Difficulty sizing chastity ring

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by ryanh, Sep 10, 2023.

?

What should I do...

1. Measure ring size when balls are hanging low and really loose

2. Measure ring size when balls are high, tight and close to body

3. Other, specify as a comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Random Thread
  1. ryanh

ryanh Member

Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    Hi,

I'm hoping to get some thoughts on what seems like a problem to me when it comes to sizing and what to do about it.

More often than not, I've read that it's best to measure the ring size after a warm shower or bath so that there's some blood flow, the issue though, is that my balls alternative between hanging really low and being really loose, and tightening up along with the ball sack much closer to the body.

This would mean that technically, if I had measured for a ring where my balls might be significantly lower and away from my body that I'd need a ring that's quite a lot tighter, not to mention the fact the weight of a metal ring would cause it to slip down, but, if I do this then when my balls would want to tighten up again I could then be at risk of it being too tight.

If I reverse the process and try and measure when they're close to the body and tight then when they loosen up a lot they'd simply fall out of the ring.

I'm not sure what to do here, I don't have a particularly large ballsack, and I'm not all that large in the other region when flaccid. I'd say if I were to measure with a tape measure and pushing the tape measure back a bit on the skin to the tip, I'd estimate a flaccid length of around 3-4 inches, rising to around 5-6 when hard.

I have experimented with cages before, I've found the metal ones being quite heavy, and when hard it moves the ring forwards effectively causing some discomfort on the balls.

Looking for thoughts, recommendations and advice! Will also open a little poll to get a generalised survey of answers.

2. Slutty Susan

Slutty Susan Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I am very new to cage wearing , but would recommend that you get some sizing rings. They are relatively inexpensive and easily obtainable.

3. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    Here's the deal:

1) Ring too tight will do damage
    2) Ring too loose will fall off
    3) Your body is not made of concrete; it changes over time

My suggestion is to go as tight as you can without damaging stuff. That means you should always be able to get a finger in. I test by pushing a finger through between the scrotum and the ring, and go up to the first knuckle; that has worked for me, but you need to tune your measurements to your own body. I started with a 50mm ring and it was too tight. After a few years, I switched to a 45mm ring. After another year, and I'm in a 40mm. No explanation why, but it works.

bondinchas and madams-sissysub like this.
  4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    totally agree, and will add, measure your self at different times and after different activities, and do it for several days so you work out the average.

true42 likes this.
  5. LockedForTeal

LockedForTeal Enjoying the adventure

Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    If you're new to chastity, you'll also find that you need larger base rings until your skin toughens up a bit. I had to start with 50mm and work my way down to 45mm. You may need to get multiple base rings for different seasons, and to work your way to the appropriate size.

Here is the device I am wearing. They have multiple base ring options including the option to buy three (50,45,40) https://oxy-shop.com/collections/steel-cock-cages/products/locktober-chastity-device

They also have individual rings here (38-50mm) that are in between sizes: https://oxy-shop.com/products/spare-part-for-ch33-ch34-ch36-ch37

In my opinion this is a cheap way to get settled into different sizes. It's nice having options.

I'm in a 45mm now, but the nighttime erections are increasingly painful. A smaller cage helped, but didn't solve the issue. 48mm is a good balance, and I usually don't even wake up when erect at night. However, I can slip out of that size ring if I squat. The cage has a little play in it and I assume it's just enough to allow me to slip when the cage is strained open, like in a squat. I bent the 48mm ring to close the ball gap between the ring and the cage, and it's very comfortable to wear at night and I can't slip out.

TL;DR: You're going to have to be ready to experiment to find that perfect balance. What's comfortable today may not be tomorrow.

true42 likes this.
  6. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    So true. Sometimes I'm high and tight, sometimes loose and dangly. The cage has to deal with both of those without either damaging me or falling off.

7. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    The type of ring can affect how successful you are in sizing, but beware, if changing to a different style of ring, be prepared to start the sizing process all over again.
    The options are perfectly round rings, oval rings, and ergonomic rings.
    It's not just the base ring size, whether your balls pull through depends on the gap size at least as much as the base ring size, and change one of those measurements, you may need to also change the other for a good fit.
    Personally, I've found that the ergonomic rings are best, as they have a more consistent gap around the ring, plain circular rings are the worst, as the gap dimension varies from the bottom to the sides.

Fej58 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice