A Locked in Steel Review by EnigmaPOJ

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by enigmaPOJ, Mar 16, 2009.

1. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:10 AM
    Jillian from Locked In Steel has done her research and work into making the best chastity belt Ive ever seen or worn. My LIS belt is my 4th chastity device and my 2nd steel belt. However I have personally seen a Jones belt (built by Bill Jones) and a Hilmer belt. I own and have worn a My-Steel belt plus a CB3k and a CB6k for long term use. (More than several weeks locked.) My LIS belt is a slight curved belt, TS Shield, Vented Standard Tube, and rear chains.
    Hands down, Jillians Locked in Steel belt is the most secure belt Ive experienced. Its extremely well made and solid. When handing over the key to my wife, I know that there is no way Im getting out of it until she unlocks me. (And that is supposed to be how it is!) The belt at first looks simple in design, but after a close inspection, you begin to realize the thought and detail that has been put into it; everything from better drainage of the penis tube to the high quality laser cutting of the belt.

Measuring Process:
    Jillian measured me personally and I highly recommend getting measured this way. She knows every angle and aspect of measuring and even if you think shes wrong about a measurement, shes right. She is very professional and precise. She has lots of experience with different body types and can even help you find the right options for your specific type. Some options are better than others for different body type. Jillian is more interested in getting the right option for your body type than selling options you dont need. For example I thought I would need the high security tube, since Im able to pull out of a CB2k and CB6k. However Jillian recommended the standard vented tube for comfort of my body type and she promised that I would be unable to pull out with the standard tube and as it turned out she was correct.

Fit and Finish:
    The belt speaks of high quality materials and is solid and sturdy. It feels like quality steel in your hands. It weighs about 2 lbs with every edge rounded off. Im unable to find a single sharp point anywhere on the belt. Every corner is rounded off for comfort and the lining is made from silicon for even more comfort and speaks durability for long term wear. Im confident that this belt will give many years of frustrating enjoyment for myself and lots of teasing fun for my wife.

Comfort:
    I never knew steel underwear could be so comfortable. There are times that I forget that Im wearing the belt. It took me about 2 weeks of adjustments to get to this point, but this was a shorter acclimation time than my other steel belt. The tube design prevents any pinching at the tip of the penis. The tube is completely smooth and coated with the end being wrapped around by the front shield to prevent any pinching and of course touching.

Security:
    Its Fort Knox for my sex!!! Once locked on you are locked in steel and your going to stay that way. Short of the Jaws of Life, youre not getting out if it easily by yourself without the key. Nothing is 100% impossible to remove without a key, but Jillian has made this belt as secure as one can be. There is no way to stimulate your penis in any way. Every angle is protected and everything is held in a tight but comfortable steel embrace. The belt moves with your body, but thats it. The penis is held tightly but comfortably forces pointing down. An errection simply isnt going to happen with this belt locked on. The lock of protected from being attacked by bolt cutters and with 5 tumblers on the lock, it would not be easy to pick. Also she chooses key patterns the make it harder to pick. All the pins are laser welded and there looks like there would be little if any chance of those being able to break off and certainly impossible while locked on.

Hygiene:
    The front tube design allows for easy urine drainage and very little drip is left. Daily showers are all that are necessary to keep clean. However, a hand held shower head is recommended to thrust water up into the tube for washing things out. I have gone for 17 days in a row in this belt without any hygiene or comfort problems. I could have gone longer, but my keyholder/wife needed me out for her purposes <grin>.

Discreteness and Daily Activities:
    I wear this belt for days and weeks at a time 24/7. I go to work, drive, bowl, workout and even helped moved heavy equipment while belted. (Even Yoga on the Wii Fit is possible.) Sorry guys, but short of a metal detector, there is no reason why someone cant be belted 24/7. The belt hugs your body very closely and is not bulky in any way. With my other steel belt, I would sometimes have to wear pants that had a little more room in the crotch area, but with the LIS belt, Im able to wear all my street wear without a problem. I wear the belt around friends and family who have no ideal I wear steel underwear. It is fun of course to show off at your local dungeon <grin>.

In conclusion, my LIS belt is the best belt that Ive owned or even seen. Im very happy with my decision and choice and would highly recommend this belt for anyone who wants to be in the chastity lifestyle. There are many reasons to be belted, but regardless of your reason, I think you will find that the LIS belt is the highest quality belt that you can find. If you have any questions, you can find me on FetLife as enigmaPOJ and Ill be happy to answer any of your questions and of course you can respond to this post.

-enigmaPOJ

2. chastitycuckold

chastitycuckold Senior Member

whip Maker...Flogger Maker
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    I have always thought the locked in steel belt to be the best looking and it certainly looks like it'd be a comfortable belt to wear their hip belt looks an ingenious design, they do however have a very very poor record on delivery and customer relations, when I bought my belt it was a toss up between LiS and Neosteel, after 5 emails to LiS before I got any kind of reply that pretty much made my mind up for me and I went the Neosteel route.....

It's good to read a posative review for a change, hopefully it's a sign that LiS have sorted out their poor customer relations and will become more prominent in the market, design and price wise they are hard to beat.....:penisdance:

3. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My experience with communication has been good and Jillian did acknowledge some past E-MAIL issues but had worked most out from her end. One note worth mentioning is that my SPAM filter kept knocking her E-MAILs into my Junkmail folder based on heuristic rules. So some people may be having issues with their filtering software.

-enigmaPOJ

4. chastitycuckold

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

Yeah it wasn't a bash at LiS I really do like their belts.....I hope they have sorted things out if I get to read a few more good reviews I may just treat myself one day....

5. maid madeleine

maid madeleine Senior Member

Local Time:
    Fantastic review!

6. calisto

calisto Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:10 AM
    Terrible customer service

I'm sorry to report that my experience with LiS's customer service was terrible. I ordered a collar from them on January 8th, 2009; when I hadn't heard anything after four weeks I started sending them a series of very polite (in retrospect much too polite) communications. Emails on Feb 10 and 20 went unanswered; a voicemail after that finally led to an email reply from Jillian on March 13th saying she thought the collar had been shipped and asking another person at LiS to ship it. I still hadn't heard anything by March 19th, so I sent another email to which I did not get an answer.

I finally decided I had been polite enough; I sent an email on March 26th in which I told them I felt their treatment of me was disrespectful, and asked them to send me the collar or refund my payment and send me an email letting me know which of the two choices they had made.

Today, without another email from them, the collar arrived. It was simply thrown into a postal service box with no packing material at all, which meant it got thrown around loosely in the box in transit. No surprise, the collar is scratched and bent.

I understand that shipping mistakes happen, but LiS's lack of response to a simple problem is awful -- and just tossing a $75 collar into a box loosely for shipping is terrible too. It's baffling to me that they treat their customers (and their products!) with such disrespect. I could not be more disappointed.

- Calisto

7. chastitycuckold

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately Calisto that is much more the type of review I'm used to reading, I really did want theit hip belt over the Neosteel but in retrospect I'm so glad I went the Neosteel route now.....

It would appear enigmaPO is just one of a very few lucky ones that caught LiS right and managed to get decent service......

Shame:mad0260::mad0260:

8. dominchastity

dominchastity Sometimes locked

Local Time:
    Same story here.

9. glammin

glammin Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:10 AM
    I have had nothing but a horrific experience with this company. They do not return emails or phone calls. My product has been under construction for a ridiculously long amount of time. They have the best product of it's kind but their customer service is absolutely atrocious and inexcusable.

10. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    I personally find it really funny that this company spends a lot of time traveling to fetish fairs and doing custom fittings there. They advertise THAT pretty regularly. Why is it that they're seeking additional business rather than actually producing the products already ordered, and corresponding with their customers?!?

Given the horror stories I've heard, I wouldn't touch LIS with a 10 foot pole. It's unfortunate, since they're geographically the most convenient vendor around, if I wanted to do a fitting session. I have expectations about customer service, and from all I've heard, LIS has never HEARD of the concept.

mikecb

11. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Mikecb, if you are going strictly by stories, then how do you know? Have you ever met anyone in person who has dealt with LIS in person? I've heard stories and I've also dealt with LIS personally and I've found many stories exaggerated or simply not true. They have a great product and stand behind their work. The reason LIS does go to fetish fairs is to allow more people to deal with them personally. Mistakes happen I'm sure, but if there is a problem they will fix it. They make a custom product and that does take time. They are a small company where each person has regular full time jobs and you can't expect someone to answer a question immediately. They also have to filter our phone calls and E-MAIL due to a huge volume of "fantasy" messages they get, like fictitious claims of loosing the keys and so forth.

-enigma

12. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    I think you are lucky to get anything off Jillian.
    I ordered something in October last year and it has been a tail of f**k ups from day 1.

First, she did not notice the order and after 6 weeks and multiple emails and calls, she finally said "Ooops, I'll progress it immediately..."

Since then, countless emails, both to her site and to her on FetLife and got no response. The order is still pending!

I even started a discussion on FetLife asking if they had gone under or something. Jillian popped up and said "Email me!"

Sheesh!!!

There are numerous other items on her site which I would love to get but I just don't trust I would ever recieve them and I am fed up of pouring money down the drain on someone who seems to me to not run a business, more of a part-time hobby... when she can be bothered.

One single bad experience can put one off for life, so I am writing this to simply state the facts.

I would love to meet her personally - I'm sure she is a lovely person - and if she ever comes to the UK, I will make a point to meet her. Maybe she'll bring my purchase with her but I won't hold my breath.

13. weezies02915

weezies02915 Junior Member

Local Time:
    My story with Locked in Steel seems to be about the same, I went to them( 10-7-08) got measured, placed my order she told me it would be ready( 1-7-09) I paid for it and was on my way. Well 1-7-09 came and went nothing. Now i'm not a pushy person at all, I understand things take time so I finally sent them a couple of e-mails on 4-7-09 and got a responce that they were sorry one of their machines was down but the belt would be done in 2 weeks ( looking back it sounds like a line in the movie The Money Pit...lol) they will call me and i'll be all set, and as you can guess 2 weeks came and went 2 months came and went, hell 5 months came and went, so after 11 months of nothing , so now I have had enough, I called the Better Business Bureau,. told them my story( at this point I just wanted my money back) and it took them a couple of weeks to get an answer, and LIS responce was they had contacted the customer and the customer hasn't responded, so now after 1 year I had no belt, the BBB signed off say the matter was unresolved nothing else they could do. So every day I wrote one e-mail and made one call saying who I was my order # and that I was told my order was ready, and 5 days later it showed up at my door. Oh I forgot about on their web site how you can track your belts progress, it showed my order taken measurements on 10-7-08 the next movement was on 12-28-08 it went to the workshop ( a week before it was suppose to be shipped) and that was the last entry....So it seems like there a problem with customer service to say the least, at least I don't feel like i'm the only one. And as far as people telling stories that can always be true, but there seems to be too many of the same kinds of examples for LIS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice