Time lock safe

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by shinynicole, Jul 23, 2012.

1. shinynicole

shinynicole Sissy

Local Time:
    11:07 AM
    Hi All

Anyone know of a cheep time lock safe or timer padlock, I want to try some self locking but all I can find are really expensive.
    Or anyone know how to make a time lock device.

2. shinynicole

shinynicole Sissy

Local Time:
    ok so I have spent ages online looking into this and so far the best I have found is this
    http://www.dreamloverlabs.com/chronovault.php
    which I'm posting in case anyone else is interested in this but for me £314 is a little too much

Multifaceted Moi likes this.
  3. Personal Property

Personal Property Personal Property

Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    I have one and it works great. Fun remote safe and it looks good too.
    PP

4. shinynicole

shinynicole Sissy

Local Time:
    Hi PP
    that's so cool I really love there site and the DreamLover 2000 looks great too, just wish they weren't so expensive :sad0147:

I also found this on amazon but it's not made anymore :sad0147:
    http://www.amazon.com/Summit-YOUniverse-Time-Lock-Safe/dp/B0001M80WW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
    So the next option is a safe with a time lock which is about £200 - £300.
    I can't believe that no one is making a cheaper option.
    I have seen the encrypted file sites where you take a photo of a combination lock then encrypt it for a set time but I don't like the idea of them or posting the key to myself or freezing it.
    I think I'm going to have to make something but then I know how to get into it :sad0147:

5. chastiff

chastiff Long term member

Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    10:07 AM
    I use a masterlock one/speed dial. 10 or more movement lock so I can't remember or guess the code and I use a online key safe site to lock the release code. At least that what I was used to do till Mistress Deborah greed to key hold for me

6. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Do you have an android phone? I'm designing one that uses the phone as the control for the safe.
    It still needs plenty of work but soon I'll be looking for testers.

Heres the last video I took of the work in progress. It still needs some work but its coming along nicely.

7. shinynicole

shinynicole Sissy

Local Time:
    Lock Up that's amazing work well done and I would be frilled to be a tester for you

8. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Believe me if this chap says he will make this work you can believe it 100%. Just spent ages on the phone with him getting my computer sorted as that is what he is ace at! Cannot speak highly enough of his talents (computer that is!) cheers mate cant wait to see the finished article and i am sure it will be a winner.

9. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It just needed poking the right way. Would of helped with we had a more stable connection or if I was at the machine :p

Anyways, after I got of the phone with you I made a quick PCB to keep coding in. Its a mess :p needs a redesign but for a quick job to make it more stable then in the breadboard :)

Attached Files:

10. severin

severin property

Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    CapturedDiscipline.com, $99 and works very nicely.

This is a steel time safe, you lock it, and it will open at the given time. Max 99 hours though. If you push one button, it relocks for another 99 hours.

It also have features for incremental time etc. Think it for built for stop smoking, dieting etc.

Multifaceted Moi likes this.
  11. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My aim is simple. I wanted to make something for my own needs. And other people have those needs too. So I want to make something for the kink world byt the kink world. being net enabled means the software in the safe itself can be updated too.

Basically, I need a time lock safe, something that can be opened remotely so thats what I am building. If people want it I will build it. My only thing is this. This site introduced me to my mistress so this is the site I decided to start out with. Its a give back to the community I found myself in.

BTW, I've seen that safe and still thought I needed more from it so I decided to make my own :)

12. mortice

mortice New member

Local Time:
    I shall throw in a plug here for my own product - MortiSafe, a time or remote controlled keysafe.

This is a digital safe which will secure something (such as chastity belt keys) either until a specified time has passed or until authorised by a remote person.

Take a look at the details on http://mortisafe.com where you'll find a full explanation and pics and videos.

You can buy one for around £88/$130 or buy a kit to convert an existing digital safe for around £30/$46

Check out the website, and feel free to message me there or here,

LockedUpMale, very interesting to see what you're up to, there are probably lots of projects like our going on.

mortice

Leolocked likes this.
  13. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hey there mortice. Always been a fan of your site. Yup prob lots of us doing this as there isn't something off the shelf that fits us. Imagine what we would build if all us kinky geeks put our heads together.

14. hammyma

hammyma Member

Local Time:
    10:07 AM
    Don't do this yourself. Unless you are comfortable with a soldering iron, programming, ribbon cable and other electronic DIY. The ingredients for this recipe include one of those electronic safes and a clever little Italian device called an Arduino. The safe comes with a warning sticker 'Do not lock the keys in the safe'. Ignore that as well.
    I found the Arduino for a completely different project and the light bulb came on in my head: just what is needed for those of us who play alone. A few days later and I'm watching a flashing LED reminding me how long it will be until I can open the safe.
    The safe has a keypad on the outside and a circuit board inside. On the circuit board is a 14 pin DIL chip that controls it. I stripped most of the stuff off the circuit board, leaving the LEDs and the solenoid drive transistor, figured a way of piggy backing a transition header onto the space left by the chip and connected up the Arduino. A couple of hundred lines of C code (a lot of it involved in debouncing the keys: you really do not want to press a key twice by mistake) and my key is locked away for another 400+ hours (not sure how long: lost count of the flashes).
    On the keypad, numbers 1...9 will add 1...256 hours to the lock time. I made the zero a wild card: anything from 10 minutes to a month (*bad* idea). The red LED flashes on for a second and off for a second. The yellow LED flashes on for a second and off for seconds equal to twice the number of hours left for the lockup. So I can watch and wait for the yellow and then count the number of times the red flashes to find out how long is left. When yellow stays on I can press the 'A' key and the safe unlocks.
    There's a mains power supply and a backup battery inside the safe. The Arduino has some EEPROM and every hour or so I've coded it to save the outstanding time to EEPROM, so that if it ever did lose power, it would still not open until the timer ran down.
    To make it more fun, when the timer does run down, it will only stay unlockable for a short period: 2 to 10 minutes. If I miss the window, it locks itself back for 10 to 50 minutes. (Random number generators are so much fun.) With these settings, it is unlockable for 20% of the time, but if I have to go to the loo at the wrong time I can miss my chance.
    I suppose it could be fun for two as well. After all, just close the safe and the locker can press buttons at random. The upper limit on the timer is a couple of lifetimes (I think).
    As I said, do not do this yourself, unless... And especially not if you have kids in the house: small children just love to press buttons.

15. mortice

mortice New member

Local Time:
    Newbie - sounds like fun :)

I've had numerous designs for my MortiSafe and have used and Arduino for some of them. One of my design critieria was a system which would be easy to build, based on wanting to publish details so people could make their own or others could make and sell them, and also to be generic to any safe so I'm interfacing much more simply (just cutting power).

But sounds great as a personal project to take away the safe electronics and use its keypad etc, and when programming it you can be as creative as you like with features. Neat.

16. jlatex

jlatex Mmmmm caged

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi all. I was looking for a solution to this problem for a while and decided it would be fun to build my own - inspiration came from a GPS lockbox present on some web site, so what we have is a small wooden box with a servo motor in one side and a metal bar on the other, when the servo is in one position the box easily opens, otherwise it's kept mostly shut. Although it's quite a tight lock, a plastic box inside ensures you can't shake a key through the <1mm gap when locked. It runs on an arduino pro mini and the software lets you select a time in 30 minute increments then lock the box, after that you have to wait for the time to expire for it to open (or you can add extra time using the buttons). It uses a real time clock module so the box stays locked even without power, and when it gets power again it figures out how long is now left or if it should open up.

lockbox1.jpg lockbox2.jpg lockbox3.jpg

17. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:

The current version of the software i'm working on. Me and jen are working out the bugs and I'm thinking about things its missing and people (well me) will want. Justa head up we are working on :)

emka8 likes this.
  18. petterpan

petterpan New member

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    I was also looking for self-locking solution in budget way for quite a long time. I've researched/tried several solutions so far:

1. CapturedDiscipline.com, time safe lock $99+shipping, it works but has some limits: the longest setting of locking time is capped at 99 hours (4.1 days), and if the AA battery dead during the locking time, there is no way to open it except a backup key. But the thing is I usually put the backup key in the safe to prevent me open it , so when the AA battery dead, I was so frustrated and thanks god I finally have a contact with the time safe customer support and they sent me another backup key via 1st class mail. (update: the safe lock's locking-motor is dead with less than 1 year usage, now it just a steel storage box for me and anyone one can open it with/without key :-( )

2. Chronovault from http://www.dreamloverlabs.com/chronovault.php seems a very good product, it has maximum timer interval for 21 years, with battery life 6.9 months, and it is controlled by computer software, i.e.: the box use a usb to connect to computer, you configure it directly from your computer, after that unplug it and you are all set. The sad part is it is too expensive USD499, and I just can not afford it.

3. I keep searching on the internet and found http://time.lockedalot.com, basically, TimeLock is a Windows based program designed to encrypt a file for a specified amount of time. During that time the original file will be totally unavailable. At the end of the time the file will be decrypted for you to view. The idea is have your belt locked with a combination lock or the keys placed in a strong box that is locked with a combination lock.Then You should be able to randomly scramble the lock setting without looking and then take a picture of it with the camera. After that, you upload it your computer, run the TimeLock program and use it to encrypt the picture for a preset time. The solution is inexpensive though sort of complicated, and it has some security issue: you can fool the software by change your computer's system time, thus can release the file earlier than it should be. (Update: the website: TimeLock is undergoing a major upgrade. This will take some months at least. Until the upgrade is finished I will be accepting no payments for TimeLock.)

4. Finally, I had thought there is no perfectly inexpensive way for self-locking, I've had a conversion about that time lock software with one of my friend who is a iPhone app developer, and he is willing to make a time lock app for me. I told him the basic idea is like the one on the http://time.lockedalot.com but it should be secure: system time should be tamper-proof. And it also should have a backup key mechanism like CapturedDiscipline.com for just in case I need it. several months past ,after I nearly forget the conversation, I got a phone call from my friend last week and he told me that the app I requested is available on iPhone App Store for $10 and kindly gave me a gift code to save me some bucks.

I was so excited and immediately downloaded it ( just search:"Photo Time Lock" on iTunes App Store, Link ), the User Interface is clean and straight forward, just like other Apple 's built-in App. it has a tamperproof mechanism so if I tried to change my iphone's system time, I got "system time is not matched" error for any locked picture; My friend told me that he is using something called NTP to verify time with 10 internet time providing servers located all over the world, unless you can hack more than half of those internet servers, there is no way to fool the app to make you unlock the picture earlier than it set.

This app also has a "Passcode Unlock" feature, it works just like a key-holder; you let someone else to set a general passcode for the app. When you create new photo lock, be sure to turn on this feature, then the photo can be unlocked anytime by enter the passcode even the timer has not reached.

I found it is also much earlier to use compared to http://time.lockedalot.com, since you can do all the procedure via your iPhone; just open this Photo Time Lock app, create a new lock ,pre-set the timer, then took a picture of the randomly scramble lock,check the picture via thumbnail, tap "Start",then the discipline starts. About the cost, although $10 is kind of expensive for an iPhone app, but definitely a budget way for a self-locking solution. I've used it for several days and haven't found any problem, if I do have, i will definitely told my friend to fix it.

Hope this helps.

19. buggy82

buggy82 Junior Member

Local Time:
    This is not correct. TimeLock as well uses Internet timeservers using the TIME Protocol (RFC868) to get the current time. It does not rely on system time. That would be pretty dumb and not one would pay 20 USD/EUR for it. All local applications do have to verify the time externally and are therefore vulnerable to hacking/redirecting attacks on the network communication to the time servers.

P.S.: That, of course, includes iPhone App Communication to a Time Server. More tricky than on a windows/linux system, but still possible as long as there is no safe and encrypted server authentication in use. But who (apart from us) would have an interest in hacking time server communication.

20. petterpan

petterpan New member

Local Time:
    Hi, buggy82, maybe I was wrong about TimeLock, thanks for correcting me. :p I agreed that there is no absolutely "safe" solution since even the software part is secure, I can just break the combination lock with a axe, and which i thought would be easier than hack the time server.

21. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've had a LONG day. I'll have a another read in the morning. But I think you're a candidate for beta testing once I have it finalized:)

22. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Not any more. It now has a version for up to 999 days.

NightA likes this.
  23. keyless

keyless Just another freak.

Local Time:
    That Timelock link has been dead for months. Their other page (timelock.rules.it) links to a competing (online, free) product, http://keyholder.r307.com/

24. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    NightA and Joroincharge like this.
  25. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice