the software instead you can use custom made files that are shared on certain boards and which are way more sophisticated. Even better you can edit those files to even more suit your purposes and feelings (everyone experiences the same file the same way - even if the electrode settings etc. are the same)or with some experience even create files on your own....

If you want even more erostek and estim systems have their high end devices that can be even remote controlled via internet, but that's rather a gimnick.

1. What plugs did you use ?
    2. What other electrodes did you use at the same time ?
    3. What kind of program / file did you use ?
    4. What kind of effect did you expect / want ?

I think most people are often disappointed using a estim plugs for the fist time. And there are plenty of reasons for it.

The most important might be that almost every estim-plug (even the expensive ones) are completetly crap - at least as you can buy them.

To understand why that is so you must understand that for the experice the placement of your electrodes is most important. Placing or connecting them in a wrong way and a program that was pure delight last time might become a complete mess.

Therefore you have to think about what area of your body you want to stimulate and what effect you want to experience.

If you f.e. would want to stimulate your subs prostate you would need a plug that stimulates just this tiny spot - ont larger than a 1€ coin and exactly at the right space. There is no comercial electrode that can do this from start, but with some skill, conductive tape , latex glue etc. you could change common plug into great e-stim electrodes. A lot easier is another way: get yourself f.e. some liquid latex and cover the areas of the electrode you don't want to be conductive.
    This is no lasting solution, but a fast and really easy way to make good use of comercial electrodes (glugs).

But the most important question is: What did you expect to happen ?
    There are quite some ways you can use plugs. F.e. you can simply use them to stimulate you and bring you to orgasm. For this the easiest way would be to use a plug with a monopolar electrode that's directed toward your belly / clitoris. Combined with this plug you could use some pads around your clitoris.
    On the other hand there are plugs with 3 or 4 poles that can give you some king of feeling as if you get fucked (at least similar) by stimulating you muscles. And it should be obvious that for this you have to use a plug with a different build (electrode placement) and different files on your tens unit.

We ourself have 2 ET312B as well as a 2B power unit. But even if I myself do prefer the ET-312B I yould recommend the 2B or some other device from e-stim systems. The difference you experience is quite small, but the difference in the price - especially for starters - is quite big. Especially as the ET-312b nowadays costs about 599$. Beeing from Europe not including shipping, tax and custom duties....

Last but not least: Always use some lube on electrodes for a better connection. Doesn't have to be some 'electro gel' as long as it is water based.

lock667 likes this.
  10. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    Astarte's advice is really good.
    I can vouch for the ET312B too. Very powerful with lots of settings, and I never found just two channels a problem. There is also a tri-phase set-up which is supposed to be a bit like three channels, though I found it interesting rather than amazing. Metal plugs work well.
    Anyway, my power unit hasn't seen any action for a while. Such things are probably out of bounds for me now. ;)

11. LadyFedora

LadyFedora Lady Fedora

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Okay, thanks for all the replies, let me answer them:

I did a quick Google search and came up with this power unit, is that the once you're talking about?

https://erostek.com/collections/power-units/products/et312b-digital-power-unit

It looks complicated I guess, but maybe I'm mistaking and my dear sub could explain it all to me.

Didn't find the buttplug you're talking about, do you maybe have a link for me so I can look at it?

Why would that not be the most important factor? If I want to attach a bipolar buttplug, bipolar cock toy and some pads, wouldn't 2 channels be a problem? And you talk about "the right connectors"... which are the right connectors? ;)

This is what I mean when I say "I want a unit that is easy to control" I have no idea how to do all this, use music files or software. How all that would work I have no idea. Let alone how I would ever incorporate that into a nice play session. I just want to put some toys on him, attach the wires and press a button or 2 ;)

I don't really remember the brands or anything. But I think I tried three. Two of them metal, one of them looked a bit like this one:
    http://www.currentpleasures.com/collections/insertables/products/accessories-black-vaginal-probe

Other electrodes I don't remember, think I just tried it out without other electrodes. And which program I certainly don't remember. ;)
    What I expected from the toy was what you describe a few lines after, I expected it to give sort of a 'being fucked' feeling. Having the muscles clench together on the plug. But only one give that feeling a little bit, the other, truth be told, I hardly felt even on a pretty high setting.

It sounds like you know a lot about all this, and I guess one of the advantages for you is that you know how all this works. I'm not really into all these technical things, so for me it's important that it's easy to use. And yes, of course, if someone explains it to me I would learn it eventually, but right now I would just really like to know what would be worth spending my money on :)

The 2B device you talk about is this one? http://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17

Thanks again all of you for the replies :)

lock667 likes this.
  12. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    I'm interested if you'd like to PM me the link. Thanks

13. KeySafe

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    Yes, that is the unit I was referring to. It may seem complicated, but I am sure you will get comfortable with it rather quickly.

look for this item:
    BP-Lx4 "Four Banger"
    on this page:
    http://www.folsomelectricompany.com/PlugsMen.aspx

14. LadyFedora

LadyFedora Lady Fedora

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    Thanks. Now I know which one you're talking about. That one is actually pretty small for my likings ;) haha

15. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    Hi LadyFedora,
    You have the right link to the Erostek ET-312B unit.

Although it has loads of features, it really is very simple to use, you don't need to access the advanced features to have fun with it. If you want, you can simply just put two electrodes in and apart from adjusting the power level, everything is all set.

The main features are:
    1. Altering the mode - which changes the sensations the unit delivers. So for example, some sensations are just a constant flow of power and hence stimulation, others cycle the power so it feels like waves (it feels a bit like the electricity is climbing along and inside the person wearing the electrodes), pulses - long and short.
    2. Altering the frequency - this is hard to describe but it's a bit like on low frequency the electro feels a bit 'spikey' and not very pleasant through to extremely warm and tingling. It's almost like it affects how the nerves are "vibrated" by the current.
    3. Altering the power and hence the strength of the sensations - from you can't feel it, through mild, pleasant, firm and ultimately painful.

There are loads of other modes, but in practice mode, frequency and power were all I used most of the time. With the right mode, power level and frequency, it is possible to induce orgasm without touching the person.

I did some Googling for the metal Erostek plugs and they might be discontinued but other companies make them.

The other term it's worth knowing is that some electrodes are unipolar - which means they don't work alone and need another electrode to complete the circuit - and bipolar which means there is an entry and exit point on the electrode and they can be used by themselves.

The comments you've seen on the different connectors for the electrodes refer to the fact that each estim manufacturer uses a slightly different way of connecting electrodes to the power units, and to mix and match you need adapters. This is not as complicated as it sounds. So if you only bought electodes made by Erostek then they work perfectly with the Erostek power units. But there are other more creative manufacturers of electrodes (in my view) like PES, but to use PES electrodes with an ET-312B you need wires that have a jack end and a snap connector end. Here's an example:
    http://www.currentpleasures.com/collections/3-5-mm-accessories-eros-tek-pinook-etc

With a two channel box, common set ups are to attach electrodes to the top and base of the penis and simply run current up and down that, and to use a plug in the same way. Or it's possible to wire up electrodes on the penis to those on a plug and run the power through the prostate. Part of the fun is experimenting.

It's possible to estim in chastity, depending on the device and being able to attach the electrodes to the skin. I haven't tried but I expect that devices that completely cover the whole penis might be more tricky, though butt plugs would still be an option.

I can promise you it really isn't that technical. The ET-312B comes with a very helpful manual. The only downside is the cost but I've had mine for about six years and never regretted the initial expense.

16. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    For E-Stim beeing really pleasurable it's a little bit more work than just pushing 2 buttons - especially as you have to understand the basics like electrodeplacement in the first place. But using your estim unit with smartstim software isn't any harder than using the basics of your smartphone (as long as you don't intend to create sessions of your own; but there are quite a lot to download for free and try out).
    - Just connect your power unit with a common audio cable to your notebook
    - Start your power unit and select one of the audio in options (2 buttons)
    - Start the software and select one of the sessions you downloaded before (1 doubleclick)
    - Place the electrodes as you think best for this session file
    - Hit start and adjust theground power level on your power unit (should you use a rermote cable you don't even have to do this once you set it up - except for starting the session / file)

Of course the software might look overwhelming and there are lots of options to alter sessions in any way, but you don't to have youse that to have fun.

In this example you are right, that 3 channels yould be best, but using y-connectors you can work around this problem. This way you could f.e. use 4 electrodes on channel 1 instead of 2. You have to have a power unit with enough power to support 4 electrodes on the same channel, but with the312B oder the 2B that's possible.
    The only setback is that you have is that shose 4 electrodes would act in unison and you can't program them in a different way. But for most commercial 4 channel devices I know that isn't possible anyway and in my opinion that yold be a better way for starters who don't even know if they like e-stim than buing an additional device for up to 600$...

What you describe is the premium class and not easy to achieve. Usually you create some prickling or humming feeling with estim are those are easiest to create and control. Creating muscle contractions - at least if we are speaking about a certain pattern that is pleasurable and where are no sparks (feelings as if you get pinched) - is a lot harder.

The easiest question to answer is why you didn't even feel anything / muscle contractions: You might have stimmed a region where it's hard to stimulate muscles (unlikely ;)), you could have used a bad electrode (and even if the one you linked is rather crap at least some kind of contraction should work with it) and last but not least: You used a wrong power unit !
    Never use any power unit that uses batteries as this is always a bad sign. Go for some with battery packs (I hope that's the right term in english^^) as they offer a LOT more power for a longer period of time.

As for the right plugs I would advise the one from folsom ( http://www.folsomelectricompany.com/PlugsWomen.aspx ). They are among the best you can buy. Certainly not as good as well made diy electrodes, but quite good nevertheless. Using "four banger" plugs though I advise experimenting somewhat covering some parts of the eelectrodes with liquid latex etc. as mentioned before. That way you can change the current flow and how your muscles get stimulated so that the sentation might become even better.

Gruß Astarte

17. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    As for the software I was speaking about here's a picture of it:

SmartStim.jpg
    Might look complicated, but the essentials are really easy.
    - make your 10 GBP donation to get access, download it an follow the installing instructions in the manual
    - connect to the network and download all sessions possible to make them accessible while offline (might be about 400 session files available in the network;leaving those out you can get elsewhere)
    - after you connect your estim unit via audio cable with your notebook you can now select asession / track in the "session and track manager" and hit start. The left "manual control" will show you the settings used by the selected file. It can be used to experiment with the settings and to modify the selected file, but that not necessary. Even without that you will have about 4000+ tracks available instead the usual ~10 programs powerunits usually have

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice