Chinese male chastity devices A081 and A080 from DHgate

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by BraveChastityLover, Mar 4, 2013.

1. BraveChastityLover

BraveChastityLover New member

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    Forgive me if I make my first post a review. I am afraid I am very shy on forums :(

I've been wanting a chastity cage for a long time. However, I've always had a nagging doubt about spending the money, especially when you see stories about plastic devices splitting. Eventually, I got up courage to order from a Chinese website called www.dhgate.com. It's like a cross between Amazon and Ebay allowing you to purchase direct from the people who manufacture most of the sex toys which we see rebranded on more local sex shop sites. As you might imagine, I was a bit nervous of being royally ripped off, so I did due diligence with web searches first.

I settled on a stainless steel device from a seller called "Coolzhang". Elsewhere on the site it's got the type number A081. It cost USD 28.32, including postage, which in British pounds is nothing (I spend more than that on a bottle of wine each week). And then I waited. It took about fifteen days to arrive. There were no questions from the postal service, nor did anything bad happen to my credit card. I unwrapped with some trepidation, as you might imagine.

[​IMG]

My first impression was that it was small! Then I noticed how big the slot was in the front and started to worry that my penis would squeeze its way out. However, I was pleased that it was most certainly stainless steel and not chrome. Goodness knows how they can afford to make them at that price!

After cleaning it thoroughly, I put it on and locked myself in. The sensation of course was amazing, and the slot at the front turned out to be just right.

The device was completely comfortable except that I had the embarrassing revelation that I was slightly too small for it. When aroused, my penis would get stuck halfway down the cage and there was also an issue when passing water because I did not fill the cage.

For this reason I ordered the A080 - the description said "It is suitable for small penis in Asia"! Here it is.

[​IMG]

The ordering experience was identical and positive. The price was the same but with a discount for being a repeat customer.

It is pretty much the same device, with the same base ring, but a different cage. Again, it is well made and in stainless steel.

When I wear it for more than an hour, I forget its there. Toilet arrangements are fine, one can relieve oneself standing up, though in a public lavatory one needs to use the cubicles rather than expose ones steel underwear! I've worn it for several days at a time, showering happily. Sleeping is no problem, though I would advise you to wear a close fitting pair of underpants. The device is totally secure as long as I am aroused. I could probably get out the back as with all cages so I am led to believe, but I choose not to try. (I certainly could not get out and in again with my girlfriend lying next to me!)

To sum up, I have ordered two devices from "Coolzhang" on Dhgate, and both have been more than satisfactory.

I am led to believe that getting the ring size correct is critical. I was probably lucky with my first order. Were I to repeat the process, given the prices involved, I would probably order all three rings. One suspects also that it is better to have a cage that is slightly too small than too long. I would also urge a buyer to pay attention to the reviews not just for products but also for transactions.

I think that is all I have to say. However if there are any questions, I shall try to answer them.

albert smith and selftied like this.
  2. charles

charles Member

Kent
    Local Time:
    You wouldn't be connected to the company would you by chance? It's just that your first post on the board would appear to be promoting the device and supplier.

3. BraveChastityLover

Local Time:
    God forbid! Just filling out my credit card details brought me out in a cold sweat!

What it is is that I have not posted before or got an account because - frankly - up until this moment I have not really had anything to add to the discussion. Everything I know about chastity comes from boards like this (including the tip to wear tight underpants when sleeping in a cage)!

Other reviews name specific suppliers so that seemed to be OK. In this case I was thinking it was important to be specific since I have used only the one supplier and cannot vouch for the others. (When I was doing my pre-purchase research, I came across people who had ended up with substandard chrome plated models which I believe can flake, which sounds like a bad thing.)

4. richlockedup

richlockedup Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I also bought the second device you reviewed.
    I found it needed a lot of filing/grinding down at the top tab otherwise it would dig into your belly. Even then it does sometimes pinch at that point. Also, the ring on my purchase was nearly a square section and found compared to my other ball trap device would be torturous especially during an erection prone night.

5. richlockedup

richlockedup Member

Ireland
    Local Time:
  6. BraveChastityLover

Local Time:
    That is really interesting. Was I lucky?

7. BraveChastityLover

Local Time:
    Sorry. I am not very good at this forum thing!

I should have gone on to say that I am under the impression that though there are only a few chastity device designs, there are many manufacturers. I am not sure who is pirating who! The point being that the specific supplier would seem to matter, hence my injunction to consider the reviews carefully.

However, I now wonder whether it is down to batch. Perhaps I had "beginner's luck".

My device certainly follows the similar pattern to yours. I did not want to know that I could come in it, however is this not a problem with all such devices? Presumably a vibrator or perhaps an cotton bud would do the trick. Though it sounds uncomfortable!

8. ukshaver001

ukshaver001 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hi
    Can you give us an update on the DHGate device ? We are now seriously considering one of them as the current cages we have we think are too long - allowing me too much growth room and thus problems. If (as we hope) having a smaller cage/shaft area will mean less growth and therefore less slip and tug .....well we will be buying one.
    If anyone knows the best "seller" on DH Gate then please let us know........ are the devices still OK.... has anyone got a bad story or something/someone to avoid ?
    Wife wanted me to locate another "black" device - but alas we cannot seem to locate a smaller shaft device in black

9. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    First of all, about DHGate itself: they keep sending you emails (I unregistered as I was sick of getting them) about "offers"; and one time they had a site-wide 10% off sale that was meant to end on a certain date, so when I went to buy something on that date all the search listings had the 10% off tags and discounted prices, but when you went to the actual pages there was no discount (and when I tried talking to a seller about this he didn't get why I thought the sale would still be on) :/

I ordered the A081 and another style cage from one seller. The other cage (which had a fixed ring and a tighter spiral than the A080) was rusty, and thus not really the best thing to wear (it took me a while to convince the seller of it and he eventually gave me a refund for it and another item that was dodgy, then asked me to never buy from him again :p). The A081 has some quite a few areas where the welding isn't quite right, so when I pulled it out and tried wearing it again a few weeks ago I had some cuts all over my shaft. There are also a few dark spots that appear as if the "steel" is just a chrome coating that has come off. Also, if you look at the picture of the cage, you'll see down the end that there's a large gap; I found this to be large enough for me to slip my finger in and stimulate my glans, until I eventually came :/

I also found it difficult overall to get sizing information about all the available cages (quite a few ads from different sellers contradicted each other, working out available ring sizes was hit and miss, etc.); I also ordered the metal clone of the Curve from a different seller without realising how big it was; at least with the solid base rings they have more sizes available if you ask them, but the hinged rings like in the A081 are limited to three sizes.

A lot of it is also hit and miss: when I ordered the curve clone, it was pictured and advertised with a hinged ring (which at the time I thought I would prefer); it only came with a solid ring as the factory had changed what they were making but the seller didn't bother updating the listing info.

I also ordered a few non-chastity items, one of which was five pairs of leather locking mittens for pet-play (as they didn't sell them individually and I found four other people wanting them); in the end they were plastic, the "leather" was a thin strip around the wrist; they provided locks but no way of locking the mittens; the mittens were extremely small (I don't think my hands are that big but I can barely just squeeze them in) and despite the pictures showing a flat base where your curled-up fists can "walk" on them, they were symmetrical with stitching where the fists would be. Yet another dodgy clone...

I also ordered one of those anal-locks with a ring behind the cock and balls with a ball that goes into your arse (and that had two detachable balls of different sizes); the welds weren't solid and thus there were holes into the balls, and despite not being able to find anything sharp when I checked them I found myself bleeding slightly internally after I tried using it.

All in all, I'm not ordering anything from DHGate again. It might be cheap, but in this case you're definitely paying for quality!

10. Llamaguy

Llamaguy Member

Local Time:
    3:44 PM
    I ordered a similar cage to the second one pictured, but with a urethral tube. It's very comfortable except were the top of the base ring comes together so I put a piece of tape and the pinching stopped. The urethral tube does come out with the device on though but I think I will Loctite it in since it is pretty comfortable. I've actually comfortable on the underside as well with no ball burn.

If the sizing matches your needs, they aren't a bad use of $35.

(oh and it's not magnetic so it's might actually be stainless)

albert smith likes this.
  11. ukshaver001

Local Time:
    Thanks for the updates...........
    We have searched and searched for the combination we want... and at a price that is realistic for someone who is not planning chastity 24/7/356.....so we MAY have a look at DHGate.....
    If only someone did the jailhouse or lancelot..about an inch or 1.5 inches shorter... and in BLACK..........and did not want £200 for it

FireBound likes this.
  12. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    7:44 AM
    It might be 3x or 4x the price, but at least if you purchase a device sold on DHGate from an actual shop, you're probably less likely to have quality control issues...

13. ukshaver001

Local Time:
    We dont disagree - but have u seen any A081 type devices in black ? Or a balck jailhouse or lancelot style thats a bit shorter ? The worst thing is we dont know if a shorter device would stop the growth and pull factor.....
    As I stated in another post - we almost need a "try before u buy" shop

14. BraveChastityLover

Local Time:
    It is still performing as required and has had considerable continuous use. The square locking post formed by the ring is perhaps a little too sharply cornered but I have not yet had the courage to take a file to it since if it is not stainless steel, that will spoil the finish. It is certainly most comfortable except in the ways that it is supposed to be uncomfortable if you get my drift. :)

albert smith likes this.
  15. BraveChastityLover

Local Time:

Does the tube make it more secure, can I ask?

16. Llamaguy

Llamaguy Member

Local Time:
    3:44 PM
    The tube isn't securely fastened normally, but I could not get use to it being in without pain/minor bleedings. With it in though I don't think you could withdraw AND put it back in.

17. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    Not to pile on, but I ordered a T-styled full belt from DHGate and it was total crap. I need to sit down and write a review but everytime I start I get so pissed off I walk away from the computer. Complete. Crap.

Happy the OP had a good experience.

18. selftied

selftied Member

Toronto
    Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Just want to say that I just ordered to A080 based on this discussion, so I'll let you know how it goes!

19. ukshaver001

Local Time:
    Any news on the A080 ??

20. selftied

selftied Member

Toronto
    Local Time:

Yep! I got it surprisingly quickly, and it is honestly very nice. The quality is impressive! At first when I tried wearing it, because it's so small it pushed away from my body quite a bit, so I was convinced I needed a smaller ring. I tried it on again recently though and it felt pretty great, if anything perhaps too tight a ring, so now I'm not sure. But for the price, it's surprisingly good.

I also recently got a cb6000 that fits me like a glove, so I'm in that now. But if that breaks, I'll be using the a080. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

21. ukshaver001

Local Time:
    So - my queston is - you said there seemed to be a bit of push away..... We are hopeful that a smaller device would mean less groth room so less pulling. The ones we have are a bit large and therefore when i grow they can pull down teh shaft leaving the balls really tight. Hopeful that a smaller device would have less chance of this.............but from what you are saying the problem still occurs.........

22. selftied

selftied Member

Toronto
    Local Time:

People define proper fit in different ways. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done completely for the push away, though I do think a smaller cage helps. Though it's for custom devices, you should give PansyTart's measuring guide a read. He deals with some things that he thinks are misconceptions about fit, and there's a nice discussion afterwards. Not everyone agrees with him, but it gives you something to think about...

http://chastitymansion.com/forums/threads/pansytarts-measuring-system-for-custom-fit-devices.5673/

albert smith likes this.
  23. ukshaver001

Local Time:
    Many thanks
    Our "smaller" device arrived the other day. It is definitely shorter but it is also a bit wider. I triple checked the measurements and its a bit wider than was expected. So we now have 3 cheapie devices... Two black ones that are tighter but longer and one silver (working on how to make it black) wider but shorter.
    The new shorter one did indeed "pull down and away" a but from the overnight over-active brain........but it was OK. Sadly it is definitely wider and more difficult to conceal under clothing.
    Still - we have paid less for these three than any of the "professional" devices.. and we are very happy to keep this as a current playtime activity...
    The 9 nights running up to our weekend away were fantastic

24. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

retired academic/consultant
    UK
    Local Time:
    As a replacement for my somewhat flaky Sentinel and torn Birdlocked I recently purchased one of these:-

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bondage-chastity-belt-18-8-stainless-steel/164804218.html

Although the one I actually received did not have the urethral insert (and I'm having some difficulty making them understand what they did wrong which is a shame as, having seen the quality of this one, I would really like to re-order if they can ensure I will get one with the insert next time).

I posted brief review on the DHGate page but will report back here when I have had more time to assess the device but thus far I'm amazed at the quality of the product for such a low price.

25. selftied

selftied Member

Toronto
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice