Review of Lori 18A

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by mrsj, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mrsj

mrsj Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:57 PM
    I've received and have worn my 18A for a few weeks now and thought I would post a review. Previous devices I have worn include cb2000 & 6000, mature metal, and birdcage.

I've wanted a Lori for a long time and finally pulled the trigger last summer. I went and got a pa piercing in July at 10g and and ordered my device with a 6ga pin in mid-September. I had no trouble stretching from 10g to 6g in 2 months or so. I was worried about a newer piecrcing supporting the device but as people may know, Lori's wait times have grown recently so I ended up getting some extra "healing" time. This was the only negative in the whole process, I was told 3 months and it ended up being 5 months. As far as piercing soreness I have had no problems, the device does not put any pressure on it at all.

I ended up ordering the 18A, with recessed security screws and a swinging pa pin. I chose the 18A due to the open design and the wait on the 2 series.

I know there have been some negative reviews about customer service but I did not have any issues at all. I had many questions before I placed my initial order and Lori took the time to answer everything. When I first received my device, the base ring was too small (not her fault) and I had to have it sent back for enlargement. This only took about a week including mail time so she able to get this done and turned around right away which was great.

I used my previous device (cb6000) as well as a tape measure to come up with my measurements. I know there are a lot of different ideas for getting correct sizing...I don't know if what I did would work for everyone but it worked really well for me. I use the middle ring on the cb6000 so I sized the base ring off of that. The base rings on the cb6000 are oval which I think allows me to use a smaller ring so I requested the same thing from her. She does oval rings but builds them with the larger measurement up and down not sideways like the cb6000 rings. As mentioned, I had to send it back to be enlarged. The measurements were correct initially so I'm not sure why it needed to be bigger but it did so I had her increase it by 1/8. The oval ring (as she says, like an egg standing on end) is perfect and the most comfortable ring I've ever worn on any device, I think the oval design is part or maybe most of the reason for this. I sized the diameter of the cage off the cb 6000, which I filled fairly tightly and had her build the head area 1/8 larger. For the length I had her build it 1/2" shorter than my normal flacid lenth of 4". My thinking was to try and keep pressure off the piercing by allowing for some shrinkage...in other words, my flacid length is usually 4" but at certain times i.e colder, it can be less.

I was concerned about the security of the security screws, I read a review one time that someone was able to defeat these with a regual small screwdriver. In short, no way. Security is very important to me and while I don't think any device is 100% secure (with enough time and tools I could get it off, but also destroy it) this is as close as you can get.

Lori recommended a swinging pa pin for active people and I think she was right on. I have no pinching pullilng or anything that would aggravate the piercing.

The device is a perfect fit, I've had it on since the ring came back with no discomfort at all which I find amazing, the pa pin looks like a sword and the device is heavy. It is by far the most comfortable device I have worn. I lead an active lifestyle and no issues here either which also suprised me. I've even handed the keys over to my wife already I'm already certain that I can wear it as long as she wants me to. The mental aspect of finally having a device that is very secure is pretty cool.

I'd be happy to answer further questions on this forum should anyone have any.

Edit: surprisingly I can stand and urinate and wouldn't hesitate in a pubilc restroom. For those with a pa ring you know even the can be difficult at times but I have no problem doing this with my device.

Jchn likes this.
  2. mrsj

mrsj Junior Member

Local Time:
    Update - Piercing became sore, after 2 weeks of constant wear. I was pretty sure this was from the design of the swinging PA pin not from the device putting pressure on it. The swinging PA pin moves vertically up and back into the device giving some freedom for things to move slightly the purpose being to keep pressure off of the piercing. The pin actually stuck out of the device quite a bit, maybe 3/4" to 1". So every time I moved in such a way the my clothes came into contact with the pin, there would be 3/4" to 1'" of movement until the pin was pushed back and flush with the end of the device. The constant movement, when sitting, walking etc really irritated the piercing. I cut the PA pin so only about 1/4" remained sticking out of the device in it's most forward position. At it's most rearward, the pin moves to a vertical position inside the device, a little further than it did before but there is no chance for pullout. Obviously there is still a little movement of the pin when contacting my clothes but it is much less and I can't feel it so the irritation is completely gone. The device itself is still very comfortable, no issues whatsoever besides the piercing soreness which I'm 100% sure is a thing of the past.

3. mrsj

mrsj Junior Member

Local Time:
    Another update - It's been 2 weeks since I shortened the piercing pin. I was pretty sure that this would take care of the problem and it has, no further irritation. I now have a device that is about as secure as you can get and also one that is easy to keep clean, my wife is loving it. It only needs to come off when she wants and when it does (less often than the old one did) everything is clean and ready to go. It remains very comfortable I can really do anything in it and don't even really notice it. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a Lori but I'm really glad I did.

4. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    Congratulations! :)

5. lockedup808

lockedup808 Living life looking through a rose colored chastit

Local Time:
    5:57 PM
    Super great feedback! I just ordered an 8A, and will have Lori change the pin. Totally makes sense.
    Would you rather have a fixed pin?
    Thanks!

6. mrsj

mrsj Junior Member

Local Time:
    I've often wondered if a fixed pin would be better/worse. She recommended the swinging pin for active people. And I haven't had any problems at all since I shortened the pin. If I turtle a bit, like bending over at the waist, the pin moves back and there is no pressure on my piercing. I can literally do anything in this device so if I ordered a different device I would probably still get the swinging pin again. One other thing to consider....I saw you mentioned your device in another thread, you don't use a basering...I wonder how or if that would make one pin better than the other? But then again, I think the 8A has a ring?

Glad you posted in this thread, I was going to add a "final update" anyway. I'm happier with this device than I ever thought I would be. It's added a whole new level to our chastity play too. Maybe it's coincidence, but my wife has upped her game by quite a bit since we got the lori. We've been playing for a number of years and it's always ebbed and flowed. Seems I'm heading toward that category of "be careful what you wish for". Too fun, I can't wait....

7. lockedup808

lockedup808 Living life looking through a rose colored chastit

Local Time:
    5:57 PM
    :))

Good luck with it!
    thanks for the feedback.

8. TeasedPDB

TeasedPDB Member

Local Time:
    10:57 PM
    Congrats! Great to hear it is working out. I have ordered a #15 and am just waiting for it to arrive. I also had many questions for Lori prior to placing my order and had quick and thorough responses from her. Just waitiing...

9. pe672

pe672 pe672

Retired
    Homosassa Florida USA
    Local Time:
    I have had an 18A since September of 08 and have worn it 100 days straight on more than one occasion. Recently after about 57 days, it began to get sore. It was removed and a few days of sea salt, everything was fine. I decided to send it back to change the pin size from 6 to 2 and to close in the underside hole.

10. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    Hey. Glad I found your post. I've had my 18a for years now and have had the same kind of problem with the swinging pin causing soreness. From what you described, I feel my situation is very similar. When wearing any kind of clothing that pushes the swinging pin back into the device, that constant pressure on the inside of the urethra can cause pain and irritation. If there is no pressure on the pin, there is no problem. My pin is 8 gauge, and I am afraid that if I shortened it it would lose effectiveness. Any advice? Maybe I need to increase the gauge size, so the length of the pin can be shortened? My KH will be pissed if we need to send it back again!

11. emsprisoner

emsprisoner Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:57 AM
    Did you get the underside hole closed because of irritation? It's been a bit of a problem with my 18a. I recently purchased a rotary hobby tool and opened it up and rounded the edges off a fair bit and it seems better so far. It think the rear hole should either be closed off n these devices or opened up in a similar way to the over holes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice