A Note of Appreciation

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by boisub, Sep 18, 2020.

1. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    I just watched “The Social Dilemma” last night on Netflix. Highly recommended, but pretty depressing and somewhat alarming as well.

It left me with a greater appreciation for this little corner of the internet and the community we have here. For all the froth about which stories are believable, or who might be less than honest in the persona they present here, I think you could make an argument that you see a more “real” view of people here than you get through the highly mediated filters of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Whether or not that’s true, I just wanted to shout out to @L-u-c-y for her stewardship as well as to all the mods for keeping things going, and also to all of us as a community for making this such a welcome harbor.

Happy Friday everyone!

Colton27, Rogu, MrsBR_Saiph and 6 others like this.
  2. Anonoman

Anonoman Active member

Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    I haven’t seen the program but I think this is one of the few corners of the ‘net where people can be themselves but also because If the anonymity that the ‘net gives...

boisub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice