Progress Report, I'm deciding upon a Queens Keep

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by realdog2, Jul 22, 2011.

1. realdog2

realdog2 Member

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    I am now clearly decided upon exploring chastity and am firm on my choice of ordering a Mature Metal, "Queens Keep" or "Jail Bird". I am in the measuring phase prior to placing my order. I fit inside a 1 ¾ in. tube 1 ½ diameter. I will leave this on and observe that most of the time the end of my penis is almost right at the end of the tube… any attention of course it grows (I am a grower), and often it will recess about 1/8 in. inside. (I am measuring from tip to balls, bottom of penis, soft) I’m not sure if I am completely at rest or if this is shriveled. I’m still a little confused. I think if the length were to be 1 ½” I’d have no room to breath at all and be completely constricted, tight, I don’t think that is the objective. I’ve read here that I should subtract a quarter inch from the length measurement on a Mature Metal device due to design. If this is the case a 1 ½” length would be a perfect fit, however I certainly do not want to go too small. I’d rather be ¼” long rather than too short. While wearing cock rings, getting an idea about base ring size a 2” is too large, I can get a finger beneath, 1 ¾ is snug, so I should probably go with a 1 7/8” base ring and keep my fingers crossed that this is the correct size! I can wear a 1 ¾” cock ring all day comfortably, however it is snug and with the cock cage part of the Jail Bird, it may prove a bit uncomfortable for long term wear, which is my desire. I absolutely love the information I have found at this website. I welcome your input about measuring for Mature Metal device. I plan to place my order as soon as I am comfortable with final measurement, have read every post here for insight and info. Your comments will no doubt be useful to me! Thanks

2. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    Probably the most consistent comment regarding MM devices (besides the great service!) is that everybody measures too long. We all seem to think, "Well, I'd better add a 1/4" just to make sure", and then when we wear it, we think, "I could have made it a 1/4" shorter and it would be perfect". If you've read all the posts, your memory will probably be better than mine - do you recall anyone saying they made the cage too short?

And the main ring isn't really the problem, it's the gap between ring and cage that can leave ya weeping. Go for a main ring size that's snug, but not too snug. I got the wider gap the second time, and it made all the difference in the world.

3. jeank

jeank Member

Local Time:
    A couple of thoughts:

1. If this is your first device, be careful as your size will change quite significantly over the first few weeks of wearing a device, so what fits immediately will be far too loose very quickly. IMHO it pays to start with a miller device (CB3k or CB6k), which although plastic and "one size fits all" is a well thought out product and has the advantage of being very adjustable. Also relatively inexpensive and I think you'll find most folk here who have custom devices started that way. Lots of posts here about how to select ring size and spacers aand then adjust.

Once your size has "settled down", then is the time to go for a custom device.

2. The relative importance of measurements as far as fit is concerned does depend on your anatomy, and we're all different. Base ring size can be important. I have a 1 7/8" ring on my QK - it's perfect. BUT, if I go 1/16" smaller it hurts and 1/16" bigger and far too loose (it falls forward). I have a high and tight scrotum. Other folk on here seem to be able to manage with a much wider range of size.

3. I agree totally with Billus's point above - I had a jailbird before the QK - before ordering I spent several days making sure I had measured the length correctly and it paid off. Started with 1 3/4" and still have 1 3/4" and it's perfect. If it was 1/8" shorter it wouldn't be a problem, but wouldn't want it any longer. It's a matter of finding your smallest normal flaccid size if you're a grower. I went with the gap I ended up with on my CB3K and it is ideal.

Hope this is helpful.

4. realdog2

realdog2 Member

Local Time:
    Points well taken from both replies and especially the comment quoted below.

do you recall anyone saying they made the cage too short?

It appears 1 3/4 inch length is probably going to be it... I think I will continue to observe and measure a few more days and order towards the end of week. I'm anxious to get the process in motion so I can begin to explore the experience of being locked up, I am definitely going to do this, Thanks once again!

5. realdog2

realdog2 Member

Local Time:
    FINALLY, I ORDERED A JAILBIRD:

Although the Queens Keep looked very appealing I opted for the time tested Jailbird. Also after reading PansyTart’s Jailbird Review and 1 ¾ Length pics and seeing and then looking at Dollyanne’s review and the picture of her 1 ½ inch length jailbird…I was convinced that I absolutely needed to go with a 1 ½” Length too! Although I measure a fraction over 5” when erect I’m a grower that shrinks pretty small. I’ve never thought of myself as having a small cock, I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of it over the years, but it is what it is! hahahaha

My method of measuring included fashioning a cardboard tube 1 ½” in diameter (1 3/8” seems restrictive) with a length 1 ¾”. I slid this over my shaft (which only goes to my balls like a device). I would just relax and watch television or surf the web and observe that my penis retracted a quarter inch inside the tube. So I ordered a 1 ½” Length Jailbird after much deliberation. I thought with another quarter inch gravity when walking around would bring me to the tip. Then again, If I don’t need the extra quarter, why take it! That will be a quarter inch preventing me from even thinking about an erection. While thinking about this today … I’m comfortable with the final measurement and the thought that my cock really will be reduced to no more than a clit and pee hole… They say you can’t teach an old dog new trips… but I get this, friends… and I also absolutely understand that there is no right way or wrong way to do this (Chastity or any kink for that matter), It’s your way!

Ring Style : Oval
    Cage/Ring Gap : 3/8" Gap
    Cage Length : 1 1/2" Length
    Ring Size : 1 3/4" Ring
    Cage Diameter : 1 1/2" Dia.
    High Security Screw Security Screw

6 anti pull out pins. Blunt: Short, Medium, Long. Spike: Short, Medium, Long.

Also ordered an additional Oval Base Ring Size: 1 7/8" just to be on the safe side as I’[m looking for an out of the box initial fit. (2” Base Ring is absolutely too loose for me as I can get a finger sometimes two inside)

I had some email exchange with Mature Metal and can expect my product to arrive within 3 or 4 weeks. I’m very excited and while I’m free now, as with the last few weeks, I’m limiting my orgasms to once every 2 or 3 weeks, as this is keeping horny cock constantly fueled with erotic thoughts!

Will update here when my Jailbird arrives with an update and will post a few pics. I finally joined and have access to the Gallery section of the website. Thanks for your comments especially the one “…do you recall anyone saying they made the cage too short? ”. This definitely helped making my final decision.

Cheers~!

realdog2

6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Glad to help. Let us know how you progress when the JB arrives.

7. SissyCocu

SissyCocu The Strongest Sissy

Local Time:
    7:41 AM
    I love my new Queen's Keep...Just got it in the mail beginning of the week, haven't taken it off since.

8. realdog2

realdog2 Member

Local Time:
    As a follow up to my original post, I finally opted for the "Jailbird" after a few days of getting comfortable wearing it, maybe a week to 10 days of on and off wear, I finally was able to begin wearing it 24/7 and a week ago I completed 35 days in the device. I've just finished the first week of my first 60 day goal. I attended Atlanta DomCon over the week-end, Mature Metal had a vendor booth there and I have ordered a "Tube". I'm thinking out of sight, out of mind! Should be interesting to not even be able to see my cock for a while... perhaps in the future I may give the "Queen's Keep" a try too~!. I tried the cb6000s and there is no comparison in steel to plastic. I've begun using the security screw only, and set aside the pad-lock. It makes the two pieces seem like one unit and is not as simple to remove as putting a key in a lock. It takes me a bit of concentration and effort to line up the screw holes, get the screw started ect. as a self locker this is an incentive just to leave it on 24/7. Tonight I snapped on one of the numbered plastic snap tabs with the base ring and cage inside the loop and snapped it closed as a test, for comfort, etc. with hope that the square edge doesn't poke too much in waking hours or sleep. May prove to be a fail safe way to show a potential key holder that I can stay locked without escape.
    realdog2

Click here to see how long since my last orgasm

9. bucka

bucka Member

Canada
    Local Time:
    We're all the measurements perfect or would you have changed any the second time around?

10. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Can you confirm: is the high security screw what MM say it is, and only able to be opened with the specific key that comes with it?

11. realdog2

realdog2 Member

Local Time:
    Yes, I got the measurement pretty close to perfect. The 1 7/8" oval base ring with 3/8" gap is tight but I CAN wear it long term, I wore it 35 days with an occasional removal to stretch. Using baby oil gel with aloe help get through the adjustment period & chaffing the first 10 days or so. I also purchased a 1 3/4" oval base ring with 3/8 gap. Mature Metal adjusted the gap larger 1/16th to give a little more room for circulation as my balls were turning blue with this one... I wanted 2 base rings to be able to alternate so to give me a bit of relief should one becomes uncomfortable.

This week I'm wearing 1.75" oval base ring with the security screw, next week I may alternate to the other.

When using the padlock, while it looks good, the weight of padlock tends to rotate the device a quarter turn or so to either left of right. Once I found that I could continuously wear the device 24/7 I began to use the security screw. Using the security screw, I find that psychologically the base and cage pieces are joined into one unit. It is not as easily removed as turning a key. It takes some effort for one person to line up the screw holes and get the screw started while holding everything in place. It takes a steady hand. If someone were helping or doing it for you, I'm sure it would be easier! Therefore, once you go through the effort to get it on with the security screw, as a self-locker I don't want to take it off, simply because it is not the easiest task to get it back on... I don't mean to sound negative... it's just the way it is for me! I'm also noticing that with the security screw in... the device is not rotating due to the weight of padlock up top. I've noticed the last 3 days it has remained exactly lined up and in place...

On the length size 1 1/2". I'm a grower... while flaccid it is perfect, when I grow to 5 1/2 inches I've got 4 inches of torque on my testicles. After the first few days of waking to major erections and balls being stretched! Ouch! I think subconsciously I've learned or trained myself not to have the huge nightly orgasms or either a subconscious voice is saying don't got there, that hurts! I'm certainly not having them as consistently. Now maybe every 3rd of 4th morning and not as severe, which makes me extremely happy. Sleeping in the Jailbird is comfortable. It's become part of me, of who I am.

I've ordered MM "Tube" Length to be 1 3/4" with an Oval Double Base Ring. Gap 7/16" with my Jailbird experience I think this will be an out of the box fit. I'm also contemplating a PA piercing... so to add a security cable to use with both Jailbird & Tube. It is possible for me to pull penis out if I have a mind to! As I understand this is the case with any trap ball device, at least with my anatomy I think it's like an octopus being able to suck itself through a hole the size of a quarter! hahaha I like the Mistress who says a severe caning to the penis will cure one from attempting to escape chastity! As I do not have the incentive that Mistress provides, the next step ... find a key holder in Atlanta :)

I'm also looking at the pros and cons of the PA. I'm definitely hooked on chastity and tease & denial. wanting to take steps to become more secure and ultimately have another in charge of any release and all orgasms.

The short answers, Measurements are good! The second time around with the Tube ... I'm going with 1 3/4" length. That's only a quarter inch longer... but it's to allow a bit for erections. Yes, the security screw definitely works... you could probably back the screw out with needle nose pliers! but why! You don't want to damage the product. It's a quality crafted stainless steel device that I want to last for years!

Click Here For Time Since My Last Orgasm!

realdog2

12. enslave.meh

enslave.meh Member

i own a tiny business.
    home
    Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    what made u choose the jailbird over the queens keep? i am a first timer so just want it to be the best.

13. Lessfree

Lessfree Lessfree

Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    yes, I would like to know that answer also....as we do not know which one to buy?

14. enslave.meh

enslave.meh Member

i own a tiny business.
    home
    Local Time:
    8:11 PM
  15. chastity.xxx

chastity.xxx New member

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    I've been eyeing off the QK for a couple of months now.
    The jail bird does seem quite similar though.
    I'd also like to know more about the decision making process.
    After wearing the jailbird for a while you mention possibly trying the QK later. Does this mean you have doubts about the jailbird, or are you just curious to compare?
    I suppose you can't know for sure until you've worn them both.
    Let us know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice