A break

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nicoftime, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:40 AM
    I am very sad to say I am taking a small sabbatical from active participation here. I have grown very fond of many, and will miss the interaction as well as my outlet.

It was a very small deal, but it went to the very core of what I thought this site was to what this site wants to be. I don't believe I am part of its ideals.

I joined here in 2007, didn't participate mostly because I wasn't in chastity and didn't believe I had anything to offer. Once I was locked in chastity with someone, I opened a new account for my new life. I dove right in and embraced chastity, and the mansion.

I believe some wish this place to be a walking on eggshells, bowing and curtsying, chatting about how all women must be obeyed and treated as a goddess. I treat ALL people with respect, unless they somehow shown me reason to take away that privilege. I guess some believe this is a locker room atmosphere and I am contributing to it. I have met some people that I consider friends and would gladly share a pint with, maybe because they do not bow and curtsy either. They are real people sharing real problems, real exultations, and using real language to do so.

I will keep checking in, and keeping up with events. I will also check alerts for messages if anyone wants to keep in touch.

CJ's hubby likes this.
  2. LadyS

LadyS Lover of LOVE

Photographer
    Canada
    Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    They way you talk is "locker room " talk.... I'm not sure I understand why it is such a big deal to put a filter on it for the sake of other members.
    There is nothing wrong with bowing and respecting the women around here! If that's not the way you like to do things then just go on about your business.
    Unfortunate that you are taking a break (but not really).
    Like I said in the messages to you.... you are not being asked to change as a person, simply to respect all the members here. It's NO DIFFERENT then the men who choose to out the penises as their avatars. You just let it come out of your mouth.

SubVerity likes this.
  3. LadyS

LadyS Lover of LOVE

Photographer
    Canada
    Local Time:
    I meant it as a break but not really taking a break... sorry Nic if that that came off wrong.

SubVerity likes this.
  4. Mactastic

Mactastic Long term member

Homemaker, Financial Analyst
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Local Time:
    5:40 AM
    This place is what you make out of it. Without you it will be a little bit less... There are no rules here except the ones we choose to follow. Make your own path.

5. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    10:40 AM
    I think you're at cross purposes. It's not you or your posts anyone has trouble with, and no-one wants the site to be all "walking on eggshells, bowing and curtsying, chatting about how all women must be obeyed and treated as a goddess" as you put it.

Stick around, join in, don't be afraid. But if a mod contacts you about something, perhaps just carry on with yourself, but keep their words in mind every now and then, as you never know, you might find them useful one day.

I hope you do stick around, and continue to post. Your journey with Miss Amante is certainly worth sharing.

Love&Passion likes this.
  6. CJ's hubby

CJ's hubby Active member

Arizona
    Local Time:
    I am also sorry to see you leave. I always enjoyed chatting with you in the chat room. I am fairly new here (almost 8 months) but I have gotten attacked several times and now only go into the chat room and chat privately and I keep up on a few of the threads but I have learned that a group will attack you and the populars will gang on just because your ideas or "dynamics" don't agree with theirs. And the Admin and moderators seem to always side with the populars which in turn make newcomers reluctant to comment for fear of being attacked.

I do find good threads here and have learned quite a bit from others here. I am not leaving but will be reluctant to participate in any discussions. I also feel the moderators are biased towards the populars and the administrator does little to stop the arguments. Just too many good threads turn into petty little fights because a few bring in their negativity along with their rude and nasty comments. Eventually the thread is completely off topic.

I guess my question to the @Administrator would be... who is responsible for telling members to leave this community, yours or members who don't agree with another's "dynamics?"

I totally agree with @magmagna, "This place is what you make out of it. Without you it will be a little bit less... There are no rules here except the ones we choose to follow. Make your own path."

Mactastic likes this.
  7. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Just a word here. A lot of the hand wringing that's going on recently is precisely because some folks behave as if there are no rules here. I can promise you that there are rules here.

8. Love&Passion

Love&Passion Long term member

Local Time:
    Hey @Nicoftime not sure what happened and who you might have offended but wanted to let you know that I appreciate your content and enjoy following your journey.

9. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Blimey @boisub , well done for finding them. None of them offend me either, but that's because no-one is aiming them at me.

If profanities were to be allowed allowed generally and we asked users to apply a sense of context and be self policing then it becomes all too easy for actual abuse to creep in, and then we'd have real problems. Having a no profanity rule helps prevent that level of abuse from ever occurring, and if it means we have to police ourselves as we write, then I'm sure we can put up with that for the greater good.

boisub likes this.
  10. Mactastic

Mactastic Long term member

Homemaker, Financial Analyst
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Local Time:
    My apologies @SubVerity for the broad use of the phrase "No Rules" I did not mean in the forum, but in chastity play. Some people think that they do it right or better and that other people do it wrong. That's too bad.

I believe that we must all treat each other as decent human beings. It is possible... I think. Maybe. You never really know. After all we are all human.

The rules of the site. Yes. We should all follow them.

SubVerity likes this.
  11. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    The changing the word "bastard" in the sentence, "you poor bastard! Your in trouble," to "sausage" is a one the single strangest occurrences I've seen here in CM so far.

If that sentence is really what kicked all this off then I am at a loss. It's just so silly. And I'm speaking as the person to whom that sentence was directed. So I can tell you uniquivacally that the change was not made at the behest of an 'offended member toward whom the corse language was directed'.

I am assuming there's more for this whole chain of events that I'm missing? That sentence can not possibly be what has people accusing him of innapropriate language or whatever. It just makes no sense.

I'm thoroughly confused by what's happening. Im admittedly not around all the time but I don't remember @Nicoftime ever being overly corse in either the language he uses or the nature of his interactions - which should be what's more important.

So what's going on here? What am I missing?

CJ's hubby likes this.
  12. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:40 AM
    Was checking my alerts and saw that the mansion was certainly busy, and wanted to clear some things up before it escalated. The exact reason for my break.

1. I was not banned, or asked to leave.
    2. I'm not leaving and taking my ball with me, just going to stay out of forums for awhile.
    3. The mod who discussed my language was nice, polite, and handled his viewpoint in a clear manner. No cuss words. Not in jest, not to a friend, not in the proper context.

I actually want nothing but the best for this place, and I do not want to do this place an injustice by making mods curtail my comments or go against it's value system. The minor incident in question is more of a core issue than an actual grievance. I simply want to step back for a bit and see...I could easily just watch my mouth, be more careful, I get it. I simply don't want to be fake or not be me, my reason for being here to begin with. So it's just a sabbatical I'm not moving to the moon, and no one raged a war or was rude.

Thanks for all the support, now get back out there!

13. Steve-0

Steve-0 Long term member

Healthcare
    Canada
    Local Time:
    I'm the swearer, @Thatguyontheinternet.
    Nic is a lockeroom guy and part time swearer. He got jazzed up in defense of all such dudes.

14. Catbond

Catbond Aka Professor Mittens, aka Fluffy.

Paris
    Local Time:
    11:40 AM
    it's been a while since i have not intelligently expressed myself on a matter (did i ever tho?) but with all the drama going on i just have to do it now so here it is : Meow.

You'll be missed Nic, don't be away too long :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice