A summary of the various premium belt manufacturer situations

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by zbovka, Oct 5, 2022.

?

What belts do you own?

1. Other Chinese

44 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Cable type (FS style knockoff)

14 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Cocoon

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. FetishTools

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Yooka

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Fancy Steel (Original)

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. NeoSteel

30 vote(s)
    29.7%
  8. MySteel

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  9. Carrara

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. Other

30 vote(s)
    29.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    #1 zbovka, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    * Jura: He only makes the cocoon line. Terrible delivery dates and sparse communication, you may not hear from him for a year, but has the best penis tube design on the planet currently, aided by doctors and playdough anatomical analysis or something. They're the first premium manufacturer I've ordered from so far and will keep you updated through their main thread. He will not improve upon his design on request unfortunately (e.g. the tail piece) because it takes too much time and effort or something.

* FetishTools looks promising but the designer wasn't willing to take on a similar design to jura's out of respect (fair enough) or improve upon it, and AFAIK has only made ball trap type designs to date, but is otherwise the best (good rear design, hinge joints for ease of access etc.). Like Jura, he manufactures in china but unlike jura most of the parts are 3D printed, then sanded down and polished. Their swedish (I think) owner doesn't seem to communicate much with his Chinese manufacturer and there's a bit of a communication problem going on, everything is machine translated. FT's designs are probably the most expensive currently (~1000 USD) after jura's cocoon (~1000-1200) but claims he will build your dream belt for a custom cost. The owner has an account on this website. I haven't gotten confirmation yet but the Chinese manufacturer seems to be @SS19125. FT's website has some interesting promises such as quick order-to-door time, which as you know jura's infamous for being terrible at.
    Unlike other manufacturers, apparently he will send you updates on the fly as the device gets manufactured and will communicate blueprints with you if you order custom. But then again, there is that language barrier.

* Yooka, also from china 3D prints a very interesting adjustable/modular hybrid flexible/semi rigid belt design, has some notable flaws typically found in injection 3D printing, and costs somewhere around $100 USD to $300, and $600 to $800 if you purchase using an unofficial intermediary, a somewhat rude and prideful "shanghai mistress" with an email address referring herself as a doctor and will demand for skype details before even considering talking to you. She's been advertising a lot lately to various chastity related communities, maybe she's trying to milk the most out of the us as of late.
    That aside, if you're interested in a totally non-metal belt, Yooka's probably your best bet at the moment since there really aren't any others (although there is a few users on this forum that made their own 3D printed designs recently), and from what I've seen about, they do use good materials at least and haven't heard of any breakages yet.

* Neosteel's original owner passed away just last year or so. The take-over by a colleague hasn't been going well apparently, just search this forum for updates on the topic. They're known for modular (swappable part) "system" line but they are perhaps their best line of belts are the "fun" and its predecessor "climate" spaceless series. The chinese knock-off equivalent is often called the "protector" - which I don't exactly recommend as they keep breaking, and shouldn't necessarily be compared to the Neosteel design, but there are still nevertheless a few major fundamental flaws in a few sections shared between the knockoff and the original - and even Jura, the manufacturer of the cocoon belt has had experience repairing fractures from wear and tear combined with neosteel's manufacturing process.
    All those problems aside, they were going to be my second option to purchase from if the whole going dark thing didn't happen.

* Fancy Steel is an innovator, basically inventing the "steel cable" flexible and (mostly) comfortable designs, however according to many reviews, Fancysteel's quality isn't really worth the price and there's really no point to buying theirs anymore. As much as I'd like to advertise a "local" business and that they were innovative while it lasted, their designs still have the same fundamental flaws that the chinese knock-offs have, but unlike the chinese knock-offs which you can purchase for less than $40 USD if you look hard enough, FS's cost more than 10x the price.

* MySteel's belt are still stuck in older generation being modified female belt designs with a half tube stuffed into it. They all have the neoprene falling off issue and somehow having a rubber thing going around an exposed bit of metal section somehow became the standard, unless you order their heavy line series with no neoprene, which is more or less still the same fundamental design but thicker.
    Generally MySteel alongside the FS style cable designs are the most popular among women nowadays.

* Carrara is also a fairly original design but for some reason isn't popular, and I don't know any notable users who own one and I've never read a review of one. They do have an undesirably chonky locking plate which will become a major sweat trap in the summer heat which is why I've mostly looked away from their designs.

* Tobbe's belts still looked like they were hammered into shape in some dude's garage and almost always come with teething problems. Tobbe seems to be an active user on the unwed chastity forums (which talks about actual legitimate lifestyle issues with permanent wear more so than here where everybody just talks about stupid cages, so please don't flood their website discussion with horny males). I believe tobbe only makes female belts now, but I can't remember how to access his website because his website probably hasn't been updated in 20 years, and really isn't a popular design. I should also mention he's one of the few manufacturers who also uses padding that isn't neoprene.

* Behind Barz is more of a hybrid cage/belt design than a full belt. I don't know much about them unfortunately, but I don't like their designs personally, especially with the way the penis is held in place and how it is protected.

_____

Inactive:
    * Access Denied no longer makes belts, they just sell chinese knockoffs now ironically (seriously don't even buy from them anymore). They probably realised its more economical to their business model if they do this unfortunately. (Access Denied brand technically died out some 15 years ago but it was revived by an australian manufacturer, which I thought was probably the same one as fancy steel) and besides their men's belt designs honestly kinda suck. Dee Luvbight is probably the most famous wearer for the "original" access denied series because Mick published around a thousand images of his wife on his old website (no longer accessible). Mick recently opened up a reddit account and has been somewhat active lately, and has said they now have a vanilla relationship.
    Imo, they had some of the best looking (but not the most practical) female belt designs and has notable flaws in both their female and male designs (e.g. there's nothing stopping your labia from being crushed if the secondary plate gets bent or sat on in a particular way)

* Tollyboy, alongside MySteel are probably the most featured belt designs found on websites like BloodAngels. Has gone AWOL since 2019 but hasn't manufactured since 2013 or so.

* LockedinSteel has gone AWOL since 2011 or so.

I probably missed a few but these are the ones from the top of my head.

Let me know if I missed any others out there.

2. Chaste Nole

Chaste Nole Long term member

Florida
    Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Really like the "overall" thread here for belt comparison. I've had experiences with many of these belts plus BBRZ, figured it worthwhile to share a few thoughts.

1) Jura Cocoon - fantastic design, crotch module is comfortable and snug, even while sitting. Fit/finish is excellent, no rough edges, things fit very tightly but do fit. Problem area - communication and timely order fulfillment. Jura seems to be operating again now, he even got back to me with a discounted offer to provide larger/longer waistbands as I unfortunately "grew" over the 2 years it took to take delivery.

2) FetishTools - I did order one of these and received it after some delay (couple of months). However the fit/finish were very lacking ,scratches in many places, pins wouldn't fit into the waistband hinges, could not get the pin into the crotch module, etc. I agree with zbovka that SS19125 seems to be the manufacturer and this guy also seems to run direct sales via Twitter DM (have not tried). On the + side, FT worked with me to return the belt and provided a full refund. I would consider doing business with them again, however, their website appears to be down presently, not sure what that means for near term operations.

3) Yooka -interesting design, very useful molds/roughs for measurement confirmation and does business over Twitter DM. I'm expecting a delivery in a few weeks, will update CM how it goes.

4) Neosteel - high quality, great fit/finish, tricky measurements and slow communication (while Mr Mende was running it). I have a new crotch module on order with Daniel fronting the business, comms are slow, like 3-4 weeks apart, suspect order fulfillment will likewise be slow. Sounds like they are overwhelmed with business at the moment.

5) MySteel - had/worn a ergonomic model for a week but was very fiddly to fasten, issues with the liners and urine spray/cleanup. Ultimately sold it after 1 month to a board member. Overall do not think the price is anywhere commensurate with the product design/quality

6) Behind Barz - I have the most success (of full belts) with BBRZ, worked with them to have custom funnel spouts and twin wire retainers (versus the rear bar) made up and overall works well. Little pricey of course, but with the recent GBP to USD changes, very favorable. Communication is generally good and the best of all of the above by a mile.

7) Badassworkroom -not a full belt maker, but wanted to mention as I've had great results for custom device including tubes with a glans retaining ring (not into getting a PA) which has proved to be surprisingly effective for a "light device" when a full belt is inconvenient

latexbound and hardbodysub like this.
  3. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    6:32 AM
    BehindBars is indeed a full belt. It is modular, so the cage cover (shaped like a sport cup) and the wire between the cheeks are optional. There are two basic shapes for the cage, and each has its own variations.
    Penis tubes come in different lengths and offer a PA trap modification. There's also a cool "pup tube" variation that holds the penis up and out like it's supposed to be. (Yeah, like I'm going to wear that out in public.) The downward point of the regular penis tube is more comfortable than the curved tube of my Carrara. Reviews consistently rate it as more comfortable than other belts and devices.
    Disclosure: My BB is on order, waiting its turn in the paint shop. I will write a proper subjective report after I've received mine.

hardbodysub likes this.
  4. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    tbh there werent enough poll options, I wanted to differentiate between "only cages" "only chinese cages" "chinese belts" "neosteel fun/comfort" "neosteel other" etc.

But yeah with behind bars, one thing that bothers me is the design of the penis entrapment itself, and is something that also bothers me in regards to cages (if they actually did work for me to begin with) and thats the foreskin problem. There are ways around the issue and is one of the reason why jura's belt won the bet for my first premium belt order, because his penis tube actually/theoretically protects the foreskin with the extended "lip" between the end of the penis tube and the actual drainage hole. A lot of designs that looks like they protect you well end up not doing so unfortunately, and I do put a lot of thought into this.

The weird lack of reliance on a tail piece, while may seem comfortable is a little strange too, because logically you'd be able to shake the belt up and down, which may cause injury but also as a form of masturbation, which granted can be resolved if it fixates onto the testicles, at which uhh, you'll end up losing your testicles if you try that instead which doesn't sound pleasant if you for example bumped your belt on something. Then again with the free-balls full belt design, knocking your testies into the corner of a desk hurts a lot too, so what comes around goes around.

5. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    also holy shit does that sound like a big disappointment
    wait, they give you a mould for measurement even though their designs usually have some fairly decent degree of adjustability? If anything that sounds like overkill and the complete opposite of the above scenario with FT

iggyst00ge likes this.
  6. Cbj

Cbj Member

USA - Pacific West Coast
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wanted to chime in on some of the My-steel opinions. I'm actually the buyer of Chaste Nole's old My-steel belt and I really enjoyed it. Even though it didn't fit as well as I had hoped I resold it and ordered one of up for myself not too long after. While it is the only belt I've ever owned its been great and I've spent days straight in it: work, long drives,sleeping, staying at home, going out and about.

I read that liner concerns come up a lot with My-steel and I don't see it. Its been 10 months of heavy usage on my part and my belt is going on strong without a hitch. Bonding silicone to stainless is difficult but My-steel seems to know what they're doing.

I do wish that prices were less for the belt. While it is a fine product your paying for the talents, skills and time for the belt to be made for you as is the case for any full belt. In terms of material costs I don't think a My-steel belt is more than a few hundred dollars in and of itself.

Fetish, kink or lifestyle. If you like your belt and it actually works then you're all good to go in my book. That being said Id like to buy a Neosteel Arch someday just to have 1 more premium belt to try other than a my-steel.

John and MikeLocked like this.
  7. Deleted member 99096

I messaged Yooka a few weeks ago and no response.
    Are they overwhelmed?
    Is it just me?

8. Timberwoof

Timberwoof Active member

Local Time:
    Zbovka, what is "the foreskin problem" and what is your experience with it and the BehindBarz belt?

9. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    first of all I don't have experience with the BB belt itself since I don't own one, and the foreskin problem is something that exists on all designs without sufficient cage thickness and the issue doesn't necessarily have to be the foreskin itself, if you push your skin at something with a hole in it, your skin will want to poke out through it, and if enough comes out it can become rather sensitive. I ended up getting a bit of a bruise from the time I tried the cage designs (CB6000/HT etc.) - in fact I actually now unfortunately have a bit of a scar because of that.

Additionally, I'm quite the shrinker and a quite squishy when semi-erect and i can fit through the cage on most bar-type designs - in fact I can almost squeeze through the tip on the CB6000 series as weird as it sounds.

Timberwoof likes this.
  10. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Yooka got back to me a few days ago, providing the tracking # for my order. That said it took 5 or 6 days for a response this time versus 1 or 2 previously

11. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Got my Yooka belt today and it fits very well. Comfortable and I can't wiggle out or pull out. Of course this is a non-metal belt so you could cut it, but short of that it is very secure. Also came with a choice of magic locker or padlock type fasteners, I was pleasantly surprised by the former as it removed the dangling padlock situation.

About 5 months end to end, reasonably good communication and mostly stuck to planned timelines all via Twitter DM. The measuring "kit" is really rougher versions of what you see here to confirm the exact position of the crotch piece and waistband size. Reminds me of Jura's measuring kit to an extent and really endorse this idea of sending cheap "mould" type measuring kits to get things just right before creating the more expensive device.

Attached Files:

12. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    wait the waistband is resin reinforced? Also the print quality looks improved compared to shanghai mistresses's photos (they had jaggered edges from the 3D printing processes, meanwhile yours looks like it was mould formed instead)

13. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    Cool, thanks. You said it "came with a choice of magic locker or padlock type fasteners.” Can you show how it fastens and locks in the back? It’s covered up in the photos.

14. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Yes, the finished product is more refined - think this is the "international" version Yooka started advertising in March or so. Combo of hard nylon in the front, softer TPU for part of the waistband and rear straps then hard nylon again for the rear fastener.

I'll get a pic of the locking mechanism shortly - time for a 1st unlock/cleaning/health check for a new belt.

15. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    That seems like a good combination for comfort and security — the soft sections molding to your body where it is nearly impossible for rigid pieces to be comfortable, and hard rigid material used at the critical security points.

16. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Here you can see pics of the locking mechanism -it sits flush with the belt band. The padlock dangles a bit and can move around, the magic locker is recessed into the housing.

Attached Files:

hardbodysub likes this.
  17. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    #17 zbovka, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    I thought i missed a particular famous one.

Mario Lawotski - Only offers measuring in person, no online orders are taken. Latowski's design is supposidly one of the most snug fit designs out there, but reportedly had an issue with the anal opening and/or hinge (which is placed at the bottom, so the belt locks from the hips) catches on clothes and may tear your pants/underwear.

Also something to note from a chinese speaking buyer that wears the belt 24/7 is that the integrated lock rusted in only a month.
    ___

Btw on an unrelated note I saw a pic on twitter as well of a modified cocoon ace, it had a double locking system and thickened waistband (like 3.5mm thick or more). It looked like the modification was added after they received the belt initially, and basically the secondary lock is a sideways-opening cover that prevents anyone from rotating the original lock sideways (which is required to stick the key inside and rotate I believe) and the cover is secured by a standard magic lock. I'll link it when I find it.

edit: I found it rather quickly: @ERGKRxh46V03lGt
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Timberwoof likes this.
  18. w0lver

w0lver Member

Technology
    Atlanta Ga
    Local Time:
    Did you DM him in English? How much did it wind up costing? they have different models of belts where they any options or was it only the 'international' belt?

Thanks!

19. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    Yes, DMd Yooka in English and he replied in kind. There is the international belt (tube only) and also a model which covers the balls

20. LockedN8

LockedN8 Long term member

Retired
    London, UK
    Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    I would like to get some more information about this belt - sizing, materials, options, price etc but I find the Chinese website is impossible to navigate. Also, Registration requires my mobile number, which I am reluctant to give without some assurances about how my number will be used.

21. Chaste Nole

Florida
    Local Time:
    You can check out his Twitter feed for pictures and material descriptions. Sizing is done with initial measurements, he sends a rough cut belt to you for final fitting then the final product. Under $300 including 2 rounds of international shipping.

22. LockedN8

LockedN8 Long term member

Retired
    London, UK
    Local Time:
    2:32 PM
    Thanks. I've tried again to log into the Taobao site but keep getting timed out so have messaged Yooka on their Twitter account,

23. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    any luck?

24. Yaquiran

Yaquiran Member

Local Time:
    As an owner of a Latowski and Neosteel I can give some of my personal experiences with both:

Neosteel: From the start I was worried about the fact they refuse to measure on site anymore and thought I would be taking a gamble with the self measuring kit. Sadly, that worry turned out to be justified. The rear cable was WAY too short (which seemed to be a common problem with other customers), requiring I send it back to Germany at my own expense, and also paying German import tax to do so (which made no sense to me given I'd already purchased it and was only sending it to Mr. Mende to fix).

After the cable was lengthened the belt still didn't fit right. Mr. Mende confirmed that the tube was too small. Despite having used their measuring kit and following the directions, his only solution was paying him full price for a new, larger tube. In addition, the waist band was also the wrong size. I would have to basically purchase a whole new belt to have any chance at a good fit and without on site measuring I gave up on it as an expensive lesson.

Latowski: After the neosteel disaster I wanted a full belt that had on site measuring. Latowski fit the bill but I'd have to fly to Germany. I did so and met Mario and Mona at their home. Upon seeing the small Burg waechter locks they used for the belt I worried they were way too flimsy with lousy security. I brought this concern up to them and offered paying more for a custom design that could house a better padlock. Unfortunately Mario seems very rigid with his design and will not accommodate this type of request. I decided to hope for the best and proceed.

The turnaround time was about four months, but shipment took two months because the German postal service had major problems. When I received the belt, I unfortunately discovered right away that one of the locks was defective and its hasp would not stay locked. This was because the locks are quite frankly trash. The hasps don't even have a double locking mechanism, and the engagement pin inside the lock was chipped. Both locks I could open using a small pair of scissors in place of the key. Apparently, another user of the Latowski reported these locks will rust, that does not surprise me.

I contacted Mona about the defective lock and her only suggestion was I would pay them $65 shipping US for a new set of the same problematic Burg waechter locks. In addition, one of the locking pegs on the belt was not placed at the right location and resulted in the padlock hasp not grabbing it firmly enough to lock securely.

My only options were sourcing replacement locks of a different brand at my own cost until I could procure the Burg Waechter ones which the belt was designed for. Even the replacement Burg Waechter ones had to be filed down on the corners to fit into the housing on the belt. I saw the original ones had been filed down by Mario this way as well. I also had to add a shim to one of them to accommodate the incorrectly positioned locking peg. The replacements at least cannot be opened with scissors but are still easily picked.

This was very disappointing to me because the belt fits like a dream and gives a wonderful feeling when you're encased in it. Unfortunately with the terrible padlocks I cannot recommend them. Their security is nonexistent, and apparently they're not even waterproof. I am still looking for a stainless steel metalworker who would be willing to modify the belt to accommodate a better padlock. The 15mm wide housings leave very little selection for robust, secure locks that will fit.

In short:

Neosteel: Too much risk with measurement and there is pretty much no leeway for measurement error. You have no recourse if it doesn't fit.

Latwoski: Measurement is pretty much perfect. The silicone housing is wonderfully comfy but still snugly secure. Unfortunately the locks used are complete garbage and not secure at all. The Neosteel lock design is far superior. The sides of the Latowski also go up the hips higher and are visible above the pantline, which may be a concern to some.

Fetish and lokdnsteel like this.
  25. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    Btw has anyone here lived long enough to recognise the name "Walter Goethals"? I cant find images on what it looks like but I think it is basically the inspiration behind the carrara design

@Yaquiran:
    That's a shame. Does the burg waechter refers to the built in lock or the simple lug? Considering how old mario would be these days (well, to my knowledge he's been around for a long time) I assume he's probably gone into the mindset of not being bothered to improve further on his design.

If you have the simple locking lug + padlock type of lock, you might be able to browse the net for the best lugguage lock (from the looks on the internet, it may be a 2cm standard lock, which unfortunately doesn't come in much variety) and there are 5-6 pin locks for that size, and if you really wanted to, you could probably custom build your own lock although that requires some knowledge on how locks are made.

If you have the built in one, I assume they're rivetted in, so not much you can do about those I guess.

I've always wanted to ask btw, what are the clear plastic pads near the lock area made from? From the images on the internet they kinda look like those office chair mat kind of material.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice