Butt plug safety

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Beatrice., Feb 22, 2024.

Random Thread
  1. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    2:47 AM
    Not really chastity related but don't know where else to post it. I think I had a close call with a butt plug that almost went all the way in. Similar to this one https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51tPyc2lAPL.jpg

I am quite tight. Biggest I managed to fit was 1.4 inches wide. What happened was that the jewel at the end came off when I was pushing the plug in. It wasn't fully inserted yet and I took it out immediately. I didn't know that the jewel is not glued to the plug. That silicone bit there was rather small and also very soft.

So... yeah. Butt plug safety. How bad can it get if one does get stuck inside? I heard some horror stories. Again, I am tight down there so I can imagine this thing easily getting sucked into someone who is wider. Especially if the stone pops out of the socket. Should I avoid jeweled plugs from now on? Are plugs with an anchor stopper safer?

1mlockedup and cagedhubby-RD like this.
  2. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    7:47 PM
    That's a good point about the possibility of cheap toys coming apart, which can suddenly change the way they function and their safety.

It is true that tons and tons of people put stuff up their butts that then get stuck and require an embarrassing trip for medical intervention to remove. That said, usually the items are larger or have a shape that restricts the item from being retrieved.

If an item goes up there but is small enough, and/or soft enough, you should be able to "poop" it out (using the same pushing). Of course, people panic in those situations and that can make it more difficult since everything tightens up. But for a toy that size, combined with it becoming soft when the jewel had popped out, I imagine you could push real hard and it would come out.

In general, butt toys should have a large enough flared end (and firm emough) that it won't go inside under any reasonable use. Those small plugs are cute and "easy", but the flared end is still relatively small and it is possible for it to be pushed in even with the jewel intact. This hasn't stopped me from owning or using them, but only because I have confidence I could retrieve it because of their small size.

Still, a good point and something to consider.

3. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    About that jewel. It has sharp edges. So pushing it out might be a VERY bad idea if it comes loose inside. I read an article about someone who got a plug like that stuck in there. The doctors were concerned the jewel might come off and tear the anus. That they might need to perform surgery through the belly instead of the anus. In the end it was all fine, luckily.

This also wasn't a super cheap PVC butt plug I used. I had a cheap PVC toy some time ago but I threw it out after I read about how toxic PVC is for the body, even though it felt great. The plug I used was silicone (which should be body safe) and mid priced. I wanted one with a jewel at the end because it looked cute. I didn't imagine that the jewel can come off so easily and the stopper would be so small, so soft.

I think I should throw away my jeweled plugs as well. Money wasted. But sure is cheaper than the medical bills.

Chloe420 likes this.
  4. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    12:47 AM
    Yeah I sucked mine in. I was being told to loosen up and somehow me trying to loosen my anus sucked the whole thing inside me. My mistress just laughed and told me to prepare myself for her her knuckles. She got it out. It was very painful but also funny and a relief. I think this is risky but was very funny for us in the end.

Anvil Caged likes this.
  5. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    Ouch. That must have hurt. Good thing you had someone close who knew what to do. No way I could get my fist in there to take the plug out. Why do plugs with such small stoppers even exist? They are a big health risk.

6. M@rcellus

M@rcellus Long term member

Local Time:
    It's one of the few times I've taken her hand up to the wrist. I was panicking and seemed to give me super resilience. Nothing is really supposed to go up there so if you do I think you need to be prepared for the worst. It's very unlikely you would need surgery.

Zevon likes this.
  7. cagedhubby-RD

cagedhubby-RD Locked Huby

Head Buyer
    USA, Pinckney, Michigan
    Local Time:
    wow, that sounds crazy. I have some of those jeweled plugs but I don't like them at all. I usually use silicone plugs and they are wonderful. Now that I read your story I think I may just get rid of the jeweled plugs in general. In your case I am glad you were able to get the rest of the plug out before it was fully inserted. Otherwise it may possibly have been an embarrassing trip to the hospital.

8. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    This is why I prefer plugs with the T shaped base on them, but it is down to individual experience to, I recommend using a dildo the first time before using plugs so your body knows how it feels to be penetrated, and your muscles can relax better.

9. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    That's a good point about the sharp edges. If a toy is coming apart inside you, all bets are off as to safety I suppose. Though this scenario suggests that both the plug went inside AND the jewel detached, which is I guess less likely (for both rare occurrences to happen together). Not impossible though.

10. Polemanme

Polemanme Active member

Local Time:
    I bought a cheap set from Amazon that I weanted to try bercause there was one which was large and bulbous. The set arrived and while three of them were very small and would have presented no problem inserting them the one I was after was a real challlenge to insert although not too much, and it did go in well with plenty of lubrication. The base was relatively small but appeared to be big enough and I was not concerned about it being drawn inside. What I failed to take into account is that the sphincter is quite powerful and also not too shallow so this plug i used had a very short neck to it. Having inserted it as soon as I moved at all and relaxed the whole thing just gently slid fully in disappearing from sight. Lots of swearing from me and I rushed to the bathroom where thankfully with a push only a little stronger than usual it popped right back out and straight into the waste bin never to be worn again!.
    The lesson learned is that it's not the diameter or length of the plug and to a lesser extent the size of the base although that is important, but it is all about the length of the neck, if it's too short your body will suck it in with no problem at all and unless you're lucky like I was it will take some doing to get it out.
    I now make sure any new plug I try, I insert into a simple latex glove for the first couple of times. This gives an extension to the plug that will leave the wrist part hanging out if it goes in too far. It also keeps the plug clean if you are self pleasuring and not worried about a frilly butt.

11. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did use dildos before as well. I think I will get some of those T shaped plugs. Doesn't look cute like a jeweled one but I am looking for safety now. Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Love-3-34-Silicone-Anal/dp/B071R9T8KW

Again, silicone. I don't know how bendy the arms of the T are going to be.

madams-sissysub likes this.
  12. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    So after more research, toys labeled as just "silicone" are not necessarily body safe. Such as the plug i just linked. They use other chemicals as well. You need MEDICAL GRADE SILICONE for that. Toys made out of medical grade silicone seem quite rare.

What brands should I look for that make toys out of medical grade silicone? Only one I found so far is FeelzToys.

13. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    mine are silicone T shaped at the bottom, they seem best

cagedhubby-RD likes this.
  14. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    if you really wanted a jewelled plug you could try a metal one instead?

15. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Much like my opinion on things that get locked on to our genitals I feel that things we insert into our anuses for prolonged periods should be made of better quality than a discounted Temu product with free shipping. This type of play can have real consequences and if you are really trying to skimp the dollars you're probably going to feel those consequences.

16. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    #16 Beatrice., Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    Which is why I'm now looking for stuff labeled as medical grade silicone. Still haven't found any brand outside of FeelzToys yet. I'm still looking. Might get something from this brand if I don't find anything else. I hope this is the good stuff but not sure. Their products are a bit more expensive but not that expensive. Around 10 dollars for a butt plug. I can find more expensive silicone plugs but they are are not labeled as "medical/ high grade silicone". I did find some more expensive ones labeled as "phalate free".

I can find plugs that are over 60 dollars labeled as "novelty".

17. Lancerexford

Lancerexford Member

Ontario, Canada
    Local Time:
    I have a metal one, and I was a bit concerned about it being swallowed so I've tied a string to it just in case (which I've not needed yet).

18. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    9:47 AM
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... back when I was allowed to switch and have a turn at being a Dom I had my better half wear a butt plug. It was a metal plug, well constructed with a flared bottom. She went to bed wearing it and while she was asleep her butt swallowed it!!

She was not happy. She managed to get a finger inside her around the end and pull it out. That was the end of butt play for us. Not allowed to be the Dom anymore either.

19. Chloe420

Chloe420 Active member

Local Time:
    That is really unlucky! And the fact it ended your chance at being a Dom. I've been a Dom for a very long time, and never had any troubles like that lol.

20. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    We had one with jewels on the end of it that my wife would insert into herself and I would enter her vagina, this would give her a DP feeling. It looked sexy as hell especially when doing her doggy style and I could see the reflection of the room light glistening off the jewels. One say after use she was washing it off and the whole top piece fell off into her hand. It would have been quite a story if we had to go into the ER for removal.

Now everyone we own is usually one piece molded silicone with a wide flared end, no way it could slide all the way in.

21. Rimmer69

Rimmer69 Long term member

Merseyside. UK
    Local Time:
    My 3 favourite plugs, which I've never had any trouble with, especially the 2 B_vibe ones, very narrow and flexible necks and comfortable for long time use.

Attached Files:

22. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Person worried about sticking non-medical grade silicon up his ass, never looks at ingredients he consumes and doesn't know what PFAs are, yet consumes bucketloads of it every day.

23. Beatrice.

Beatrice. Member

Local Time:
    I know about all the poison in our food. I avoid anything processed like the plague. I keep plastic packaging to a minimum. Always peeling anything that can be peeled. Vegetables, fruit, meat, bread, eggs and cheese make up almost all of my diet. Even so it is not ideal, far from perfect. But I am trying to control the damage as much as possible.

About butt stuff, after reading some more, I think about going with glass. Borosilicate glass, the one used to make glass bottles and cups. I think this is the safest option. But you unfortunately can't have anything that vibrates made out of glass.

Chloe420 likes this.
  24. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    Those metal/plastic/silicone jewel type but plugs are dangerous IMO they are very easy to get sucked in, the bases are just not big enough, I have a set and it nearly happened, I wont use them any more, there are a few posts about them on here.

25. Ekkaal V

Ekkaal V Member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Square Peg
    Topped Toys
    Mr. Hankeys Toys
    Bad Dragon

Those brands make 100% Platinum Silicone Grade butt toys. This type of silicone has been through the process of vulcanization which cures it from harmful chemical. That is why it is not cheap, though the toys toys made out of it will last forever if used and stored properly. I have some Squarepeg Toys that I have been using for more than 10 years now.

1mlockedup likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice