Placement of Neosteel hip belt

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by shane67, Mar 3, 2012.

1. shane67

shane67 Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    I've done a lot of research on the Neosteel hip belts and I know that the placement of the hip belt is extremely important, but I'm still confused as to where it sits on the hips. I'll try to ask the question as precisely as I can: is the bottom edge of the hip band ever higher than the higest point of the hip bone?

Thanks,
    -S

2. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    I'd say that the bottom edge of the belt should be just above the crack of your ass. It should go right over the "sharp points" of your hip bones in the front. So, the top edge of the belt sits well below the top of your hip bones. Thus, below the top of your underwear and pants, as well.

That might be a good placement, though I'm sure plenty of folks will disagree with me.

3. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    Actually, if you have the belt this low, it will probably go a bit below the "sharp points" of your hip bones in the front. I think that having the belt loose enough that you can adjust it a bit makes a big difference.

4. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    8:43 AM

yes it is ...check the pictures.there you can see how the belt sits....reg. GWENY

Attached Files:

5. shane67

shane67 Junior Member

Local Time:
    If it's that low, can't you just push down on the belt real hard and slip out of the belt? I thought the diameter of the belt being smaller than the diameter of your hip bones (implying that some part of the belt has to be higher than the highest point of your hip bone) was what made the belt "secure".

6. shane67

shane67 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks. From the pictures, this is what it looks like to me: at the two points of the belt where it starts curving downwards, the belt is sitting below the very top of the hip bone? Somebody should draw a picture of how it looks on a skeleton. :)

7. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    Maybe we're talking about two different belts. I'm talking about the Neosteel Masterpiece belt with The Arch. It is more like their "Sports Belt", in that it doesn't go OVER the hipbones, but AROUND the hipbones...lower down.

There's no way to just push down real hard and slip out (if only! :eek:) )...if the measurements are correct.

One more thing to look out for...when measuring the central length from front to back, give yourself about 3 cm of slack. You need to be able to crouch down without being split in two, or else the measurement is too short. Dr. Mende suggests things be tighter than I found comfortable.

Just my four cents (inflation, you know)
    JustLocked

8. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    the "arch" or the sports T/V both belts sits the same..i wear belts both typs for almost 7 years , they sit perfect and it is impossible to slip out of the belt..yes it is tight but comfortable tight. i wear the both belts 24/7 either the T/V or the "arch" , which one is better ,,well i don`t know ,there is no better ONLY ,,, different ! if i feel to wear the "arch" i wear the "arch" and from time to time like to wear the T/V it depends in which mood am i... reg. gweny

9. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    P/S hipbelt and "arch" !!

Attached Files:

10. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    <p> </p>>

11. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    <p> </p>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">On the right and left of your belly you find bones which have the shape like a &quot;7&quot;.</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">Take a felt tipped pen and mark the corner of the &quot;7&quot; on your skin.</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">Now put on a strong leather belt that the marks on your skin are at the top edge of the leather belt.</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">So the leather belt runs over the long angle of the &quot;7&quot; and it looks like &quot;-/-&quot;.</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; "> </div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">When you now press from the outside with your thumbs on the leather belt you press on the long angle of the &quot;7&quot;. This can be seen on the video instructions which come with the Neosteel's CB Measuring Kit.</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969); font-size: small; ">reg. GWENY</div>

12. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:

On the right and left of your belly you find bones which have the shape like a "7".

Take a felt tipped pen and mark the corner of the "7" on your skin.

Now put on a strong leather belt that the marks on your skin are at the top edge of the leather belt.

So the leather belt runs over the long angle of the "7" and it looks like "-/-".

When you now press from the outside with your thumbs on the leather belt you press on the long angle of the "7". This can be seen on the video instructions which come with the Neosteel's CB Measuring Kit.

Damit ist aber doch "the bottom edge of the hip band" tiefer und nicht höher als "the highest point of the hip bone"!? Vielmehr ist sogar "the top edge of the hipband" lower than the highest point of the hip bone".

So I would recommend to order a CB Measuring Kit and to follow the video instructions carefully to get reliable measurements.

13. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    Absolutely! But in those instructions, Dr. Mende suggests making everything extremely tight. I measured the middle length for the Arch a bit too short. It's tough to get that measurement right, I think. I ended up having to send it back and get a cable 3.5 cm longer. The Masterpiece belt is loose enough to be able to move it around and readjust where it rests on my hips by about 2 cm or so...which means it's about as comfortable as a a steel band can be.

14. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    1:43 AM
    That is one of the toughest measurements to make. I know I would have gotten it wrong. Luck for me I was size in person by Mr Mendel. Now as I sit here typing to you, my belt is right in the crease between belly and thighs. I'm a some-what-plump girly any my hip points where very hard to pinpoint even for Mr Mendel. But once you find the right spot and tightest it will become comfy after breaking your body into wearing a steel belt. Mine is tight but not uncomfortable. I cannot even with lube slip it over my hip bones. Once the pin in the lock had came unscrewed, trapping me for a short time. Talk about panicking. But took many deep breaths and fingered it out.

So here is my personal input. put a belt around your hips, just above where you think your hip points are. Sit in a normal chair. The belt should be placed right in the seam you just created between your waist and thighs. Hope this helped some.

Missy loving her belt, Tanya

15. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    What???? Could you please elaborate...as I'm locked at the moment, and now busily freaking out. What came unscrewed? How'd you fix it?

Yikes!

16. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    nothing to worry,,happend to me as well years back. on the padlock is a lttle pin screwed in and that pin can come unscrewed and loose..i srewed it back in with a little locktide and that was it ..reg. GWENY

17. JustLocked

JustLocked Member

Local Time:
    Okay, off to the store for some Locktite. If I ever get out, I'll fix that!

Thanks!
    JustLocked

18. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    1:43 AM
    Yes just as Gweny stated. I Locktite mine and so far it hasn't happen again. But sure make you think about what being locked permit would be like.

Then again, that might be a good thing!! Missy Tanya

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice