Beggars Can't be Choosers, but can Submissives?

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by SmartandObedient, Apr 21, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. SmartandObedient

Law student
    Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    *Disclaimer*
    The following reflection is my personal reflection, and does not purport to explain reality or hold to a general position. These are just my own personal thoughts derived from my own personal experiences. :)

As a submissive, I feel like there's an assumption that whenever an opportunity to engage in a D/s dynamic presents itself, we go after it like a dog after a bone or a shark after blood...

Economics 101, right?
    High demand, low supply...
    Beggars can't be choosers, or so the saying goes...

And maybe there's an added assumption that a submissive SHOULDN'T, on principle, be a chooser, because well...that wouldn't really be submissive of them, would it?

But, I have high standards.

I'm not going to simply grovel at a woman's feet, simply by virtue of the fact that she is dominant.
    Nor am I going to submit in any way to a woman, simply due to the fact that she is dominant.

I'll even add the following...

I'm not going to grovel at a woman's feet, simply by virtue of the fact that she is both beautiful and dominant.
    Nor am I going to submit in any way to a woman, simply by virtue of the fact that she is both beautiful and dominant.

For me, it comes down to more than just a couple of descriptives...
    Intelligence, compatibility, flow of conversation, and shared interests, among other things, are just some of the characteristics I value...

I have even ventured so far to conclude that I just "might" be a sapiosexual.

To conclude:

There are many ways in which submissives should, and are expected to be, on an unequal footing with their superior Dominants (Hence, the capitalized "D" and the lower-case "s").

However, I believe that the demand for a quality Dominant should be just as high as the demand for a quality submissive...for the benefit of each individual and the community as a whole.

2. LadyMoon

Verified Female

Writer
    DFW, Texas
    Local Time:
    4:07 PM
    I agree; there are compatibility factors that need to be met, both at a relational level (as you said, conversation, shared interests) and at a kink level, if an ongoing dynamic and relationship is the ultimate goal.

Though it might not be the case for every dominant woman, I definitely want men who respect my vanilla personality as well as worship my dominance. Just as I want to be able to respect a submissive as well as subjugate him.

3. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    Have to say I agree. I don't expect every submissive to feel they are submissive to me. I have those who submit to me and that is because we have agreed to that. I find that at a fetish club, submission can be very fleeting as it is in place to facilitate playing or a scene. The two involved may well not have that dynamic at any other time.

Certainly @lockit and I do not have the D/s dynamic 24/7, and with the lady I met up with at the weekend, she is not submissive with me at all. We both have an itch that needs scratched so we laugh and joke as we do so.

I feel that submission from one person to another should be because it is something they want to do, not because it is expected.

LadyMoon and lockit like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice