Mike's Spikes from JT's Stockroom

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Mja75, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Mja75

Mja75 New member

Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    Hey guys,
    long time lurker, first time poster. :) I just wanted to do a quick review of Mike's Spikes (a version of the Kali's Teeth Bracelet) sold by JT's Stockroom. My fiance and I were looking for a simple, yet effective, chastity device for extended wear. We practice chastity primarily for the purpose of masturbation prevention/control rather than long-term orgasm denial (though LTOD is always an option if she desires it), so we needed something to serve such a purpose. We have multiple devices and they all have their pros and cons, including the MCD from Club Femme. I really liked the simplicity, workmanship, and compact size of that particular device, though I found that the pain was not enough of a deterrent to prevent me from masturbating to conclusion (in fact, like one other reviewer stated, the pain made the orgasm ULTRA intense). To combat that, I trimmed a row of spikes off to make it tighter and that seems to have worked.

But I digress....

So anyway, when I saw the Spikes go on sale (still is through the holidays), we figured "what the hell?". If nothing else, it would be a fun toy for us to use during one of our sessions or when my fiance saw fit to torture me. When I received it and opened it, I initally was taken aback by its size and weight. This thing is not subtle! It is a medieval CBT/chastity device which would make a fine showpiece in any dungeon. One of the features of this device that intrigued me the most is the adjustability of the spikes. You can use an appropriately sized allen wrench to adjust the length of the included (blunt) spikes or exchange them for the optional sharper spikes, which I also ordered at the same time (not brave enough to try them....yet!). Out of the package, the spikes were all adjusted to where the tops were flush with the top of the device, though with a few more turns of the wrench, you could countersink them just a bit, making them longer on the inside of the device and reducing the inside diameter. That said, I tried it on and was pleasantly surprised at how it felt. The only problem is that I'm a grower, and while my underwear would support the device, it would slide its way down my flaccid shaft when it was not supported (again, this thing is relatively heavy!). So, I grabbed the wrench, lengthened the spikes just a bit and voila!, problem solved. No more sliding.

Next test: how does it feel when I'm erect? While soft, the weight of the device is noticeable and yes, it's bulky, but able to be hid under clothes and not uncomfortable. It just looks like you have something in your pocket (insert joke). So, I then attempted to get myself hard. Yeah, that's not a good idea. The spikes do a great job of making you never want to masturbate again...and these are the blunt ones. I only got semi-erect before I decided not to push my luck. The spikes seem to use the green light-yellow light-red light method of warning you that the pain is about to be brought. That said, the spikes did NOT puncture my shaft, but they did leave marks which would likely bruise if you keep pushing your luck. So after sleeping surprisingly well in it (my nocturnal erection was only half as intense with this thing on), I got up and decided to "double check" to make sure that I couldn't masturbate in the device. Lesson learned. No way I'm getting off while this thing is on without a lot of crying and likely passing out. Oh, if you do decide to yank your crank while this is on, you will be reminded of your transgression after you are soft, and likely after you take the thing off. So, after a satisfactory 24 hour evaluation period, I gave my fiance the key and any suitably sized wrenches which could be used to adjust the spikes and sent her off to work.

So in summary:
    Fit: May slide if you are a grower, but can possibly be adjusted so that it doesn't.
    Comfort: No more uncomfortable than any other device I have worn.
    Size/Weight: Medieval
    Appearance: Beautiful
    Effective: Extremely (for me, at least)
    Recommended: Absolutely
    Locking mechanism: Padlock

Thanks!
    Matt

2. Rita

Rita Long term member

England
    Local Time:
    7:52 PM
    Matt
    Thank you for bringing such a delightful device to our attention, I'm sure it will give your keyholder hours of fun especially as you are a grower!
    ,<weg>
    IMO to be perfect it should have the sharp spikes rather than the blunt ones as standard and needs an outer sleeve to cover the screwheads so that the wearer cannot change the settings.
    if anyone else is interested the link is:
    http://www.stockroom...s-TM-P4679.aspx
    Rita

3. Mja75

Mja75 New member

Local Time:
    Yeah, something to prevent tampering with the spikes would be good, a ring to take some of the weight would help too. The sharp spikes though? OUCH! :)

4. Rita

Rita Long term member

England
    Local Time:
    If it was fastened with the lock on the top rather than the side it would be simplicity itsellf to use a chain from a waist belt to support the weight.

Always, they are much more fun! <weg>

Only if you do not control yourself.
    Rita

5. Ninja

Ninja New member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    Thank you for your news
    Which spikes do you use?

6. Mja75

Mja75 New member

Local Time:
    I use the blunt ones, but my KH threatens to make me install the sharp ones if I misbehave. The blunt ones hurt plenty bad enough that I wouldn't want to find out what the sharp ones feel like! :).

Oh, a word of advice if you have purchased one of these devices: the blunt spikes may have rough edges resulting from the grinding process they went through to make them blunt, so grab a nail file, emry board, etc. and smooth them out a bit. Your penis will thank you.

7. Rita

Rita Long term member

England
    Local Time:
    I hope your KH has plenty antiseptic cream for when the device is removed to help "sooth" any little scratches or skin punctures.
    Rita

8. Argentus

Argentus Active member

Health Care
    Boston
    Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    I've only used the sharp spikes. I received it when my domme was away, and she told me to put it on. I did so, but it was impossible to put it on without loosening the spikes. It fit great for a few hours, but when I shrank from going out into the cold, it started to slip off, and drew blood, and was very painful, even for someone like me. After giving some time to heal, I've asked my princess to attach it with the spikes as deep as possible.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of faith that it will stay on, though. I did get it as tight as possible, by myself, after applying, and it still fell off fairly easily. I wish it had a ring that attached behind the balls. i want to wear this for my lady. I've never cheated, and she knows it, but I want to give up orgasms unless she's given me permission. For the 8 hours I was able to wear Mike's Spikes, it was very effective.

My princess is asleep, now, and I will ask her to attach the sharp spikes as tight as possible after she uses me, tomorrow. I will report back with the results.

As for the device itself, it's huge, heavy, and pretty. the shiny stainless is sexy, but wearing it long-term, especially with the sharp spikes (if you don't you're a pussy, sorry), may not be possible, because of the variability of size of human anatomy.

9. Kir_S

Kir_S Active member

Moscow
    Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    And what is the weight of this? I am a grower, so heavy KTB just slides down.

10. Argentus

Argentus Active member

Health Care
    Boston
    Local Time:
    It is quite heavy. I am having the same issue.

11. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
  12. Rita

Rita Long term member

England
    Local Time:
  13. Argentus

Argentus Active member

Health Care
    Boston
    Local Time:
    Yes, thanks, but I have to agree with Rita. I still wear my spikes and often put them on as soon as I get home, depending on my mistress' whim. Even with sharp spikes, countersunk below the surface of the ring, it still slips off after a while (and I am not small when hard... not at all). This isn't news, but the point is that, if I can take a horizontal diameter of about 3/8 of an inch, with sharp spikes, there is not going to be much of a torture element with the device you linked.

Incidentally, it does stay on a lot longer, the way I have been tightening it. I have to shrink a lot, or wear it while moving around a lot for it to slip. The method of attachment is not for those without a high pain tolerance, though. I lock the spikes on, and then tighten the sharp spikes just about to the maximum (i.e. the screws are sunk a few turns below the surface of the device) on all but the bottom 4 (to allow urine to pass through, and the top 6 (to allow for circulation). The top and bottom 4 are at about half of the maximum depth, and the 2 central ones closest to the lock, on top, I leave tightened to just above the surface. I have managed to sleep a maximum of 4 hours with them on, like this. Waking up with an erection was torturous, and, in my sleepy mind, I reached for the key and removed them. Of course, this is akin to removing nipple clamps that have been on for a long time. It is a brutal sensation, but momentary. I only wish I could surrender the stupid key to my Christina. Neither she nor I think that is wise, given the way the device does not stay on (and at that tightness, if it slipped off completely in a strenuous activity, it could cause some serious injury by ripping the loose skin that it claws into).

14. Argentus

Argentus Active member

Health Care
    Boston
    Local Time:
    I don't believe that a cock ring will help. I have used "zip ties" (such as those used to hold bundles of cables/wires together) as both a ring around my cock and balls, and also a smaller one between this ring and the lock of the spikes. If I shrunk, it didn't matter that it was attached that way. I think that, if I had a PA, I could work something out. My mistress doesn't want me to get piercings, though, so the only thing I can think of is a plug that fits very tightly on insertion, somehow fastened to the spikes in a way that kept my penis stretched out, while pushing the spikes back toward the body at the same time. That is impractical, though. It would be nice if the ring, itself, was made of aluminum like philfred's link above. That may make it stay on for a lot longer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice