Frenum Piercing : Am i gonna die ??

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Catbond, Dec 30, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. Catbond

Catbond Aka Professor Mittens, aka Fluffy.

Paris
    Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    Hello everyone, as some of you may already know i recently got a frenum piercing done. It's been 3 weeks exactly today !

The first week went fine and everything was looking quite normal. A few days ago i noticed a redness around the hole where the needle went through, the other hole is perfectly fine though.

I don't really know what to do as it's been almost a week and it's not gone, i wash it daily with an antiseptic soap (Betadine Scrub) and just started salt water soaks.

No pus is coming out of it and it's not particularly hot so i don't think it is infected. It feels kind of itchy and stings a little bit if pressed a little too much.
    Anyone has any clue of what it could be and how to deal with it ?

Thanks !

2. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    Well, if it is not hot to touch, tender, swollen or oozing pus, then I would say you are fine - that is, you have no signs of infection. The itchiness can be a sign of healing and the redness might just be irritation. Sea salt soaks are good as well as a once a day wash with antiseptic soap. Try not to play with it or touch it with dirty hands as that can set you up for infection.

3. Catbond

Paris
    Local Time:
    Thanks Lord i sill have a few days ahead of me :p but it has pretty much been unchanged for a week now, i'm concerned. Does an infection spread over time if not taken care of ?

4. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    My guy's PA still looks like that sometimes and we are 6 months in. One hole is slightly red most of the time. Like i said, if you have no signs of infection, you should be okay. The piercing is still new, so pressing on it or putting it thru undue stress can cause stinging - totally normal.

5. Catbond

Paris
    Local Time:
    Alright thanks for the medical assistance @Thatgirl :p ! Let me know if some of you also experienced that during the healing process i'd really like some feedback on how it went :)

6. Minas bitch

Minas bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    9:46 PM
    The advice: Stop the Beta-dine it is an irritant and is not appropriate for piercing aftercare. Saline soaks are definitely good for piercing after care. I have also had great success using Emu oil on the piercing after the saline soaks. Just a dab will do it. http://www.piercingbible.com/piercing-care

The Disclaimer: All that being said please contact your piercer and or your doctor if you have any infection or medical concerns about the piercing. Never remove jewelry from an infected piercing unless under medical care as this can cause an abscess etc.

7. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    Yup, you're not supposed to use anti-bacterial stuff on them. You also should have been doing the salt water soaks twice daily from the beginning.

Call your piercer and ask them to have a look if you're concerned, but also do the soaks a couple times a day, it helps.

Also, emu oil rocks.

8. Catbond

Paris
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the help ! the antiseptic soap was advised by my piercer so it's kind of confusing ^^i'll go with salt water soaks for a few days and see if it's getting any better .

9. squier

squier Junior Member

tech consultant
    Germany, the wild south
    Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    I think your redness comes pretty sure from using this Betadine Stuff. It is only for external use! Look at the Warnings on the bottle.
    upload_2016-12-31_13-23-32.png

Not all what is antiseptic is healthy too!
    Btw..... your piercing is made of stuff you sure are not allergic to?
    There are alloys you may react on some component, like nickel?

Get well soon there ;)

10. Catbond

Paris
    Local Time:
    I'm done using it then ! unless i need to wash my hands before touching the piercing itself

11. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Two holes ??? I assume one hole with two ends.

Salt water fine especially if the ring is a bit mucky gently soak it not too hot either.

Allergy very unlikely .
    Jewellery could be the depending on if it's a ring or a bar and thus just moving about a bit too much . You could try a Ptfe bar but make the change real quick push the old jewellery out with the new .

If it's beginning to develop some scar tissue then all to the good make this rather delicate piercing stronger.

Xx Wendy

12. Fluffluvva

Fluffluvva Active member

I move dirt
    Western Australia
    Local Time:
    12:46 PM
    I used bepanthen on my PA. Its a nappy rash cream which will stop the area drying out too much(any betadine products will dry the skin out and irritate).

I'm not sure if its available in other countries but i would imagine any lanolin based nappy rash cream would do the same. I also found wiping with baby wipes to be highly benificial immediately after urinating, not that pee should greatly affect a frenum piercing but it helps to clean up any stray dribbles.

I'm pretty lucky as we have very young kids and these are household items for us.

Baby wipes are also amazing for cleaning your windshield on you car. Just a useless piece of information I thought I'd share while on the subject...

13. Frank Underboob

Frank Underboob Active member

Local Time:
    I have to agree with the others who say to leave off with the harsh betadine and just let your piercing heal. Give it a salt water soak and then leave it the fuck alone. If there is no pus and it is not hot, then its just irritated. Try some Emu oil. Sitting through a piercing is always the easy part. Healing the damn thing is where things get tough. I should think that you will need at least another three weeks of healing before your piercing is well healed enough for play. And using the Betadine has only delayed things. Settle in for the long game, and let your frenum heal at it's own pace. There's nothing you, or anyone else can do to change that. It will be done when it's done. Happy healing!

14. suzy maid

suzy maid Member

England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hi Catbond.
    Good luck with the piercing but don't set your hopes too high. Mine migrated out in about a year.

Brace yourself for a proper PA.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice