Being sick lead me out of it :(

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Guest 2281, Dec 29, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Guest 2281

Guest 2281 Member

Local Time:
    11:07 PM
    I've been self-locking myself since last June, but I recently fallen sick, I took the decision to unlock in order to concentrate myself over healing... when I will be "ready for service" again, I'll obviously start again, but, as my current cage is a knock-off, and I don't have a KH, I originally wanted to only stop the current session and start a new one, either with an official cage or a KH.
    Should I go for this plan, and order myself a new cage/find myself a KH before I'm healed so I can effectively start fresh like I wanted, or retry the current setup ?

2. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    5:07 PM
    I’m sorry to hear of your illness and hope you get well soon.

What do you mean official cage?

I have a Mature Metal Jailbird and love it. But I don’t look down on what anyone else has. So I’m not sure what you mean.

Having had several CBxxxx I know the difference between mass produced and custom. I’ll recommend people get a better one if they can, but if you choose to get something less expensive then that’s your choice.

Use what you have until you can afford better. Or better yet, use what you have while you save to get something better. An envelope to put a little each day or week or a jar to put your change in can quickly get a nice amount of money if you do it regularly.

Anyway we all are different. So find what works for you as you get better.
    And may you have a speedy recovery.

3. Guest 2281

Guest 2281 Member

Local Time:
    what I meant by official cage is, the cage I own right now is an holy trainer v2 knock-off, paid 20$ on eBay, which quality is not on the same level as the official cage sold by holy trainer (and who cost 150ish $

4. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Hey there!

You know when they give safety briefings on a plane.... They say when the air bag thing drops, sort yourself out first before tending to others...

I think this is your air bag moment.....

What good will you be if you're not healthy yourself......?

Be healthy first... THEN you can be at your best for others...

At least... Thats my opinion....

Good luck!

Kindest regards

J.

homebody and Guest 2281 like this.
  5. Audrey_CD

Audrey_CD Long term member

Volunteer
    Gloucestershire in the UK
    Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    I have a knock off HT V2 and an official V3. There ain't a lot of difference in quality. Having to take sandpaper to the most expensive piece of plastic I'd ever bought was... irritating.

As ILoveMyChoice says get yourself healthy before worrying about anything else.

Guest 2281 and I LOVE my Choice! like this.
  6. Guest 2281

Guest 2281 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your input :)
    I fully intent to get healthy before anything else ^^" (I was a bit annoyed tbh that being sick stop my PB when I first posted)
    Also, I can understand your irritation about sandpaper~ing something that expensive... on my side, I'll certainly put some though on it before paying an official one

7. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    If I was going to invest my time holding someone’s key, I’d want to ensure that they had a proper device that could be worn indefinitely and it would have to be secure enough that I knew they were not slipping out of it without me knowing.

I recommend finding a good metal cage that you can live in so you aren’t pestering your KH to be let out to clean or heal. A PA would be a good investment if you want this as a lifestyle.

8. Guest 2281

Guest 2281 Member

Local Time:
    I agree 100% that's why I originally though of buying an official cage rather than the one I have rn but what Audrey_CD said about the difference between the two make me wonder if I should choose another model than the HolyTrainer...
    so far, the knock-off I have is the cage that hurt me the less, even less than the metal ones I have tried.
    Not having a PA I can't tell if it's really better for security, so I'll take your word on it ^^, but one thing for sure, so far I don't know of a cage that allow a proper cleaning without unlocking (but the cleaning in my opinion should be planned, and performed in presence of the KH, so no funny business can happen ^^

9. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
  10. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Regarding a new cage...

If the knockoff is the best one you've been able to find so far, and you've tried several, there's a good chance a new cage would either offer little improvement, or be actually worse. So if the one you have right now is both reasonably secure and reasonably comfortable, an old saying comes to mind: if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

If you feel you need to improve security, a "genuine" device of the same design will probably not help, because you'll be able to use similar techniques to defeat it. And the same goes for comfort - similar shape and size will likely lead to similar levels of comfort.

The sad truth is that most chastity enthusiasts have to buy way more than one device, and then tinker with what they have to be able to wear it long-term.

Guest 2281 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice