A Tipping Point or A Point of No Return?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by sixofthebest, Feb 23, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. sixofthebest

sixofthebest Long term member

In Early and Well-Earned Retirement
    Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
    Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    In nature, there are two carnivorous plants that trap their prey only when a combination of hairs are triggered (Venus Fly Trap) or when the prey moves far enough down the slope of the interior of their body that it slides in and can not escape (Pitcher Plant.) I've been thinking about this as P and I move farther down the chastity trail. For years and years, I fantasized about this and didn't communicate. Then I communicated and learned that P was willing to explore. Now, in a much shorter time than I ever thought possible, it is clear that P is enjoying this - especially the transfer of power. This morning, after I had been unlocked for two days to let some chafing heal, P told me to be ready to be locked when she got home. For some reason I was feeling a little cranky and told her I didn't want to. She stopped applying her makeup, turned to me and in an eerily cold voice told me that I was never to say "No." to her and that I would, without question or complaint, be ready to be locked when she got home. Wow. Have I triggered the "trap"?

So, a few questions to my new friends here, key holders and locked alike. Was there a moment when you knew that you had reached a tipping point and that you were no longer experimenting or playing at chastity and you were in a serious chastity relationship? How did you know? How did you react? What did it feel like?

Jamie

2. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Interesting question.

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  3. iome343

iome343 Long term member

Italy
    Local Time:
    10:54 AM
    Good point of discussion

4. Consensus

Consensus Long term member

Working with vulnerable people
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:54 AM
    No tipping point at this end, but I got a similar feeling when my emlalock session was unexpectedly adopted last week. I know I'm still paddling in the shallow end, but I did realise I'd reached a new critical point.

5. Allen1987

Allen1987 All for Her

Machinist
    Massachusetts USA
    Local Time:
    4:54 AM
    After 5.5 years of I guess you would call 'playing" she wanted me to get a full
    belt. Shortly after that She locked it for the first time with quite a grin and I have
    had no key since then. It was a chilling feeling watching Her. I felt like Oh what's
    up now. I learned a lot in the next 121 days of not being released. It was scary
    and wonderful at the same time. That was the beginning of what you would call
    serious. I would never want to go back.:+1:

6. Jinkyu

Jinkyu Long term member

Seattle area
    Local Time:
    1:54 AM
    Years of topping her in bed or her reluctantly topping me. She's been doing kinky stuff for me the whole time with mild to no interest in it herself. We get into chastity and a bit later, she's totally into being the boss.

The tipping points are little things all over. Making me bend over and swatting my ass if i do or say something wrong, telling me im in trouble if i stay unlocked after PIV, chiding me for my attitude after PIV and threatening to not bother unlocking me.

I keep having one of these tipping point moments but she always seems one-up the moment after a while so it actually gets hard to remember them all.

Consensus likes this.
  7. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    Nice. It just takes the right approach

8. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    We were chatting about her being a bit jealous, I was going to a high school reunion while I was on vacation. She had a run of terrible luck with partners, and we hadn’t really been dating that long. It wasn’t a matter of trust, it was more of a matter of not wanting to feel that way again.

I joked with her that my dick was locked in an inescapable steel cage. She said “yeah but you could just use your emergency key”. I told her that she would know if I did. She said “it just doesn’t seem like control if you can get out of it any time YOU want.”

I could see her point and from then on she held all the keys. That was a pretty serious “we’re not playing around anymore” moment.

Another moment, that sticks with me, came from her change of heart. A long time ago we were discussing what she would do if I cheated my chastity. We had just started chastity and I think the topic came from a thread here. Her response was that she would hand the key back and be done with all of it. Then one day out of the blue probably a year later, she said “If you came without permission I wouldn’t give your key back, I think you wouldn’t cum for a year and you would have one very red ass!” I laughed, and she said “I’m serious, we are never going back, and it would be at least a year.” That’s when it hit me that the cage would be part of my life forever.

9. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    we had one of them fly trap plants but it died after a bit and I dint like it very much really. I like tipping point on the telly. I think as well that if you love and trust the one thats got your keys it dont matter really dose it.

10. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    Consensus, What a thrill that must have been. Quite the transfer of control. Did you shudder a little? Spine tingle? Heart flutter?

Consensus likes this.
  11. Giveitup

Giveitup Long term member

Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    I am patiently, quietly and gently pushing my love toward where you are now at, so I am behind you on your path a bit. @Nicoftime is past that point. I am already thinking about my reaction when something like your situation occurs. Obviously I don't know you, or P - but I know my better-half. It would be exactly that make or break moment that you are clearly aware of... Say 'yes' and you're down the road to chastity, and perhaps an FLR, being a long-term part of your lives. Say 'no' and you'll break things for a bit, but it is likely to be recoverable.

The issue that I see here is that if you comply, the more time that passes, the harder it will be on your relationship if you decide it is not for you. If you bail on it now, you'll have some patching up to do, some possible anger and resentment, "I thought you wanted this!" but I think it would be easier to recover now than when it becomes more deeply ingrained.

Consider your options well. Yes, there's the thrill, the butterflies and the excitement you felt when you first made love to her. But, there are consequences from here on out. Be mindful of both. I know I will have to be. Good luck!

Nicoftime and tiruh811 like this.
  12. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    Giveitup, Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I look forward with interest and the very best of wishes in your journey with your wife. Perhaps we can all celebrate together when she turns the key and you are locked.

This is all much like a foggy dream to me right now. All those years imagining what this might actually be like, and now getting an "up close and personal" taste of the real thing. You nailed it with your thought about butterflies. I think, though, that I am rather at the point where I want to submit and allow the trap to close around me. That it seems as if it already has begun to brings remarkable joy and peace.

For years, P has beaten me severely within the context of BDSM play. She has gotten off on it - the unmistakable physical signs have been there since we met in high school. Now she beats me within the contexts of domestic discipline and BDSM. When new canes or other implements are ordered, she is just as excited and sometimes more excited than I am about their arrival. It is a rarity to not have welts, bruises, and a few scabs to show for her efforts. I absolutely love this and adore her for it. On top of this, when she meets a transgression that crosses her personal line that separates play from genuine, judicial type punishment she sends me to a professional disciplinarian who - believe it or not - takes things to an entirely different realm. When a doctor's visit or some other event makes it necessary to let everything heal to the point of clear skin, I am lost without the beatings and the marks. I am grateful to my disciplinarian for her time and effort (though being under her discipline is breath taking, tear spilling agony while it is happening) and I love my wife like no other for who she is and how she makes me feel always safe, secure, and loved. I strive every day to be a good, strong, and loving husband for her.

I am now coming to see chastity as a natural extension of what has been a part of our lives since we met so many decades ago. It transcends play and is a profound method for P to use as she adds to the control she already has over me. The triggers have been tripped, the turning point - while fresh - has passed. Surely the romance of it all will subside as time passes and perhaps chastity will fade somewhat into the routine of life. The thing is, it seems it will be ever-present, just like P and just like the rest of the love she shares with me every day. I've trusted her in every way. There is no reason to not extend trust here as well. I welcome the passing of the turning point.

13. iambad

iambad Active member

Local Time:
    I think you answered your own questions.... Congratulations!!!

14. Consensus

Consensus Long term member

Working with vulnerable people
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It was indeed. And yes, yes it was. Totally unexpected and very very scary. I recall just going dry-mouthed and my eyes widened at the thought - especially as I was expecting the session to end on that day or the next - and then it was rapidly up to two weeks and beyond. I shivered thinking about it and went through the day in a bit of a daze. But it somehow felt... right. My heart didn't just flutter, it pounded for the rest of the day.

It did a similar thing when the Holder suggested a second session then offered it and I accepted it. Suddenly realising that after a week and four days on Emlalock, itself three days after I locked myself up for a four day try-out, I was straight back in and locked for another two week starting session but with no way of keeping track of duration. I'm three days in as of tonight (or near as dammit) and my heart hasn't really stopped pounding when I think of it.

A bit of a plunge!

Reading the rest of these posts is fascinating too.

Elephantdonkey likes this.
  15. asimpleman23

asimpleman23 Long term member

Local Time:
    in my case, the minute She Said "yes" when I begged her to take me into Her chastity. She never spoke about release - it became abundantly clear it was 'forever'. that was a revelation - to be Wanted in that way, so personally, so completely. 3.5 months so far. a simply remarkable ride. : )

Elephantdonkey and Consensus like this.
  16. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    It was electric, wasn't it? An event like that alters the fabric of your being. Your life changes. You're in the deep end of the pool and she's your life preserver. There is so - much - joy in this. How is it that it isn't more widespread?

Dumb1 and Consensus like this.
  17. asimpleman23

Local Time:
    well: I still feel like my own man. and, like any commitment, it must renew itself daily to maintain its power to influence one's thoughts and feelings. so I can't characterize Her as my life preserver. could certainly say She was a lighthouse, though. : )

Slave to a Goddess and Consensus like this.
  18. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    I like your analogy better.

19. asimpleman23

Local Time:
    our lives become analogy and metaphor in the chastity game, do they not? : )

good stuff. : )~

Slave to a Goddess and Consensus like this.
  20. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    Several, over time. Usually when my wife has made one of her rare utterances about our relationship:

"Would you consider always doing sex this way?" - that took me by surprise and I fluffed it.

"I can't imagine living any other way" that was two years into our FLR and I agreed.

"Deal with it, Giles!" when I complained that a 1 month adventure in permanent chastity seemed to have changed into actual permanent chastity. I was turned on utterly.

In hindsight, each change happened after I managed to hand Xena real power with little or no overhead. With regards to chastity in particular, as soon as the device was 100% practical and required no responsible decision making from Xena, she suddenly became very firm about the device staying on.

21. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    "as soon as the device was 100% practical and required no responsible decision making from Xena, she suddenly became very firm about the device staying on."

This is an interesting and highly informative statement. I think I understand what you mean about responsible decision making; however, it would be helpful if you would please elaborate?

22. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    Basically, if there's any doubt about practicality, then the keyholder has the burden of making practical decisions around her partner's welfare, and possibly your joint economic security. Most people, no matter how dominant, don't welcome extra responsibility (though some people do!).

So much as Xena liked me in chastity, she was always a bit irritated by responsibility of being a keyholder, and also second guessed herself, which was again irritating.

Once I had demonstrated that I could wear the device 24/7 for weeks on end, with no issues building up (i.e. things like chafing that was OK, but needed a break to heal), and no problem functioning professionally, then the that freed her to do whatever suited her, which turned out to be to seal me in indefinitely.

I strongly suspect that where there's a momentum towards FLR, most bottlenecks are practical like that. For example, Xena was very happy to take charge once she understood that I'd still mostly behave like a normal husband, and any protocol would enhance rather than complicate her life.

iome343 and Consensus like this.
  23. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    This is remarkably useful information.

I do see in P (my wife) some of the same mindset that Xena has. P has predicated this entire adventure on open and clear communication, and my obedience to her. She has told me on two occasions that my telling her that I need out to recover from irritation has built trust and allowed her to not be anxious about having me locked. She does examine where I tell her the irritation or chaffing is just to be sure additional care isn't needed and to ensure I'm not being a piker. So far, she hasn't judged a claim of irritation to be unworthy of release. I really don't want out - the cage has become an extension of her. I hope she never thinks I'm faking it.

So, to sum it up then: Help to minimize the work-a-day effort involved in key holding. Do not allow the chastity regimen to interrupt the normal flow and function of the relationship or the household. Be truthful about issues around wearing, and work toward a "normal" that includes being locked long term without physical or emotional issues. Help her see that this "normal" exists so she is comfortable and happy with it. Do I have it?

slutsarah and Consensus like this.
  24. Miffy

Miffy Long term member

Local Time:
    Yes-that's how it began for me-if you achieve everything you have summarised above then you may quickly be in the 'be careful what you wish for' phase!

25. sixofthebest

Local Time:
    Thanks Miffy - that is gratifying know. BTW, your Avatar is HOT!

Consensus and Miffy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice