Jailbird conceal-ability and noise from lock

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by akcouple2000, May 10, 2013.

1. akcouple2000

akcouple2000 Member

Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    Just wanted to ask does the jailbird leave a print in the front of pants or does it seem easy to hide?

Does the lock make noise moving around against the medal?

Also would it be possible to use the plastic numbered locking tags in the place of the lock?

2. ormond1912

ormond1912 Member

livermore, ca
    Local Time:
    6:38 PM
    I wear the jailbird with jeans and it is not visible. I have the security screw version but when I use a lock the lock does move around a little, Should be no problem with plastic locks.

3. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    2:38 AM
    Unless you have a massive cage, the JB is usually not visible. Besides, nobody looks anyway. And if they did, so what? Do you look at guy's crotches on the street? Would you point to someone and demand to know what that suspicious bulge is? Of course not. No one's going to do it to you, either.

As far as the lock, I use a typical lock (I got mine before the security screw was an available option). It does not make any noise, because it's an essential part of the mechanism. It sits sideways, not hanging down like the CB-X devices, and helps keep the cage from twisting around. This keeps it pretty much in one position all the time, and it never really touches the cage. So I would not recommend using the plastic tags. You can see the sideways lock in my user album.

4. Toady

Toady Member

Local Time:
    8:38 PM
    I have a Queen's Keep, looks similar, but so far I've worn jeans, dress slacks, and shorts. As far as I can tell, undetectable. Even if someone were close and staring, that would be strange.:) I use the security screw for swimming, completely undetectable.

My lock is pretty tight in the way the two pieces go together, sits sideways, and I've heard no noise.

I asked MM to make mine with both the security screw and the hole for the lock. Frankly, I think they should all be made that way. But, I use the lock at home, for travel, insert a regular screw with an allen wrench, then she puts the plastic lock in the other hole. When I go through tsa, I text her a pic of her seal then remove it and go through security, then lock up and text her a pic of the new seal. I tried just the plastic seal and the whole device twists, it needs something for structure.

You'll really like it though. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice