Role Reversal - House Hubby / Working Wife

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Crystal'sPup, Apr 13, 2022.

Random Thread
  1. Crystal'sPup

Crystal'sPup Active member

Local Time:
    6:44 AM
    Hi Everyone!

This is not the type of role reversal that is typically thought about, but I am now a stay at home husband (house hubby) and my wife is now working. I take an honest interest every day to make my wife @HisQueen82 happy when she gets home by making sure things are in order, laundry is done and put away, and some other things I want to start doing but do not want to put here yet since my wife is a member. She has been so busy that we have not done much with our adventurous activities, which is completely understandable considering how busy she has been adjusting to working. I could not be more proud of her and I think that is my drive to have things as perfect as I can for her when she gets home.

Every day, I ask her what I can do to make her happy when she comes home. Usually it is something small, but today I received an unexpected but welcomed response from her, I took a screenshot, it is at the bottom.

I am curious to hear from other house hubbies that are on here to hear about other experiences or even other wives / SO's that have a stay at home husband.

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

2. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    12:44 PM
  3. LockedVince

LockedVince Member

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    I am a mostly house hubby. I work a few hours a week but mainly from home. I do all the cleaning, laundry and take care of most shopping and meals. I also do anything my Queen wants on a day to day basis. It is the greatest life I could of ever hoped for.

Crystal'sPup likes this.
  4. ChasteCouple82

Corporate Trainer
    Southern US
    Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    I’m close to the same situation as LockedVince. I am fortunate to earn enough to only need to work outside of the house a few days a month. The rest I can do from home by giving a few hours a week to it. The rest of the time I’m cleaning, running errands, organizing, shopping, etc. She works full time + in her role, so the dynamic works well. I’m in chastity except when she wants to use her cock and then I’m right back in the cage. It’s one of the best scenarios for us that organically developed and just works out well for us.

soforo likes this.
  5. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    My wife is the primary breadwinner but could not do it without me waiting on her hand and foot.

I also work but make very little money. I'm hoping to change that soon.

I keep craving dominance and humiliation, partially as a response to the stress of our lives and she knows and accepts this.

She doesn't order me to lock up very much but I do all the chores...and I mean all.

My orgasms are generally limited to once a week in the manner she chooses.

Al Stacy likes this.
  6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Thanks for sharing!

7. Andy88

Andy88 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:44 PM
    Same here.. i hd stoped working since losing my job few yrs bk.. she goes out to make a living.. i stil hv som pasive investment.. we hv no children.. she drives hersef n somtimes late returns with last minute asignment, tasks.. visits..diners..just like me previously.. our roles r reversed.. i take care of d house.. im quite handy ard.. ok, i can repair roof leaks.. i can cook up a storm in d kitchen.. we r not fusy eaters.. Sex wise? Its oral for her .. n her alone.. i hv been in chastity for last 6yrs.. d dick is for pro-creation n to pee.. she says.. no more re-creation..

8. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I was a house hubby for a number of years. While I did many chores and always had the evening meal ready for when she got home from work, it took a while until she gave me a specific daily task as she left in the morning every day. Now it doesn't feel right if she doesn't.

9. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    If it weren't for my salary, she would prefer me to be, as she calls it her "house bitch".

10. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have a full time job working 10-12 hours, 5 days a week. When I get home from work I do a quick clean up of whatever clutter might have happened, from dogs or her, sweep, take the dogs out, garbage out, misc dishes, then start on supper.

She gets home and after supper I try to get the dishes done, and pack her lunch for the next day. That’s it during my work week, but my days off I get up when she does, make her coffee and lunch, start laundry, clean bathroom, floors, bedding and start a project around the house…will be mostly outside for the summer on those projects.

If she has something specific she will mention it, the other stuff is expected.

Crystal'sPup likes this.
  11. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    I agree, seeing her eyes light up when things are in order when she arrives home from work gives me so much satisfaction.

12. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    So basically, if she does not want you then you are locked up, how does that work if you had to go somewhere like a doctor appointment when she is not there, just curious :)

13. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    Oooof. I hope your wife does not read this that she could not do it without you, that is a dangerous game. If I ever said that to my wife, the repercussions would be severe.

@HisQueen82 My Queen, with or without me, you would do great things but I am honored to be here to support you, that is my life mission.

14. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    Do you have regular tasks that are just expected? I have a core set of things I make sure are done each day. My wife does not give me specific tasks often right now but I would welcome that if she asked. May I ask why it took a while? Was it her apprehension on telling you what to do?

15. ChasteCouple82

Corporate Trainer
    Southern US
    Local Time:
    We have a backup key that is tamper sealed for emergency situations. In the event of a planned release for the doctor or travel and she can’t be there, then I take replacement tamper seal with me that is numbered. She is notified when I take it off and when it goes back on. Then, I also send her a picture of everything resealed so she can see the new number in use

16. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    The term "role reversal" might imply that the proper or normal role is a woman who stays home and a husband who works. That might have been true in the 1950's in white, polite society...but hasn't really been the case for a very long time now.

Men and women work.

Just recently making casual observations of columns of soldiers boarding aircraft for flights to deployed areas, I didn't count numbers, but observed a large relative percentage of women, as well as men. Men were certainly still the majority, but it would be incorrect to define a role that way. Many households have two breadwinners, while many have just one, and some, none.

When we speak of "role reversal" as putting the man in the place of house husband, submissive, or in a position of reduced authority, by default we are declaring that the normal role is that women are submissive, with less authority. I disagree with that premise at it's most basic root. That is not the natural role of women. The best we can say is that we are defining the dynamic within our own household. In this home, the man is in charge. In this one, the woman. In this one, equals. But none are a reversal.

A man who stays home to cook and clean is as valid as any role one might fill, so long as as it's acceptable to both parties. My ex-wife married, as her current and 7th or 8th husband (I think; I've lost track) a man in a wheel chair. He doesn't work. He's on disability. One would need to be particularly crude to suggest he's not doing his duty by not going out and working, and certainly the fact that he doesn't work isn't a conscious "role reversal." She works (a small miracle for her: the decade or so of our marriage, she didn't work). That's their world. In my own, today, my wife stays home, and I go abroad and work. If I were to be injured and stay home or if she chose to go to work and it supported us, I wouldn't call it a role reversal. That can only apply to the individual case. If the original poster, for example, identifies his relationship as a role reversal, then who is to question it? It's what it is, for him.

I submit that in general terms, a man at home and a woman working is not a role reversal of it's own accord. If the couple determines it to be, then so be it. But to define a role of one sex or gender as working and another sex or gender as attached to the home, is to suggest that either "has their place," and in todays world, that's more than a stretch. It just ain't so.

17. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    Thank you for the reply! For our household, it was a role reversal but not in the normal societal context. I was the one who worked for a long time but due to a health condition, we swapped roles, we were lucky enough to be able to make it off of one income.

Even before this reversal, my wife was always the more dominant one and with her working and out of the house now, that trait has become more prominent. I COMPLETELY agree with what you said about the normal role of a woman being submissive and you make an excellent point. Maybe "reversal" was the wrong word to use; we both are in charge of the house, but my submissiveness is towards her, not the duties of a functional household.

For me, wanting to have her happy when she comes home is not a kink, it is the genuine desire to make things easier for her. So yes, it is not a reversal but more of a shift on what makes our household function efficiently.

What an insightful reply, thank you for taking the time to write that!

18. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    I think that the situation you've described would be idyllic, regardless of who stands in either role. What. you describe is a couple that's happy, and I'm not sure what more one could possibly ask from life, than that.

corsac likes this.
  19. JuneChas

JuneChas Active member

Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    Hi Pup,

I applaud you for what you do and how your dynamic works. I dislike gender roles, they are meaningless in my opinion. It sounds like you and your wife have a dynamic that works for you.

20. SlaveBoy73

SlaveBoy73 Long term member

Local Time:
    My wife cannot walk, feed herself, go to the bathroom by herself, or bathe.

So yeah.

21. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    Thought I would share this. This was my Queen's response to me telling her the socks were folded, made my heart skip for a moment but she let me off easy. She is starting to respond like this more often.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Melange likes this.
  22. Al Stacy

Al Stacy Member

Unemployed poet
    Orlando
    Local Time:
    I work outside the house and inside the house, the way a man ought to

23. Crystal'sPup

Local Time:
    How so? That is very 50's, isn't it? Times have changed. Why is it how it "ought" to be?

24. Al Stacy

Al Stacy Member

Unemployed poet
    Orlando
    Local Time:
    I just meant that you gotta do something. Gardening. Groceries. Gotta stay busy, or you won't feel good about yourself

subhubandy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice