Locker Room Etiquette

Discussion in 'Chastity in vanilla life' started by SpankySD, Jul 8, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. SpankySD

SpankySD Member

Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    I’ve hashed this over a bit, in my own mind, with my KH and some others. I’m curious for feedback.

When I’m locked, it’s in a metal cage with PA hook. The cage is inescapable, and I don’t have the key. My KH is quite strict. My longest lock up has been 113 days. I average one opportunity to earn a supervised ejaculation and short break between lockups about once per 60-70 days. I’m locked 90% of the time, I guess.

So, I get into situations interfacing the vanilla world. The last time was when both of us were entering a theater for a live show, and there was a security checkpoint. Neither of us had anticipated this. I went through and set off the magnetometer. The security guy wanded me, and patted me down. It turned out to be a non-event, though we both laughed about it later.

My question is, what is your opinion on hiding one’s cage in a locker room?

After some thought, my position is that while I won’t flaunt it, I also won’t hide it. In other words, I won’t change my “normal” behavior while changing clothes. I have the right to live my chosen lifestyle. The cage is something I choose to wear as a part of that lifestyle, which includes being unable to remove it without permission.

I am fairly discreet when I change. But I also don’t towel wrap to change. I’m of the generation who considers nudity to be appropriate in a same gender locker room. On the other hand, I do cover up to walk to and from the showers. My gym has stall showers with opaque doors.

I think a handful of guys have noticed my cage. Nobody has said anything. One smiled and has been friendly ever since he took an obvious glance at it.

I have heard the objection that I am “forcing” my scene onto others. To that, I offered an analogy. Not that long ago, two men holding hands or kissing a greeting in public would have been scorned by some, and a liberal might have said, “I don’t care what they do in private. But I wish they would not force their sexuality on me.”

In other words, society expected gay men to internalize the shame that was to be externally imposed on them. For me, “coming out” with kink is analogous. While I don’t want to “impose” something objectionable on anyone, I draw the line on how or whom I love. Wearing a cage is no more overtly sexual than is having a piercing.

40 yeqrs ago, I got a PA. Showers were usually gang showers or open stalls back then. Occasionally, another guy would ask me about it. But that has not happened in at least 25 years now. I think that part of making social progress is simply to be open with others.

What do you think? How discreet do you try to be? Am I being rude, or is my self standard of “don’t flaunt it, but don’t hide it” an acceptable standard of behavior? Have you ever spotted a cage in public? Would you find it offensive if you did?

And, for the most part, do you think anyone really cares, that much? I do find that younger people are not judgmental about chastity, while more people my own age are quite judgmental.

DrippyCaged, tklh21, Kiesela and 10 others like this.
  2. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:58 PM
    While I agree with most of what you have written, my opinion is that chastity cages are not the same as piercings, and are (for most users) essentially a sex toy. That is, the point of wearing one generally revolves around some kind of sexual situation.

I have only found myself (heh) locked in a locker room once, and I discreetly wrapped a towel around me, and dressed while facing the wall. I truly have no desire to let others in on my sex life. Well, except for several thousand online spectators. :-/

While my wife is *very* strict about keeping me locked, I do unlock for travel, and if I expect to have a full physical. Again, the idea is that we do not want to call attention to our sex life.

A locker room at the gym (you did not say where this is, so I'm assuming) is an all male space, and most guys don't particularly care. If you're being discreet, and not jangling it around, and if nobody comsined to the manager (which guys tend not to do), then you're probably okay.

3. SpankySD

SpankySD Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the response. Yes, an all male locker room.

I happily concede that a cage is more erotic/sexual for me than my piercing is. But I know guys personally who find their own piercings erotically stimulating, continually.

On the other hand, neither my KH, nor I, even remembered I was caged, once that I described, until I was walking through through the magnetometer. There are clearly times that the cage is just another piece of clothing that I’m unaware of, while at other times that it’s my erotic center of focus.

I also agree with you that most guys really don’t care, as long as one’s behavior is simply going about normal business and not flaunting it or intentionally acting sexually.

4. BunnyB

BunnyB Active member

Local Time:
    I know I don’t fall within the majority on this site and that’s ok, we’re all entitled to our own opinions. I believe I can be open about wearing a cage with any profession that views or handles my private areas, IE. doctors, waxer, tattoo artist, etc. If someone looks/handles genitalia for a living, they should be able to handle open non kinky convos about it in a professional manor. A lot of people will disagree with me but again, we’re all entitled to an opinion. However, I won’t force my kink on anyone nor do I advertise it.

With that, I support everything you do within the gym. I don’t advertise being in a cage nor do I want anyone not in the kink community to know. If they’re in the community, that’s different. However, I won’t go to extreme levels to hide it. I will try to conceal it the best of my ability, like you are currently doing in the gym. I too change/shower in the gym. I typically turn my back to people if they are around but if they catch a glimpse, then why are they even looking at my penis area. Although I try to remain private, somethings are impossible to hide from people eyeing areas that don’t pertain to them. That doesn’t mean openly swinging it about but I’m also not changing in a closet to make others comfortable.

tomf_22033 and SpankySD like this.
  5. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Two points for me since I am at a gym shower fairly often:

1. Essentially zero men want to see other men’s harry, saggy balls. Nearly all of us appreciate everyone covering up.

2. Yet I dress/undress/shower normally.

If someone sees and asks, I’ll say it’s a hernia support device. This happened once. No problem.

If they know what it is, they provably won’t ask.

Basically? No one cares about individuals in a locker room.

Isopropylforyou and SpankySD like this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    What I DO NOT do is lotion/lube/adjust it in a mirror like at home.

7. Yesiwearskirts

Yesiwearskirts Long term member

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    For me, living in a small town with close minded folks and a gym that regularly has High school aged (late teens) I would probably just remain turned away from them as best as possible. Yes I have changed behind a curtain. I'd avoid as much full frontal nudity as possible. But frankly it's more for them seeing something than me showing.

I reached a point during covid where I really didn't care what people I didn't know or interact with cared. I was fortunate to be in an industry that flourished during covid. (I sell kayaks on Amazon). Covid stress was immense and I was fkin busy. The stress led to a bout of shingles that were across my inner thigh on one side and up to my groin. Shingles hurt. Shorts were unbearable. During that bout, I wore skirts to be able to sit or walk. Wore to the stores. Nobody seemed to care. I also changed my attitude towards others and just took the fear of them caring in a negative manner out of my brain. Best thing ever.

All that said, ill always be appropriate in places I need to be.

Lazlo Toth and SpankySD like this.
  8. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    Interesting question, since I used to shower at the gym years ago, but since going with my wife, never do now . I think you and I behave the same as far as towels and nudity in the gym, and I remember well a guy with a PA who always showered and never tried to hide it. Remember he was into sword workouts. No one ever said anything to him that I know of, and we live in a reasonably rural area. I'd just go with it. I think especially in light of all of this insane "anything goes in in public anymore, including male/trans nudity, I wound not worry about it.

9. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    We are both of the same opinion as you. Why should anything get in the way of our lifestyle choices?

That said I would not stand full frontal for everyone to stare at either caged or not. I tend not to towel wrap preferring to let the towel drape across my bits.

So far no one has noticed and no one has mentioned.

A

tomf_22033 and SpankySD like this.
  10. SpankySD

SpankySD Member

Local Time:
    Perhaps rural people are more likely to stick to their own business with a stranger, where an urban dweller who interacts more with strangers daily, is more likely to day something.

Just an idea.

Isopropylforyou and tomf_22033 like this.
  11. SpankySD

SpankySD Member

Local Time:
    As long as I am respectful and reasonably discreet, I think other people's reactions are their problem, and not mine.

Speaking of skirts, I had a male friend who would go to the beach in a skirt. We often went to nude beaches. At those times, he may be going commando in his skirt. One time, we went to the nude beach at San Onofre, CA. San Onofre is actually US Navy land, and was part of USMC base Camp Pendleton, until it was leased out to the state of California for a park, and the public utility for a nuclear power plant.

We stopped at a pizza joint, in Oceanside, the town at the main gate of the base. The place was full of Marines. My buddy was in his skirt. There were two couples at the table next to us, with Southern accents. Eventually, one of the women asked my friend, "Do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Sure. ask away." "Why are you wearing a dress?" "It's not a dress. It's a skirt." "OK, why are you wearing a skirt?" "Don't you sometimes wear pants?" "Good point."

And they returned to their meal and life went on.

Curious40ish, tomf_22033 and anasyrma like this.
  12. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:58 AM
    I tend to just be discreet, I don’t mess about trying to get dressed under a towel ether I just turn away and slip my briefs or thong back on and then get dressed. I’ve never had anyone ask me what I’m wearing, but I think someone must of noticed after all this time. But as others have said most men don’t get asking other men about there cock.

SpankySD likes this.
  13. asastype

asastype Service sub to Mistress AMA

IT
    Central Iowa USA
    Local Time:
    i totally support the OPs desire to do as he chooses, but i work out at work, so opt for privacy and discretion. i wear my boxers to the shower and change into the new ones before leaving the shower stall.

Much more private than i used to be pre-chastity, but helps prevent any gossip or water cooler talk.

asa

SpankySD likes this.
  14. Yesiwearskirts

Local Time:
    Yep, the only people who I think would have an issue with that are small-minded. I've always thought if I do get questioned hard about it I would blame the resurgence of shingles.

They get addictive too. I found styles that I like that fit me physically and personality wise. Now I'm constantly on the lookout for them. I may have more skirts than I do shorts right now. But never worn in a way to appear as a sissy or anything other than straight male..

SpankySD likes this.
  15. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    I too would agree you’re fine especially as you’re not flaunting it, if someone is looking that closely, that’s on them. And it’s a device to prevent erections, I could see people being upset if you had a device that had you walking around a locker room with a permanent erection lol
    The only issue I could really see would be if someone had their kid in there to workout and they used the locker room, but I’d also assume you’d use more caution in that situation too.

It really is funny how after a couple years of being caged all the time, my worry about someone thinking I might have a cage on has become almost a non issue. Early on I was terrified thinking every time I stepped out our front door that the whole world would find out and how embarrassing it would be. Too bad it’s such a taboo thing still, at least it’s become a little more common

.jo. and SpankySD like this.
  16. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    You nailed it. I used to think living in the suburbs was the best of the country and the best of the city. After living in the burbs for ~30 years, I realized I had it all wrong. Living there is the worst of the country and the worst of the city. As you said, people in the country mind their own business, but they Know everybody's business simply because they know everybody or have lived there all their lives. People in the city mind their own business, , don't know anybody else's business, and keep it that way to pretend or actually have some privacy in a situation where everybody lives on top of everybody else. Suburb people tend to be pretentious, nosy, Karens, and self righteous phonies. they are the ultimate "keep up with the Jone's " group

SpankySD, Pepe_ and Lazlo Toth like this.
  17. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Excellent observation.

SpankySD likes this.
  18. SpankySD

SpankySD Member

Local Time:
    ‘Yes, I remember the time I mentioned that my KH and I encountered an unexpected security checkpoint. I didn’t hesitate. I just walked through knowing I’d set it off. I did. The guy wanded me. I didn’t care. Neither did he. Life continued.

When dealing with long term 24/7 locking without access to the key, one has to adjust to being locked at all times. In my case, I’m not going to let that change my choice of activities or behavior any more than sexually, if possible.

littleguy3 likes this.
  19. Curious40ish

Curious40ish Long term member

South Australia
    Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    Sounds like it is all good. If you are comfortable being exposed in a place with full frontal nudity, wearing a cage is covering up a little. If somebody takes offence maybe them avoiding nude men in a change room would help. Being caged is a lifestyle choice that providing it is not shown off in a public area where nudity would not be tolerated, should be all OK.

Burn_e likes this.
  20. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I haven't changed my locker room behavior since I started chastity. I try to be discreet and don't openly display my genitalia to others. I face the locker when removing my clothes and wrap a towel around my waste before heading to the shower. Someone could observe my cage but it's unlikely. About all I ever expose is my bare backside.

It seems to me that many gym users avoid the locker rooms altogether. I don't think younger generations are comfortable with public nudity. Most change clothes and shower at home. There are rare occasions that I'm in close proximity to others when changing in front of others. I can usually turn away so as not to expose my front.

My gym is newer and has individual shower stalls that provide virtually complete privacy. Chance of exposure is minor. They also have a couple of changing stalls that I assume are for people who are uncomfortable with changing in front of others. I've rarely seen them used.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  21. Yesiwearskirts

Local Time:
    We have some younger men (late teens to early 20s) that seem to think the locker room is a place to just hang out between sets and before and after workouts. It's SOOOOON annoying.

22. tiemeupalso

tiemeupalso Long term member

texas
    Local Time:
    hell,i was borne naked.i plan on dieing that way

23. lockedforfun

lockedforfun Long term member

Local Time:
    In my experience, rural folks are a LOT more open-minded than cityfolk, at least when it comes to minding their own business and letting others live their lives. But they'll also be more assertive if they think somebody is intruding on their lives, so the fact that teens frequent a gym might create a problem if someone thinks you're doing "show and tell" with sex toys in the locker room.

tomf_22033 likes this.
  24. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    This is the opposite of what I've experienced, although people are people, pretty much no matter where you go.

(I've lived in tiny little towns and big cities, all over the US, and spent a couple years overseas.)

collegeslave likes this.
  25. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    My Wife took me to a play this weekend, semi-formal dress required.

At the intermission I went to the restroom, only to stop short. There were perhaps 15 mid-wall to floor urinals, the kind where it goes to the floor and it's kind of 'cut-in' to the floor like a mini sunken tub. Not a single divider wall and the urinals side by side by side. I mean, they are rubbing shoulders together.

And a line of men waiting. Every urinal taken.

Yeah, I used the stall. Even though I have a PA device that allows me to safely pee standing up, there was no way I was going to stand there and have some dude in a suit notice I was locked.

Ormaz, Pepe_ and littleguy3 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice