Access Denied - 'Forever Mens' - Review

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by LockedAndDenied, Mar 8, 2021.

1. LockedAndDenied

LockedAndDenied New member

Local Time:
    6:57 AM
    Hi everyone! I created this account and am posting this review in hopes of being able to help others when deciding on a new full steel belt; especially considering there are no recent reviews regarding this manufacturer. Spoiler alert, I am very disappointed with the product and customer service I have received and would recommend purchasing a belt elsewhere.

Let me elaborate.

Initially, my experience with Access Denied was positive. The website was easy to navigate and I received replies to my inquiries within a day or two. I ordered during the peak of the pandemic so I understood the delays it took to get my order. I sent several emails during this approximate four month period and always received informative replies within a couple of days.

When the belt finally arrived, it was beautiful and fit me perfectly. I had no complaints whatsoever and had even wrote up a very positive review which I was planning on posting to this site. I am happy that I waited.

One month later, the rear cable snapped off as I was walking in my house. Upon inspection of the cable, it appeared as though it had become rusted where it met with the crotch shield. I estimate that I had worn the belt for a total of ten hours over the past month so I was completely shocked that it had broken so soon after receiving it.

I immediately sent an email to Access Denied advising them of this and asking if it could be covered under their warranty period (their website states a warranty of 90 days). I received a reply stating that they would replace it under warranty and not to worry. Eventually, I was told that the cable would be made and sent just before Christmas, 2020.

Since then, I have not heard from Access Denied nor have I received my replacement cable.

Sitting three months now since my last email from them, I think I am left with a useless broken belt. I have sent countless emails with no response. Being my first full belt, I have even gone so far as to offer to fully pay for the cost of the cable and shipping. No reply.

I am still hopeful that I will hear from Access Denied and will be sure to update this review if that happens.

2. Mauiperson

Mauiperson Long term member

Physician
    Maui
    Local Time:
    12:57 AM
    Feel bad for you. I have to admit that people who do full belts are super committed. Is there a DIY repair possible ?

3. LockedAndDenied

Local Time:
    I think it may be possible but it is a little beyond my technical know how at the moment.

4. kavana

kavana Member

Local Time:
    3:57 AM
    I got no reply too. they said somehow it would take 8 weeks to get the belt. now is more than 12 weeks, I see nothing. no belt no reply. what happen to them?

5. LockedAndDenied

Local Time:
    Sorry to hear that, terrible customer service. It took me about 4 months to receive mine but they returned my emails at that point. Keep a watch on how long it has been since you paid for the belt. You have 180 days from when you paid for it to file a dispute with PayPal. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to file a dispute.

6. MyChase

MyChase Member

Professional Knowledge Worker
    USA
    Local Time:
    5:57 AM
    My wife had a problem with an order and communication with access denied also, we canceled the order before manufacturing started. They issued a full refund. I then ordered from my steel and have been very happy with the belt.

We were going with access denied due to the lower cost, guess the saying you get what you pay for is true. We were also considering neosteel but honestly could not figure out their website.

John likes this.
  7. kavana

kavana Member

Local Time:
    I do have one from access denied, and it is totally unwearable.
    they mess up the measurement, bad quality. the edge cut my finger when I try to wear it.
    I can't believe it is a belt paid more than $700.
    so far I still haven't got any response from their customer service.
    once they sell it they don't care about you any more.

MyChase likes this.
  8. LockedAndDenied

Local Time:
    Little update to my review above. Access Denied did FINALLY provide me with a replacement cable (it took over 8 MONTHS to make and arrive).

In summary, I originally bought the belt in April 2020. Over the past 20 months, the belt has been wearable (i.e. not broken) for about 30-40 days. Needless to say, I do not recommend Access Denied to anyone. For a few hundred dollars more, you can purchase a My Steel belt which is MUCH better quality, manufactured quickly (mine took less than a month from when I ordered it to when it arrived at my door) and better customer service.

John and Guest 2684 like this.
  9. kavana

kavana Member

Local Time:
    how agree to your opinions!!!

10. Unlockable one?

Unlockable one? Active member

Local Time:
    10:57 PM
    I'm nearly positive that access denied are now manufactured alongside fancy steel, I had one and would never get another crap quality poor design and finish.
    Like others I cut myself (essentially a sheet metal cut, so healed fine), never got it do fit right, couldn't sit as it cut off circulation to my legs.

The MD of the company is only interested in making and selling to find his attempt to get into adult films, beyond that, they don't care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice