Coloring your CB-6000s

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by juniorbottom, Mar 29, 2010.

1. erin_1987

erin_1987 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    Also has anyone complained of the color rubbing off in underwear. My wife would kill me if I ruined a pair.

2. chastityboy7204

Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    I am going to try this soon has anyone did Blue....

3. SoumisCH

SoumisCH Active member

Lausanne, CH
    Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    I love it and I wish I could do a nice rainbow for my Princess.

4. petevans

petevans Member

South Wales
    Local Time:
    Wow! That's incredible - I had no idea that you could dye the CBs. I spray painted my CB3K (black) not that successful as it chips etc - but now have a CB6Ks clear & was thinking about painting it. Especially as I've glued in studs, but colour of glue makes it looks yuk! Think you might have started something! I wonder if product is available in the UK or if any dye will work?

5. chastice

chastice Junior Member

Local Time:
    Oooh!....
    I have to dye mine pink and I'm surprised the manufacturers never thought of it!
    Who wants a camouflaged CB :rolleyes:

6. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Wish I had found this sooner. I just recently upgraded to a MM Queen's Keep, but may still dye my 6000s and wear it on 'special occasions'.

7. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    And would also go with pink btw.

8. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    Well, today I set out to pick up some Rit dye. I went to two different supermarkets, and only one of them carried dye, and then only in black. Then tried a pharmacy. They did not carry Rit brand dye, but had another brand on clearance. Unfortunately they did not have red. They did have dusty rose, so I tried that. I threw my 6000s in, along with a pair of white tights (that I haven't worn in years). The tights are now definitely dusty rose in color, but my 6000s has only a very very slight hint of pinkness.

I wanted my CB to be pink, and my tights to be red. I guess I'll have to keep looking for the red Rit dye, or order some from drugstore.com next time I place an order with them (I live in Canada).

9. phoopha

phoopha Junior Member

Local Time:
    Nice job! I used glass paints on mine to do a snake design. :)

10. MsLigeia

MsLigeia New member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    I am so very pleased that my pet came across this post. I have been disappointed that my pet can escape his pink Birdlocked, despite a PA piercing and security cable, as I really do love the additional feminization factor of a pink chastity device. Back to the drawing board to better secure MY cock away from my mischievous pet...

I'm browsing Amazon for dyes and a quick question to those of you who have dyed your CBs successfully. Did you use the liquid dye or the solution made from the powder dye? I do plan to look at the hardware shop this weekend when I go to buy some materials for the modifications for pet's CB6000s, but I thought I would ask in advance.

11. not allowed

not allowed Junior Member

Local Time:
    What a great thread, I was thinking of buying a cheap CB6000s to test sizes before investing in a Steelheart 2 but I was unhappy about the see through colour as I have a CB3000 in black that I love the look of. Problem solved now though!

12. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is FANTASTIC! It's just the sort of thing I love. LOL.

I think in the UK our best fabric dye is Dylon, I must try and remember to look when I'm next in HobbyCraft and see if there are any alternatives.

Well done, I think it's great and something definitely to get excited about! LOL.

13. teenietard

teenietard New member

Local Time:
    Hello,

Can you tell my which colour you used? I am from Germany and I want to colour my husbands cb6000s too.

Can you post a picture or link of the colour you used?

Karin

14. Red_Flag_Sam

Red_Flag_Sam Active member

Local Time:
    Might have to have a go at dyeing mine black... always wanted to have a dark coloured CB that meant I couldn't see my cock through it. Will have a chat to Mistress!

15. yung_n_nude

yung_n_nude New member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    I tried to dye mine using red Rit powder dye at a much stronger concentration than the box said. I used three cups of water and the whole pouch. The box says 2 to 3 gallons. I kept it hot on the stove just below a simmer for about an hour. The larger ring which I use and the cage itself got a very light pink which doesn't really show up when it is on. The rings, backing plates and spacers did not color at all. The pins are now red including the two attached to the backing plate. Did I need to prep the device with something first? I did a very good job cleaning with warm soapy water to make sure it was clean but that was it. Help. I would really like to dye this. The original poster mentioned that he did it for only thirty minutes. Nobody else has mentioned how much time they left it.

16. cnlh

cnlh Member

North Carolina
    Local Time:
    I tried this tonight with the purple I let sit for a hour and it didn't to the cb 6000s any ideas of what I did wrong I used hot water and I used the dye as the bottle said and stirred it

17. Locked-Jester

Locked-Jester Member

Local Time:
    I want to do mine, just came in and new to the chastity life.....sure the wife will want pink or blue.....but seeing people having issues trying it i would like more feedback.....

18. Valerie

Valerie Member

Local Time:
    I realize this is an old thread, but it's an update.

I've looked into this thread and many have pointed me to it. After trying to dye my device for over an hour in boiling rit dye (both powered and liquid) and not getting the results that was first seen in this thread, I was about ready to chalk it up to urban legend. Until I found this notice posted from Rit Dye's facebook (date Feb 2012)...

"Rit Dye Old Formula Color Update:
    For Disc Dyers and other friends who dye plastics (made out of polycarbonates and polyethylene), we wanted to give you an update on the colors available in the old Rit formula.

Right now...
    Rit Retail POWDER Dye: Teal, Wine, Purple, Black, Cocoa Brown, Dark Brown, Navy Blue, Taupe, Dark Green and Denim Blue are the only colors available in the old formula. In the future, these colors will be transitioning to the new formula.

Rit Bulk PRO-LINE POWDER: ALL dye colors are available in the old formula and will be for the foreseeable future. These can be ordered online.

Rit LIQUID Dyes: All colors have been converted to the new formula and will not dye polyethylene and polycarbonate plastics. However, Rit will dye nylon-based plastics, such as those used to make buttons, fasteners, golf balls and La Crosse handles.

There might be stock of old formula Rit dyes on some retail shelves. To identify the old vs new formula, the new formula is marked "ND" on the cap of the liquid dyes and on the inner packet of the powder dye. So, anything marked "ND" will not work on polycarbonates and polyethylene plastics."

So there you have it. It's possible, it may dye a device like the Holy Trainer (I'm unsure about Bioresin...) but it will not be dying anymore chastity devices from the CB line. I'm going to be buying some of the Pro-Line powder and giving that a go.

19. Herneedmystruggle

Herneedmystruggle New member

Local Time:
    12:23 PM
    If this is possible I want to it...

20. Valerie

Valerie Member

Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice