A padlock issue...

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Goddess Jen, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    1:24 PM
    I've tried searching for a thread about this issue and couldn't find any. Hope I'm not repeating anything. On to the question/problem:

John got his MM jailbird on Saturday. So far, it couldn't be more perfect. Design is awesome, easy access to tease through the bars..hehe, super comfy, easy to clean, the works. But, he's having an issue with the padlock and how it lays. Instead of laying flat against the CD (like it did on his CB6000) it lays horizontally. So, as anyone who has a JB knows, it sticks out to the side. He been saying that it's a problem for 2 reasons.

1. When he sits down (driving and such) it digs into his thigh.

2. Because of the weight of the lock it turns the device sideways on his cock, complicating the lock in the thigh problem.

So, here's the question I have. Do any of you use a lock that lays flat, in front of your device? If so, what kind is it? At the moment, he's using plastic numbered locks, which are fine for the time being. But, being a lady who likes to wear her key, I don't like this option. I could just wear it and pretend it unlocks his device, but that ruins the fun. I've always loved the symbolic action of taking the key off my persons when I want to unlock him. Plus, I love the questions I get about what the key is for around my neck or ankle. *giggles*

Or, is he just being a baby that needs to suck up the times it's uncomfortable? It does just take a little shift of the device, but that means he's constantly pulling at the front of his pants. I'd really like it to not look like he's a 6 year old that's just discovered his cock. ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Hey Jen,
    I recently got rachels jailbird and the lock lays sideways on hers too. I couldnt get the lock I bought along with the jailbird to go through the hole so I am useing one of My own locks but the hasp is still to narrow to make the turn to make the lock lay down the way they always do on the plastic devices. rachel took the look and grinded off the edges of the lock as she has with all the previous locks shes had so its not stabbing her.
    As for that twisting, rachel asked dollyanne if she had the twisting issue and she said she had and that it did go away. Also found that you dont really need lubricant with the jailbird and without useing lube it dosent slide around as much ( another one of dollyannes advices)
    I do know though after all this that the smaller the better is good advice when sizing for these. rachel should be in one a tad smaller in circumference, which will be taken care of in due time. I think if the circumfrence was smaller there wouldnt be any room for twisting.
    I gotta say though, this is the most beautiful and permanant way of keeping someone locked, unlike the plastic and other devices, there is no freakin way, if sized properly, that anyone could get out of this short of cutting the lock off. Its a perfect design and a perfect device.

If you want to try to get a better lock that will slide all the way around, go to Lowes and check out those, they have a ton of them.

Mistress Michelle

3. happypants

happypants Goddess Jen's husband

Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    the numbered plastic locks that come with the CB allow the cage to go one way and the ring to go another. was thinking about a plastic bolt+nut. you could melt the bolt and the nut would not be removable.

i'm not a "sneaker" so security isn't a huge issue.

4. Goddess Jen

Local Time:

A sneaker?!?! That made me :happy0187:

Thanks for the information, Michelle! Very helpful.

5. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    Made Me :happy0187: too LMAO

6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    7:24 PM
    I got a lock with the rubber coating, like the CB-6000 comes with. It took care of 99% of the problem of the lock digging into me.

As for the twisting, try turning the lock in the other direction.

7. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    I had this problem initially—the cage twisted and the lock dug into my testicles! In my case it didn't matter which side the lock was on as far as which way it twisted, but putting the lock on one side or the other based on the latest twisting did minimize the gouging. To solve the problem two things were done: 11) Maturemetal agreed to polish and grind down the sharp edges on the lock so it wouldn't gouge me, and 2) We worked to reduce the twisting. He made some small changes to the way the rings were aligned and I found that if the cage was installed a certain way, mainly with no lubrication and a little skin trapped between the cage and the back ring, the twisting was minimized. Over time, as things stretched, the twisting virtually stopped.

Hope this helps.

dollyanne

8. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    Thank you Dolly and all of the others who added their advice. Muchly appreciated!!!

John did grind down the corners of the lock yesterday and so far, that seems to have done the trick. Less lube has been a help as well.

Looks like we've got the issue licked! The only thing he's complaining about now (subbies...always complaining about something ;) ), is the night time hard-ons. Yea, that's something I can't help with and he had the same issue with his 6000. He'll get used to it. And if he doesn't? Oh, well. Suck it up buttercup! :evilgrin0036:

9. ddh067

ddh067 Junior Member

Scandinavia
    Local Time:
    Hi, I had mine with the high security screw delivered a couple of days ago and I think it's a lot better than the padlock (and the padlock is not bad at all!). It's not in the way, it has almost no wight and the tube is more fixt to the a-ring. I also think it's more secure. The padlock is very hard to get rid of without the key, but I think this one is even harder to get rid of without hurting yourself.

/D

10. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Hi and thank you! I am about to add the security screws to the site as an option. I wanted to work out the bugs and get feedback first. There were several bugs to work out, like the screws being too long or too short. Some are requesting a collar that prevent someone from attempting to remove the screw with pliers. I don't believe that would be possible but then again anything is possible. I mean if someone wants out bad enough they can always cut the locking post with a dremel. But then again they may cut something else off by accident.

11. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I'm not a metal craftsman, so this may count for nothing, but I wouldn't have thought it would be terribly hard to accommodate a flat-headed security screw, so that there's nothing sticking out to grasp with a pair of pliers.

My main question about the security screw option is whether you need to choose either the screw or the padlock. Can a padlock be used with a ring and cage that are set up for the security screw? Or would the padlock not fit through the threads, or even worse, strip them? My guess is that the threads are only on the locking post, not on the "sleeve" or collar, whatever you call the part of the cage that slides over the locking post. At least you should be able to get one ring for a padlock and another for a padlock, right?

12. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    Yes the screws are flat headed so it makes it much harder. If I could figure out how to reduce the pictures I would post them.
    The hole is big enough for the lock or the screws. I have found that the aluminum master locks have a bigger shank and will not work. But the master brass locks should work fine. I do not think the a lock will ruin the threads. It might after years of service. I am just not sure. Oh an yes the locking post is threaded but not the collar.

13. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    Just getting back to this lifestyle after a year or so away and this very topic was what I was looking for. I had heard the padlock could dig into you a little. Looking at the security screw option brings it closer to the price of a Lori device which saddens me some. However when I have looked at the money spent over the last few years, including a full belt design, I guess this is small change. Thanks for the info, this helps me a lot.

14. Gunner

Gunner Active member

Local Time:
    What about an integrated lock? There are several European devices with an integrated lock and they all look the same. My guess is that they are available by themselves thru some lock manufacture. I've tried to find them but they have to be out there. Is this something that MM has considered?

15. happypants

happypants Goddess Jen's husband

Local Time:
    hi all!!
    been away from this site awhile...but stumbled on this screw thing on the MM website. so i figured maybe i would find my answers here. i love my jail bird- how do i get the security screw set-up to work. do u just send me the parts, do i send it in? ur website doesnt give a accurate description... what does the screw--screw into? i was contiplating getting another base ring-is this what needs to be replaced? ( unless i missed it somewhere on this thread) should i contact u directly through ur website? funny thing is. my solution was using a nut+bolt set-up- which i loved!!!!! but not really secure. thanks, happy

16. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    Hi happypants,
    You would simply return the jailbird and current ring and he will get you all fixed up. The high security screw/key is ONLY made for the company that supplies them to us. The medium secruity option could be found online if you do some research. If you purchase a new base ring while we have your decive here, that will become threaded also. Feel free to email us at maturemetal@grandecom.net. We always check emails, but may not get to your question here as quickly as I would like.
    Thanks
    Mistress MatureMetal

17. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I'm with mistressmm, GoddessJen. Go for the high security screw and your problems could be solved. And you'll have screwed him in more ways than one...LOL

18. al_krington

al_krington Member

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    Having worn various CBs over the past 12 or so months and finding the padlocks the biggest issue - especially sitting forward and showing more under clothing, I decided to order the security screw for my Jail Bird. I convinced myself that if I'm spending a lot on a device I want it to be just right. Having seen lots of different pictures of the Jail Bird - some with padlocks, I think, for the extra few $'s it will sit much better on me without a padlock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice