A change in atmosphere?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Blue Moon, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Long term member

Driver
    Dallas, Tx
    Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    Is it just my imagination, or has CM become dryer and more clinical? We were here several years ago when it felt friendlier, sexier and much more sensual. Conversations and discussions were definitely more open and tolerant. Flaming has always been forbidden, but ideas that stayed at least close to topic were generally exchanged freely. It just feels more technical and a lot less romantic than before. Perhaps I am mistaken. I’d like to hear from some of you that have been around 5 years or longer to get your take on subject. Thanks.

2. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    12:46 PM
    I think the site has changed over the years but to be honest it has changed for the better and is a much friendlier place to be than it has been for many years. Everything changes over time some for the better some for the worse, the danger is that we all look back on the past and tend to think everything was so much easier and better back then but times change and so must we all. Stay around and hopefully you may help to reinstate some of the feel that you think is missing, there is always a danger in life whereby folk tend to pop in and out of situations or places expecting certain things to be in place but they rarely take the time to help foster or create the atmosphere themselves.

Love&Passion and L-u-c-y like this.
  3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    5 years ago most avatars were penises, most females were fake, and made up stories were treated as real.

That might be romantic to you, it's not to me : )

HeForHer, Miffy, Love&Passion and 4 others like this.
  4. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    7:46 AM
    I wasn't here several years ago so I have no experience what things were like in the past but everyone seems pretty friendly, helpful, and supportive to me. Nor have I seen much at I would deem intolerant. Given that 98% of members are chaste men, I'm not sure what kind of sexy or romantic discussion you would like to see.

Lucy posted a second before I did but from what she describes, the Mansion today is a MUCH better place.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  5. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    I think that it much better now than it ever was. It is much more real now and a friendlier place to be. The fantasies and dreamers are gone and not pushing their stuff on us. Lucy and her helpers have done a great job at cleaning this site up.

Love&Passion, tiruh811 and L-u-c-y like this.
  6. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Nothing against fantasies and dreamers, just put them in the fiction section : )

HeForHer and tiruh811 like this.
  7. maid julie

maid julie Long term member

service tech
    NJ
    Local Time:
    Yes your right on that part and was not thinking that way,I was thinking of back when that stuff was being given/pushed at us as being real. Yes dreaming and fantasies can be fun. Back when I made adult toys that is how some ideas were born.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  8. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    What was it like back then?
    • Too many moderators, most of them not doing any actual moderating, just fighting among themselves
    • No clear direction, as the Admin would go missing for months at a time, or wouldn't take a firm stand on issues
    • Anyone not identifying as a crossdressing sissy was ostracized
    • Everyone labeled as 'Female' in their profile was harassed on a daily basis, bombarded with penis photos and overly aggressive demands by needy 'slaves' who couldn't even bother to say 'hello' first
    • Two words: site outages
    And as noted, penis avatars and too many fake people and/or stories. I'm sure the latter two still happen, but not like it was before. Are things 'perfect' now? No; perfection is an elusive goal. But overall things are much, much improved. You can't satisfy all the members, but a little compromise on everyone's part can make the overall experience a lot better for the majority.

Love&Passion, Tom Allen and L-u-c-y like this.
  9. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    That's not even close to true. Some flavors of fantasy have reduced significantly but some are alive and thriving.

10. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    About that time or a little longer is when things started to go down hill. Several of the regulars stopped coming here, and I think MW was focusing on other things more than the site.

The sad thing is that prior to that the site was very much a friendly site and people had a feeling of being part of a community.

I believe the time you mention is about the time the site was headed towards it's low point.

As you and I have discussed both publicly and privately, since you took over things have improved. I'm not sure if I'd say the site is the best it's ever been, but it's way better than it was even a year ago. So kudos for all you're doing.

Personally I miss the feeling of community, but I know things change. And many times not for the better. So I'm happy that while CM had a period of decline I'm very happy that you've ended that and IMHO it's in a period of rebirth and positive change.

A year ago, I doubted that you could make the site a place where I'd want to come back. Thankfully I kept an open mind and I was shown that you could. Now, I agree with OP that the site doesn't have the same feel as it did before. It never will feel that way again. But I do think that if the changes keep having a positive impact that more regulars will do what I did and keep coming to the site. And as we get to know each other we'll rebuild the sense of community here.

When that happens the feel won't be the same but it'll have a "less clinical" feel to use OPs words. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it and I'm slowly starting to see some of it.

So yes the site is much better than 5 years ago, and I'm not wrong often so I'll bet that in a year it'll be even better!

L-u-c-y likes this.
  11. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    I like the site much more than in the past. I used to "glimpse" here years ago and it was exactly as you describe. A bit of a fictional playground. Being here now and seeing how many people make chastity their life on either side is delicious <3.

Plus there is tons of good information here and helpful, horny people <3

L-u-c-y, Chaste J. and tomf_22033 like this.
  12. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    Well, I love it! On the whole pretty friendly! You will always get a bit of sillyness but that's true everywhere! Keep up the good work I say! I have only been here a little over a year but I'm more than happy!

L-u-c-y and tomf_22033 like this.
  13. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    it has always seemed a friendly place to me. Even on the couple of occasions I've got into arguments, they've been quickly resolved.

L-u-c-y and Chaste J. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice